Chapter 47 - Forgiveness

Timeless

Junhyung’s POV

‘The number you have dialed is currently not available, please tried again later goodbye’ I tried for the umpteenth time yet I could never reached her. I had tried to find her in her shop but her shop had never opened ever since she ran away from the practice room that day. I went to her house and rang the bell but she never once opened the door for me.

*Come on Reii, don’t do this to me* I called her again yet I could only reached to her voicemail. Without any thought I just took my car keys and walked out of the practice room.

‘Hyung! Where are you going?!’ I could hear Yoseob’s calling from the back but I could careless anymore. I needed to see Reii now.

I drove at top speed not caring if I would be caught because of that. I just wanted to see her now. Im going insane from not seeing her. We cant just end like this without a word. I cant just let her go like this without a word from her. I had to at least begged for her forgiveness. Yeah, at least let me be able to say sorry to her.

‘Reii! Open up! Please!’ I yelled as I rang the door bell.

‘Reii please, just this once! Please opened up, I need to see you’ I yelled again as I bang my hand against the door. I wasn’t planning to leave until I see her today.

I was about to knock again when the door spun opened. ‘Reii’ I instantly went towards Reii to hug her but she held out her hand to stop me before I could.

‘Don’t touch me’ Reii said coldly as she backed slightly away from me. I felt a knife stabbed into my heart seeing how cold she was towards me.

‘Reii..’ I called as I looked at her face. My heart hurt to see her like that. Reii was in a mess. She looked like she hadn’t eat and slept for days and all she did was to cry her heart out. I wanted to reach out her tear-stained face but she backed away again.

‘What do you want to talk about? Say it quickly’ Reii said coldly as she stood in front of me. There was no loveliness in her tone anymore and there wasn’t any emotion in her eyes. There wasn’t even hate.

‘Im sorry I didn’t told you about the truth I know but I only found out everything after I saw Doojoon’s picture. I know whatever I said to you will only be exuses but trust me, I really love you.’

‘But you still killed him didn’t you?’ her voiced cracked and her words could be barely heard. Tears were already threatening to fall from her eyes and I knew how much I have hurt her.

I went down on my knee, ‘Im sorry, Im sorry for killing him. Im sorry for taking him away from you when he’s your everything. Im sorry for hurting you the most when I promised you I’ll heal you aching heart. Im sorry that I break my promise that I’ll protect you from now on when Im the one that killed you again just because I was drunk on that day. Im sorry for everything I have done, I really am.’ Tears were blocking my vision as I begged for forgiveness.

‘You can do whatever you want with me as long as you feel better. Im willing to do anything as long as you could stopped blaming yourself because of me, because of falling for me. If you want me to go to the police station and confess everything I will, just as long as you said it Reii. I’ll do anything you said with no regrets.’ I looked up at her as tears flowed down my cheeks. Reii too was struggling hard not to break down in front of me.

‘Just disappear from my life from now on’ Reii’s whisper was like daggers sent into my heart. She closed the door right after she said that. I dropped onto the floor as I watched the closed door in front of me.

*She’ll never be able to forgive me afterall. We’ll never be the same anymore. Why? Why does fate have to be like this*

 

Reii’s POV

The moments I closed the door, I looked at Junhyung through the monitor screen. He was on the floor, his eyes never left the place I was standing at. My heart hurts seeing him like this. He too was in a mess like me, there were heavy eyebags below his eyes and his face had gone smaller because of the lost of weight.

*Why? Why do we have to fall in love? Why did you fall in love with me? Why does it have to be you that killed Doojoon? Why?* I covered my mouth to muffle my cries. My heart hurts when I knew about the truth but it hurt more knowing that I shouldn’t be with you anymore.

*Why? Why do I still want to be with you even though you’re the one that killed Doojoon? I hated myself for feeling like this. I hated myself for still loving you even though I knew I shouldn’t* I hated how my heart yearn for Junhyung all these days while I was at home. All I could think of was him and only him. His hurt image when I left the elevator that day had never left my mind.

*Junhyung ah~ Forgive me, I have to be fair to Doojoon. Forgive me for bringing you pain. Forgive me that I never told you that I had already forgiven you. Forgive me that I hadnt told you I love you when you always showed me all your love for me and tell me how much you loved me. Forgive me, please forgive me for not being able to stay by your side for the rest of our life* I finally realized how much I loved him. I finally knew how important Junhyung was to me now. He was as important as Doojoon but we could never be together again, we could never be the same again.