getting further

Oh My Beloved...!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After done eating, both of them celebrate the New Year Eve with wine. They sat on the couch, facing each other while chatting about each other works.

Right at midnight, the light of fireworks can be seen from the window of Jiyong's house.

“Wow… it’s firework!” Taeyeon said excitedly after she saw it from the window.

Jiyong continue staring at Taeyeon while she's focusing on the fireworks. For a moment, Jiyong felt warm to have someone to celebrate New Year with him. Most of the time, he will be so busy that he will not have time to celebrate any festival. But now, to have Taeyeon beside him, he knew he's not alone. He's desire to celebrate all the festival with her.

“Do you want to know? My late appa, he's used to take me and my siblings to watch the fireworks during the New Year. Every year... never missed. But, after he has gone... I don't remember...when the last time I saw the fireworks were.” Suddenly Taeyeon open her story about her late father.

Jiyong look at her silently after she said that.

“But now... I'm happy to get to see it again here... from your house...” Taeyeon continue with smiles while she looking at Jiyong.

“You're lucky to get those memories from him...” Jiyong said before he sips his drink.

“Don’t you have one? Your appa doesn't take you anywhere?” Taeyeon asked curious.

Jiyong shakes his head before he slowly says

“He never had time for me... once, he promised to attend my sports day... but he never showed up... he works hard for our family, but his time with us is very little...because of that, I never expect anything from him...”

Taeyeon look at him with sad. She never thought that Jiyong had such a memory with his father.

“Is that why you are not close to your parents?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Jiyong smirk slightly before he nodded.

“Before that, it wasn't as bad as this. They were angry when they found out I applied to be a pilot. Appa hits me and says I am not his son. After that, I was determined and continued my dream of becoming a pilot.” Jiyong replied with honest.

“You struggle so much... now I can see why you're determined with that captain training.” Taeyeon said after she’s understand him more.

“Yup... I have to prove to them that I'm not wrong to choose this as my career...” Jiyong replied before he sips his drink to cover his emotion.

Taeyeon continue staring at him after he said that. After that, she's start to understand why Jiyong doesn't want to get into serious relationship. He wants to focus on his dream and from now, she wanted to be the person that supports him. She can put her feelings aside, as long she's there for Jiyong. Out of nowhere, her hand went to Jiyong hair softly. Inside her feel sympathy after Jiyong spill that to her.

“Don't worry... you will always be their pride.” Taeyeon said to comfort him.

Jiyong startled with Taeyeon sudden reaction. However, he's felt happy when she does that. Jiyong smiling after she said that.

“So… when will you go for that training?” Taeyeon continue asked while stop her his hair.

“The schedule still not out, but usually in April or May.” Jiyong replied.

“So... we still have 4 or 5 months before you leave...” Taeyeon said slowly.

“Well... I’m still here for six months before they send me to other place.” Jiyong replied.

“Can we meet during your training?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

Jiyong lift his eyebrows after she asked that.

“Why? You want to see me? Didn't you say before about that line... did the line is already disappeared...?” Jiyong asked teasingly.

Taeyeon pout after he mentions that. Jiyong chuckles after see her reaction.

“Don't say that... I already put it away...” Taeyeon said try to cover her shame.

Jiyong smiles, but then he feels his phone buzzed. He takes out his phone and saw an incoming message from Soohyuk.

 

Did you find her? Is she with you? – Soohyuk

 

The truth, after Taeyeon leave the karaoke place, Soohyuk is texting Jiyong to let him know about their relation and ask him to pick up her. However, after he got the message, Jiyong hesitated. It's because he knew how hurt Soohyuk after let go Taeyeon. While he's hesitated, suddenly Taeyeon numbers appear on his screen, without hesitation he pick up the call and hear Taeyeon crying voice.

 

Yes, she’s with me – Jiyong

Good… is she okay? – Soohyuk

 

Jiyong look at Taeyeon beside him and saw her sipping her drink while looking at the night scenery.

 

Yeah… - Jiyong

Great… thank you. – Soohyuk

Don’t be – Jiyong

 

“Who's that? Is someone special wishing you new year?” Taeyeon asked teasingly when she saw Jiyong is texting someone.

“Well…” Jiyong replied but he didn’t continue his words.

“Can I ask you something?” suddenly Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong nodded while looking at her.

“Have you ever been in a serious relationship? I mean... have you fallen in love with someone?” Taeyeon asked curious.

“So sudden?” Jiyong asked while chuckles.

“Just answer me…” Taeyeon said in serious tone.

“Arasso…. Hurm.. well… serious relationship… I think during my college, second semester... that junior come and confess her feelings. We go out for two weeks before we're agreed to be coupled.” Jiyong replied while try to remember.

“Wow… How long the relationship lasts?” Taeyeon continue asked with interested.

“Hurm… It lasted until my final semester. After that, both of us are busy with the study and...End” Jiyong replied.

“You really love her, don't you?” Taeyeon asked while staring at Jiyong.

“Hurm… at that time... yeah...” Jiyong replied.

“That's the fact... how much you love someone, if destiny is not with you...you will not be with her. It's hurt, but still...reality.” Taeyeon said while her eyes focusing on the glass in her hand.

Jiyong look at her deeply after she said that.

“What about you? You had someone too? ” Jiyong asked.

“What do you think?” Taeyeon asked back while smirks.

Jiyong lift up his eyebrows after she asked that.

“Hurm… I think… you had a lot of admirers... but no one dare to confess to you, because you're so in deep love with your works... and arts... and books... I can swear that your first love is art books.” Jiyong said to give his thought.

Taeyeon laughing after Jiyong said that.

“Half right, half wrong... and my first love is not art books.” Taeyeon said while chuckles.

“Oh… Okey… so, which one is right?” Jiyong asked curious.

“The part I deep in love with my works, arts, books...” Taeyeon replied while smiling.

“So… you're saying that you had no admirer? That's nonsense... you're beautiful, there must be many men who like you...” Jiyong said while shake his head.

“So you admit I’m beautiful?” Taeyeon asked jokingly.

However, Jiyong is silent after she asked that.

“Hey, I’m just joking…” Taeyeon continue after Jiyong didn’t say anything.

“No… it's not a joke. You're really gorgeous... but your personality makes it more beautiful.” Suddenly Jiyong said with serious tone.

Taeyeon startled with Jiyong sudden compliment. Both of them look at each other without saying anything.

“Yah…! Don't say that with serious face, it's cringe!” Taeyeon said to break the silent.

After that, Taeyeon chuckles awkwardly try to cover her heartbeat that suddenly beat hard after Jiyong compliment her. Meanwhile, Jiyong just smirks slightly while his eyes continue staring at her.

 

 

NEXT DAY

 

New Year morning, Jiyong open his eyes and noticed he's sleeping on the couch, in a sitting position whole night. More surprising, he saw Taeyeon head is lie on his lap comfortably.

As he remembers, both of them are chatting until late at night. He did not realize when he fell asleep. Jiyong rub his face softly and then his eyes stuck at Taeyeon sleeping face on his lap. Jiyong move his hand slowly before he touched her hair. Jiyong is smiling while staring at her.

Suddenly, he saw the clock, and it shows it's almost 10 am. He just remembered that he had to send a report to his captain before evening. After that, Jiyong hold Taeyeon head slowly before he took the cushion and put it under her head gently. After he makes sure Taeyeon still in her sleep, Jiyong hurriedly went to refresh himself before he leaves.

After he got himself ready to leave, Jiyong saw Taeyeon is still in deep sleep. Jiyong went to crouching beside the couch and stares at her silently.

“She’s so cute…” Jiyong mutter slowly.

Afterward, Jiyong take out his purse and took out some cash for Taeyeon to use. Then, he wrote a note for her before he put it with the cash.

“See you later...” Jiyong said whispering.

His hand hesitates to touch her cheek, but in the end, he just left without disturbing her.

A few minutes after Jiyong left, Taeyeon started to wake up when her phone rang. She's blinking her eyes while stretching her hands. She's frown after she saw unfamiliar place around her. Then, she remembered that last night she's fell asleep at Jiyong apartment. She looks around to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter