dining partner

Oh My Beloved...!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWO WEEK LATER

BOOKS ART GALLERY

 

After a two week of not seeing each other, Jiyong drop by at the gallery just to meet Taeyeon. He comes during the lunch hour with a lunch box for them to eat together. When his is arrival at the gallery, most of the staff already went out. Jiyong went straight toward Taeyeon office and then with hope he knocks the door.

“Coming…” Taeyeon said while her eyes focus on the computer.

Jiyong open the door slightly while he's showing his head inside the office.

“Food delivery...” Jiyong said with smiles.

Taeyeon look at the door and she’s smiling after she saw Jiyong.

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked with surprised.

“I bought lunch...” Jiyong replied while he shows the lunch box in his hand.

Taeyeon smiling, and then she signal him to come in with her hand. Jiyong enter the office with smiles, and then he put the lunch box on the table.

“Did you just come back?” Taeyeon asked while she went to the couch.

Jiyong nodded.

“Just arrived this morning...” Jiyong replied while he went to the pantry and get water for them.

Taeyeon open the lunch box before she says

“Yah…! Why don't you just rest at home? Aigoo...”

“I already get enough sleep. Now, I'm hungry...” Jiyong replied before he sits beside her and put the glass of water on the table.

Taeyeon shake her head after see Jiyong reaction.

“Wow… looks what I buy for us…” Jiyong said after he looks at the foods.

Taeyeon smiling and says

“Thank you… by the way, how did you know I didn’t go out for lunch?”

She looks at Jiyong with suspicious eyes.

“I have my own spy…” Jiyong replied before he takes the food and then eat.

“Yeah... should I believe that...?” Taeyeon asked while she munches her foods.

She knew Jiyong is always joking with her and sometimes, she doesn't know when he is serious.

Jiyong just continue eating happily while his eyes looking at Taeyeon beside him.

“This is great…” Taeyeon said while she continues munches.

“I know… here… eat more…” Jiyong replied while he gives the meat to her.

After that, both of them just continue eating while talking random topics.

“So... where did you fly this time? Europe? Middle East? West?” Taeyeon asked before she sips her drink.

“Still Europe... perhaps they will change it for next month schedule...” Jiyong replied before he continues eating.

“How you can manage it? Stay at the air more than land?” Taeyeon asked curious.

Jiyong chuckles after Taeyeon asked that.

“No one asking me like that before...” Jiyong said while continue chuckles.

“Hey, I’m serious here. I’m just curious… how can you manage that?” Taeyeon asked before she takes her food and then continue eating.

“Well… how can I explain that... hurm... incredible? amazing? I think more like... thrilled.  It's already become part of my life... so I just adapt it...” Jiyong replied try to explain his point of view.

“You are really enjoying this job, huh?” Taeyeon asked after she saw Jiyong happy face when he’s talking about that.

Jiyong nodded.

“I love my job... I'm doing what can make me satisfying... one day, I hope I will become the captain...” Jiyong said with eager.

Taeyeon smiles when she saw Jiyong like that.

“That's good to hear that...” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

“Yeah… but the journey still far for me... I still have few months before the captain training. If I’m passing that test, then... I can grab that moment to become the captain.” Jiyong said to explain.

“Don’t worry. You can do that… I know you will do your best!” Taeyeon replied while pat Jiyong shoulder.

Jiyong smiles after she said that.

Suddenly, someone knocks the door, and then they’re saw Dami open the door.

“Yes, chief?” Taeyeon asked when she saw her chief.

“Hi, noona…” Jiyong greet Dami casually.

“What are you doing here?” Dami asked surprised after she saw Jiyong in that office.

“Meet my friend…” Jiyong replied before he continues eating his foods.

Dami narrow her eyes after she saw Jiyong reaction. Meanwhile, Taeyeon look at two of them with confused.

“You two know each other?” Taeyeon hesitated asked them.

Dami still look at Jiyong while Jiyong keep smiles act as if nothing happened.

“She’s my older sister…” Jiyong said while munch his foods.

Taeyeon startled after he said that.

“It's that a reason you call me and ask about her? Yah...! I told you, don't come here, aren't you?” Dami asked with serious.

“Noona, I’m not here for you… so… you can't stop me to come here...” Jiyong replied with smirks.

Dami rolled her eyes with irate, and then she looks at Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon, Mr. Nelson will come here this week. So, get ready to welcome him. His secretary already emails us about the hotel and schedule details. Okay?” Dami asked.

“Yes, chief. Should we welcome him at the airport?” Taeyeon asked.

“Oh, no need. He doesn't like that. So, we just get ready for him to come to the gallery.” Dami replied.

“Okay, got it.” Taeyeon said before she went to her computer to see the email.

Before Dami left, she looks at Jiyong and then says

“Jiyong…! Don't disturb her! Come to my office after you're done...!”

After Dami left, Jiyong look at Taeyeon, and he saw her focus on the computer without saying anything.

“So… Mr. Nelson will visit here, huh?” Jiyong asked try to break the silent.

Taeyeon narrow her eyes with annoy after Jiyong speak to her.

“Why didn't you tell me that your spy is chief? Noona? Argh... What other secrets are you hiding from me, Jiyong?” Taeyeon asked firm.

“Hey, I have my own reason not to tell you... I thought you'll be awkward if I'm telling you about Dami noona. That's why...” Jiyong said with uneasy.

“So... now you can see less awkward, didn't you? What will she think about this? You come to have lunch with me rather than going to see her?” Taeyeon asked sarcastic.

“Hey, I’m sorry… I know I shouldn't lie to you...” Jiyong replied try to calm down her.

“Argh… that’s why she knew about the flower and that card... argh... this is so embarrassing.” Taeyeon said while cover her face.

Jiyong didn’t say anything afterward.

“You already finish, right? Now go meet her. I don't want she assumes something is going on between us...” Taeyeon continue said afterward.

Jiyong look at her for a while before he slowly asks

“Are we... still can be... friend, right?”

Taeyeon look at Jiyong after he asked that. The truth, she's not angry because of Jiyong lie to her. She's just shy of her chief. At that moment, she saw Jiyong uneasy reaction, but she didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. In the end, she just says

“Of course, we're still friend...”

Jiyong smiling after she said that.

“Thank you… I’m really sorry, Taeyeon. I’m so sorry… I will talk to noona that there is nothing between us... so, don't worry, okay?” Jiyong asked try comfort her.

Taeyeon nodded.

“I can clean up that... you can go... thanks for the lunch...” Taeyeon said with smiles.

Jiyong nodded but then with hesitated he left the office. Taeyeon sigh deeply after Jiyong left, and then she continues with her works while try not to think about that anymore.

 

 

AT NIGHT

SEOUL BAR

 

That night, Jiyong went to meet his friends after a long time not to see them. At the same time, he already promised to Soohyuk to meet him after he comes back from his duty. Jiyong arrived early and his waiting for them in the VIP room alone. While he's drinking, he's remembering his sister's Dami words when he went to her office.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Noona?”Jiyong greet after he open the door.

“Come here and explain…” Dami replied firm.

“Noona, it's not what you think... she's just one of my friends... that's all...” Jiyong said try to explain.

Dami look at him with suspicious eyes.

“So sudden she becomes your friend? and... Coincidentally you're here and having lunch together...?” Dami asked sarcastic.

“Okay… I know what is your point here… you already know about me seeing her during the blind date, right? and you know what is happened after that... and that end there. But, when we're meet again at Stockholm... I'm the one helping here finding Mr. Nelson. That's how we're starting getting closer. I feel comfortable around her. I want to be her friend... it's that wrong?” Jiyong asked with upset.

Dami look at Jiyong face after he said that. For the first time, she never saw Jiyong being serious like that when they're talking. She felt something that make she wants to ask more, however she holds it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter