next to me

Oh My Beloved...!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SIX MONTHS LATER

BUSAN

KWON BUNGALOW

 

Jiyong put his crutches besides before he lay on the bed. After he underwent therapy for several months, Jiyong leg starts to give positive reaction. Now, he can stand and walking using the crutches. However, the doctor still advises him to be careful before doing dangerous thing. During his treatment, Jiyong decided to resign from the airlines while he's focusing on his cure. Also, during his therapy, other than his family, Taeyeon and his best friends also come and help him. Even before that, Jiyong keep pushing them away, but with Taeyeon persuade, he became soft and start to look at positive side.

At the same time, Taeyeon give him hope to be cured. He wants to hear her answer about his question. After she came back from Paris, she's rarely come to visit him every week. Jiyong know about her getting busy for the exhibition, but he felt empty for not to see her. From a week, she came to visit in two weeks and then once a month. Now, as he knew, she's at Dresden, Germany. She told him that the museum have a new arts book to get for exhibition.

“Miss you…” Jiyong mutter slowly.

Suddenly, someone knocked his room door.

“Jiyong?” Mrs. Kwon calls his name after open the door.

“Yes, omma…” Jiyong replied still lay on his bed.

“I'm going to meet appa at the hotel, are okay to be here? Or... you want to follow me?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“I’m fine, omma. I want a rest…” Jiyong replied.

“Arasso... if you want to eat... just asks Mrs. Lee. She will be here... calls me if you need anything.” Mrs. Kwon said.

“Nae… don’t worry about me…” Jiyong replied.

After Mrs. Kwon left the room, Jiyong take his phone to texting someone.

 

Where are you? – Jiyong

on my way to work... – Soohyuk

where will go this time? – Jiyong

Berlin… why? – Soohyuk

Berlin? Germany? – Jiyong

Yeah… why? – Soohyuk

Taeyeon also at Germany… but she’s at Dresden – Jiyong

Oh… it's still took two hours to go there from Berlin – Soohyuk

Argh… I miss to fly again – Jiyong

Then, get yourself cure… - Soohyuk

 

Jiyong didn’t replied him after that. He looks at ceiling and remembers about him and his appa conversation before.

 

FLASHBACK

THREE MONTH BEFORE

 

“Jiyong, how were you?” Mr. Kwon asked when he visits the ward.

“I’m fine, appa…” Jiyong replied.

After Jiyong take care of Mr. Kwon after his heart attack, the bond between them starts to get better. Although sometimes there is still an ego, but Jiyong try tolerance to make, sure they're not arguing.

“Omma ask me to give you this fruits,” Mr. Kwon said while put the basket on the table.

“Thank you” Jiyong replied.

“You want to go out?” Mr. Kwon asked.

“Sure” Jiyong replied.

Mr. Kwon helps Jiyong to get into his wheelchair. Afterward, he pushed the wheelchair toward the hospital garden. For a moment, both of them are just looking at the garden scenery silently.

“You want a drink?” suddenly Mr. Kwon asked.

“No, appa… I’m fine” Jiyong replied.

“Okay…” Mr. Kwon said and then once again nobody is talking.

“Did you have something to say to me?” suddenly Jiyong asked to break the silent.

Mr. Kwon looks at Jiyong after he asked that.

“Oh… well… if you're asking that... yeah… can I?” Mr. Kwon asked carefully.

Jiyong nodded.

“What is your plan after this? Did you have intention to continue your life as pilot?” Mr. Kwon asked curiously.

Jiyong is silent afterward.

“I know... I'm not supposedly saying this, at this time... but... the hotel really need the heirs. I have no one except you...” Mr. Kwon continues with honest.

Jiyong look at his father after he said that.

“You think I'm capable to become the heirs? Look at me right now... it's funny to joke right now?” Jiyong asked while chuckles.

“Jiyong…I’m serious here…” Mr. Kwon replied.

“So do I... appa, to become heirs... took big responsibility. You think I can be heirs while sitting on wheelchair? This is not funny...” Jiyong said with firm.

Mr. Kwon didn’t replied him afterward.

“Then… will you consider it after you didn't use the wheelchair?” Mr. Kwon suddenly asked with hope.

Jiyong look at his father face and he can see his eyes full of hope for him.

In the end, Jiyong just nodded with uneasy. At his condition, Jiyong knew his future as a pilot unclear, at least, by considering becoming heirs, he won't hurt his parents anymore.

“Thank you…” Mr. Kwon said with smiles.

 

END FLASHBACK

 

 

TWO WEEKS LATER

SEOUL

AT CAFÉ

 

After she comes back from Germany, Taeyeon spend her time with her friends before she left to Jeju. She invites her friend to meet at the café to meet up.

“Hi dear~~” Tiffany greet after she’s arrive.

Taeyeon smiles before she says

“You look so beautiful…”

“I know… you like the dress? I design it,” Tiffany says while styling in front of her.

“Really? It’s so great… the color… I like it…” Taeyeon replied.

“Yeah…me too” Tiffany said with smiles.

“What are you two doing?” suddenly Sooyoung greet after approaching them.

“She’s showing her new dress…” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

“I thought she’s dancing in front you,” Sooyoung said before she sits.

Taeyeon chuckles after Sooyoung said that.

“Where is Yuri?” Taeyeon asked.

“She’s on the way…” Sooyoung replied.

“So… did you bought anything for us?” Tiffany asked with smiles.

“Of course…” Taeyeon replied while she takes her bag and take out the souvenir for them.

“Wow… looks at this scarf… I like it” Tiffany said while looking at the scarf.

“Yah… Kim Taeyeon, why don’t you pick up my call?” suddenly Yuri asked after she’s arrived.

“Oh... sorry... I put into silent. Why?” Taeyeon asked.

“Look at your phone first...” Yuri replied.

Taeyeon frown with confused before she took her phone. After she opened, she saw a missed call from Yuri and her message. Taeyeon look into the message, and suddenly she stunned with the sudden news.

“Is it true?” Taeyeon asked with surprised.

Yuri nodded before she says

“Chief told us before she left. So, you wanna go?”

Taeyeon nodded before she tries to contact Jiyong numbers.

“Why? What happen?” Sooyoung asked confused.

Tiffany also looks at both of them with curious.

“My chief appa, Mr. Kwon... got heart attack again but this time... there is no chance for him to get better...” Yuri replied sorrowful.

“Oh…that sad…” Tiffany replied.

“Did you get him?” Yuri asked.

Taeyeon shakes her head when she can’t reach Jiyong.

“I think I should go…” Taeyeon said while she gets her bag.

“Yah… I’m going too…!” Yuri replied before she went to follow Taeyeon.

After both of them left, Tiffany and Sooyoung look at each other.

“So... it's just us again?” Tiffany asked.

“It seems so” Sooyoung replied.

 

 

BUSAN

MR. KWON FUNERAL

 

Taeyeon and Yuri arrive at the night in Busan. After they landed, they received the news about Mr. Kwon passed away. Dami inform them the place for the funeral, and then they changed their clothes at hotel before went to the funeral.

When both of them arrive, they saw a lot of Mr. Kwon friends come to give their last farewell.

“Wow… chief family really not ordinary. Look at their close acquaintance... looks what they're wearing...” Yuri mutters slowly to Taeyeon.

“That's because chief appa is the hotel owner... they're all his business friends.” Taeyeon replied slowly.

“Really? Oh God… I never think that way…” Yuri said while looking around.

Suddenly, Taeyeon saw Jiyong presence in the funeral hal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter