the stranger

Oh My Beloved...!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JEONJU

KIM GUESTHOUSE

 

Mrs. Kim cut the fruits before she put it on the tray. After that, she takes the tray with her toward the front porch, where her friends already wait for her.

“Here…here the fruits for all…” Mrs. Kim said while put the tray in the middle.

“Yah~ this is so refreshing…,” one of her friend said after she saw the watermelon.

“Unnie, should we have some drink for this?” the other one asked while smirks.

“Arasso… I’ll go get it… what do you want? Soda?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“That’s will be great…” her friend replied with nodded.

Then, Mrs. Kim goes back into the kitchen to get them the drinks.

“Aigoo… I’m really jealous with unnie life. After her husband pass away, she insists on continuing to take over this guesthouse.” Her friend said while munches the fruits.

“You know her... this is the only one thing that her husband left for her and the kids.” The other one replied.

“Still… I envy her…” she replied.

“Yah... how come you envy me if you have good daughter as a doctor...” suddenly Mrs. Kim interrupt them while bring the drinks.

“Hurm… that’s great to have a daughter as a doctor… but she had no time to visit me here...” her friend replied sadly.

“Same goes to me. Did you see my daughter have time to come here? Even she's not a doctor...” Mrs. Kim said to comfort her friend.

“Unnie, at least you have Jiwoong here. Look at him... he's graduate and have a lot of opportunity to work in Seoul... but he chooses to accompany you here and help with the guesthouse.” She replied.

“Hurm… that boy… I don't understand what his thinking. I always support him to go chase his dream... but he doesn't listen to me...” Mrs. Kim said with upset.

“Unnie, you should be thankful to let him stay beside you… if he also left, who's going to take care of you here?” her friend asked.

Mrs. Kim just sighs without replying.

Suddenly, one of her friends phone buzzing, sign an incoming message.

“Omo…omo… look here… my grandson dances” she said happily.

Mrs. Kim and the other one look into the phone with smiles.

“Before this, he used to perform for his school. He keep dancing and singing whenever I call him… such a cutie…,” she said while looking at the phone.

“He’s so cute. I also have something to show. My newborn granddaughter.” The other one said while take out her phone.

“OMO…! She’s so adorable… look at her cheeks… so cute” Mrs. Kim said while smiling.

“Isn't? I will visit her this weekend. Argh... I can't wait... before this, my daughter sends me the picture she’s smiling.” her friend replied smiling.

Mrs. Kim stares at both of her friends silently before she says

“I wish I can have my own grandchild.”

“Unnie, don’t worry. The time will come. Why don’t you ask Jiwoong to get married?” her friend asked.

“He said that his girlfriend want to finish her study before they're agreeing to marry.” Mrs. Kim replied sadly.

“What about Taeyeon?” she asked curious.

Mrs. Kim sighs and then she sadly says

“Hmm... that girl... her life devoted to that gallery. She never had time to think about marriage.”

Mrs. Kim friend are silent after she said that. Suddenly, one of them says

“Why don't you set up a blind date for her? The truth, I also did this for my daughter. You know she's always busy with her surgery. So, I ask one of her friend to help me to arrange the blind date for her. Now... look... I got a newborn granddaughter.”

She chuckles after said that.

“Really? You do that?” Mrs. Kim asked surprised.

Her friend nodded to answer her.

“It's that necessary? You think Taeyeon is same with your daughter?” the other friend asked uneasy.

“At least, we’re trying… or unnie will never get to see her grandchild.” She replied.

Mrs. Kim is silent for a while after the conversation.

“Unnie, you don’t have to think too much… I'm just saying this to help you. Besides, Taeyeon is a wonderful girl. I know she's going to get a better man for her. ” her friend said.

“I just want her to be happy…” Mrs. Kim replied slowly.

“We know… after all, we never understand what kind of young people thinking...,” her friends said while nodded.

 

 

SEOUL

INCHEON AIRPORT

 

Jiyong attend the flight briefing before their flight journey. The officer explains about the weather review and the plane condition to make sure the safety. After that, he's meeting with the crew members for this time trip.

“Jiyong, I hope I can trust you with this trip,” the captain said.

“Capt., you know you always have me. Besides, we already go there few times.” Jiyong replied with smiles.

“Yeah… oh, did you see the latest schedule? I really hope you can be my assistant for all trip,” the captain said.

“Yeah… I think we still have same trip in another two weeks,” Jiyong replied.

“That’s great.” The captain said.

“Excuses me, captain. We need you for the safety check” suddenly the officer said to interrupt them.

The captain nodded before he leaves there.

Suddenly, Jiyong best friends, Lee Soo Hyuk come to approach him. For that trip, Soohyuk become one of the stewards.

“Oh, we’re in the same trip this time?” Jiyong asked after he saw him.

“Yes… but…” Soohyuk pause his words for a while.

Jiyong start to feel uneasy after Soohyuk look at him with puppy eyes.

“No…No… don’t give me those eyes…” Jiyong said while walks away from him.

“Jiyong… please…I have no one to ask except you…” Soohyuk replied while chase him.

Jiyong stop his steps before turn to face him.

“What do you want? Money? Here… I can give you,” Jiyong said while he takes out his wallet.

“Nope… I want you help me with my mother…” Soohyuk replied with hope.

“Argh…. No way. I don’t want to lie imo anymore. You should listen to your omma, Soohyuk” Jiyong said with uneasy.

“Bro, she forced me to quit this job... can't you persuade her more?” Soohyuk asked while hold Jiyong hand.

“I already told you before. If you want to stay in this job, prove it to her that you're serious with this... not just playing around with the stewardess. How comes she’s believed you if you keep bringing different women to meet her? Aigoo.... don't drag me with this anymore.” Jiyong replied with upset.

“Hey! Aren't we same? You also go out with different women...” Soohyuk said try to defend himself.

Jiyong chuckles before he says

“But my parent doesn’t care as your omma... Besides, they're my friend. I didn't play with their heart.”

Soohyuk pout after Jiyong said that.

“Look here... I already help you to get this job and I believe you can do this better. Bro, we're friend for many years... you can ask me anything but not to drag me into your family matter. You are her son, I know you can persuade her... arasso?” Jiyong asked try to convince him.

Soohyuk nodded before he slowly reply

“Arasso…”

Jiyong chuckles slowly before he pats Soohyuk shoulder and then went to get ready for the flight.

 

 

BOOKS ART GALLERY

 

Taeyeon knock the director office door before she enters.

“Chief, this the final draft before we can proceed buying the book.” Taeyeon said while hand out the document.

“Hurm… I think this fine. So, are you going there alone?” the chief asked.

“As usual... no one wants to travel during festival except me.” Taeyeon replied with gloomy face.

The chief chuckles after Taeyeon said that.

“That because you're the one keep volunteering... aren't you?” the chief asked while chuckles.

Taeyeon smirks with guilty after the chief asked that.

“Well... they have family to visit and so on... for me, my omma already busy with the guesthouse during the festival.” Taeyeon replied.

“Oh… how’s the guesthouse running? Everything is okay?” the chief asked.

“Yeah… don’t worry. Everything is fine. Besides, my older brother is there to help omma…” Taeyeon replied.

“I always want to visit there, but you know… we don’t have so much time for that…,” the chief said sadly.

“Don’t worry, chief. This year trip, I’ll plan for us to visit the guesthouse!” Taeyeon replied excitedly.

“You mean the staff trip?” the chief asked.

Taeyeon nodded with smiles.

“Awesome…! Get ready the proposal… Hurm… I should bring my husband too,” the chief said.

“Great…so, if you don’t have anything… can I continue my work?” Taeyeon asked.

“Sure…oh by the way, when will you go?” the chief asked.

“Tomorrow… ”Taeyeon replied shortly.

“Hurm…. Ok. Have a nice journey,” the chief said with smiles.

Taeyeon nodded before she walks away from the office.

“You’re going tomorrow, right?” suddenly Yuri, one of her friend her coworker, asked after her out.

“Ah…! Yah! You startled me!” Taeyeon said while pat Yuri arm.

Yuri chuckles after she saw Taeyeon face.

“Hey, answer me… are you going tomorrow?” Yuri continues asked while Taeyeon walks away from there.

“Yes… why?” Taeyeon asked while walking to her office.

“Can I ask you something before you go?” Yuri asked.

“What?” Taeyeon asked back curious.

“You will go to Shanghai, right? Can you buy me mountain ginseng tea?” Yuri asked while holding her hand.

Taeyeon narrow her eyes before she ask

“Don't we have that tea in here?”

“No we don’t… ” Yuri replied.

“No, we have here…” Taeyeon said.

“That’s not mountain ginseng….” Yuri replied.

“Does it matter?” Taeyeon asked while frown.

“The taste it’s different…” Yuri said try to explain.

“Yah, Yuri-ya… I can’t understand you. Why you keep asking me to buy you weird stuff every time I'm travelling…” Taeyeon asked curious.

“Hey, that's my way to treat myself. I want to keep health...” Yuri replied while pat her chest.

Taeyeon shake her head after Yuri said that. Then, she continue to open her office door but she stop and says

“Arasso... I'll buy it for you... but you have to help me send some stuff to my omma for the festival.”

“Deal…!” Yuri replied excitedly.

Taeyeon shake her head before she enters the office with smiles.

 

 

ONE WEEK LATER

SEOUL

INCHEON AIRPORT

 

“Jiyong… Jiyong…!”

Jiyong turn around when he heard someone one called his name. Then, he saw Youngbae the airport officer his best friend is waving his hand toward him. Jiyong wave back his hand to him while waiting for him to arrive.

“Bro… long time no see… just landed?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong nodded before he reply

“How are you? How's your wife?”

“Everything is fantastic… We're ready to welcome our baby anytime...” Youngbae said happily.

“Oh really? How long we didn't meet? How come you already want to become a father?” Jiyong asked with surprised.

“That's proof your busy life at the sky more than land...it's been half a year you didn't visit us. Come to my house tonight. We can have a drink together.” Youngbae replied while smiling.

“Hurm… sure. Besides, Seunghyun hyung ask me to meet him. We can meet together…” Jiyong said.

“Okay, I’ll tell my wife. Don’t forget to call Daesung too. That’s boy is always spend his time at Japan lately. I hope he's fine.” Youngbae replied.

Suddenly, both of them hear noise at the helpdesk counter. They saw a girl is arguing something with one of the helpdesk staff.

“What is going on there…?” Youngbae mutter.

Jiyong saw the small girl with her denim jacket write peace at the back. He can't see her face clearly because of her bucket hat covering half of her face.

“Sorry, Jiyong. I need to handle this… so, see you tonight,” Youngbae said.

“Yeah….yea…” Jiyong replied while he saw Youngbae walks toward the counter.

Jiyong continue walking while drag his bag to go get his car. While he's walking passing the counter, he can hear the girl keep saying the things is important to her. However, Jiyong just walks pass without interested to the scene. At that time, what he's want just some rest after long journey.

 

“Miss, please calm down. We know that a thing is important but you have to trust us. Let me check the CCTV…” Youngbae said try to comfort the girl.

“Please… do anything to get back those things. You know how important that things to the gallery. Besides, I already ask your crew to take care of it,” Taeyeon said with upset.

“Arasso… we understand. We’re apologies behalf of them. Can you follow me to the office, meanwhile my coworker try to trace the things.”Youngbae said politely.

Taeyeon nodded before she follows Youngbae to the office.

“I hope you can find it, Mr. That’s thing is same as my life. If I don’t bring it back, I’ll lose my job…” Taeyeon continue say with worried.

“I understand. Please, calm down, Miss. We try to help you” Youngbae sad keep continue to comfort her.

 

 

AT NIGHT

YOUNGBAE APARTMENT

 

Jiyong and Daesung arrive at the same time at the apartment. Both of them ride the elevator together while carrying some gift for Youngbae and his wife.

“Hyung, what did you bring?” Daesung asked.

“Something for them can used… and you? Wine? You think noona can drink during her pregnant?” Jiyong asked while shake his head.

“Hyung, this is for us… for her it’s this…” Daesung said while take out something from his pocket.

“Nice play…” Jiyong replied while lift his eyebrows.

“I’m clever boy…” Daesung said proudly.

Moment later, they’re arrive at the level. Jiyong push the doorbell and moment later, Hyorin open the door for them.

“Omo… you two already here…! Come in. Youngbae will be late today…” Hyorin said while let Jiyong and Daesung enter the apartment.

“He is? Why? Something happen at the airport?” Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter