Playboy

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playboy

Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo had left the room to give some space to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The two needed to talk privately. Kai went up with the other two, but right when they were about to get in Sehun’s room, 110, he stopped. His tall friend unlocked the door and entered the dark area first. He the lights and took off his shoes with a deep sigh. Sehun still felt awful about what had happened in front of the faculty. He wanted to help Xiumin and Tao. Kyungsoo was about to step inside when Kai held tight the handle of his bag and pulled him aside.

“Kyungsoo… do you want me to leave you two… alone?” he asked with a shy smile, “I can go up to Tae’s place…”

His friend tilted his head with a puzzled expression. Then Kyungsoo smiled and bumped his fist onto Kai’s arm.

“Do you want to spend the night at senior Taemin’s place again?” he asked with a smirk.

Kai blushed to the question and quickly shook his head. He told his friend that he wanted to talk to the seniors about Xiumin’s situation with Kris. Maybe they could help them handle the issue with the motorcyclist. Kyungsoo nodded and Sehun stepped next to him. He had put his hands into his pockets and looked at the tanned waiter.

“Aren’t you coming in?” he asked with a blank expression and put his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

Kai shook his head and told him that he would go upstairs. Sehun nodded without further ado. They bumped their fists and Taemin’s boyfriend walked away. Kyungsoo turned around and looked up to the tall student. Sehun lowered his face and stuck out his tongue. He then smiled and softly placed a kiss on the forehead of his boyfriend.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


Kai walked the stairs up slowly. He had wrinkled his forehead and thought about Kris. The motorcyclist made him feel creeped out. The way he talked and looked at him sent a shudder down his spine. The way he was affected by Kai’s smile made the sun-kissed junior feel disgusted. When he finally approached the room 208, he stood still in front of the door and took his phone. He checked the group chat, but there were no messages. Neither Chen nor Xiumin had contacted them, although there was no way that they had not seen all the texts in the university’s chat. Kai breathed in deeply and finally dialed Xiumin’s number. It took five toots for the cat-eyed boy to pick up.

“Hey! Xiumin… Are you…?” Kai wanted to ask with a soft vocalization, but as he realized the silent sob in the voice of his friend, he cut his question short, “Can I come over to your dorm? Uh. I- I want to see you. Alright, I’ll be there in twenty minutes! See you!”

Kai waited for Xiumin to hang up, then he looked back up to the door of the senior’s room. Although they had planned to spend the night together, tonight was not the right time to think of themselves. After what had happened at the gate, Kai could not join his boyfriend. He rather spent the night with his friend in sorrow than with Taemin. At least today. He pouted lightly then he turned away and left the dorm to get to the one, tight across this building, where Xiumin and Chen stayed.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat side by side and remained silent for a while on the couch. The athletic student had calmed down and no longer cried. The skilled pianist had stopped shedding tears in guilt as well. He was sorry. Very regretful for the misunderstanding between them. Baekhyun slowly got up and walked to Kyungsoo’s piano, that musically talented student had brought with him the day he had moved in this room. The blonde junior opened the lid and brushed his fingers over the black and white keys. Then he took a deep breath and pressed them one by one. Baekhyun chose a piece that he had composed by himself, back when he had played the piano with Chanyeol in their freshman year. The athlete looked up and turned his head to his ex-boyfriend. He quickly remembered the piece that Baekhyun played.

“You still know how to play ‘Cry For Love’?” Chanyeol asked and got up from the couch.

He approached Baekhyun and pulled a chair next to him. He joined him and they played together. Chanyeol was skilled with a lot of instruments. He was amazing but like Baekhyun he no longer played music often. As they pressed the keys, sitting next to each other, they both wanted to go for the same key and their fingers suddenly touched. Baekhyun quickly clenched his lips and turned his face to the playful boy. Chanyeol though, instantly pulled away his hand and formed them to firm fists on his lap. He felt uneasy by the unexpected touch. Baekhyun bit his lower lip and kept his eyes on Chanyeol’s face, who stared at the keys in front of him in silence.

“Chan… I…” the skilled pianist said and lifted his hand to touch the right cheek of the playful junior.

Chanyeol closed his eyes as his ex-boyfriend placed his palm on his cheek and turned his head to be able to look him in the face. The athlete gulped with his eyes shut, the corners welled up with teardrops, and he still kept them closed. His heart was broken as he was misunderstood, because Baekhyun had not trusted him.

“Chanyeol… I did you wrong… I- I’m sorry…” the skilled pianist apologized and placed his second hand on the other cheek of his ex-boyfriend, “I had no idea about the burden on your shoulders… I should have trusted you… Your love… I- I did you unjust… I’m really sorry…”

The misunderstood junior slightly nodded and finally opened his eyes. They still shimmered wet. He sniffed and clenched his lips sadly. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked into each other’s eyes without further words. Then the skilled pianist carefully wrapped his arms around Chanyeol. He hugged him in silence. The playful boy buried his face in Baekhyun’s shoulder and finally lifted his hands to respond to the hug. They sat there at the piano, embracing each other without a word.

“K- Kris… I thought of him as a good friend…” Chanyeol whispered into his shoulder, “But then Tao told me about him… and Xiumin confirmed it… My world was shattered… I was hurt but more than that… I was disgusted by him… I was disgusted by myself for ever liking- liking someone like Kris. Having a crush on a heartless person... I am such a fool.”

Baekhyun caressed his back quietly as his ex-boyfriend told him repeatedly about what had happened two years ago. Hour after hour, Chanyeol recalled what had occurred in the past. Baekhyun realized quickly that the always happy, protective and strong athlete was slightly traumatized and hurt by the secret of Xiumin. This was a moment where he saw, that Chanyeol had a soft core. The skilled pianist could not imagine how bad of in a state the cat eyed-boy must have been these years. Xiumin always seemed happy and none of the boys would have ever guessed that something like this had happened to their friend.

After a while Chanyeol pulled away from the hug and Baekhyun let go of him. The skilled pianist turned to the piano and got back on playing another piece. He went with ‘My Answer’, which he had used to perform for Chanyeol back when they attended music lessons together. He had shown this one to Jonghyun months ago. The playful boy suddenly smiled to the melody as he could recall it too. He felt a little better. Then without thinking too much, he held Baekhyun’s hand and made him stop playing.

“Baek… I told you… that If you love someone… You love someone. That you can’t change the way your heart feels in a sudden…” Chanyeol reminded him of his words before their breakup, “I meant that I loved you… and since I loved you… there was no way that I would change the way my heart felt about you because of Kris’s return, whom I haven’t seen for over two years…”

The blonde pianist lowered his head in silence. Just like Sehun had said, Chanyeol had not referred to his feelings for Kris. He had actually talked about his love for Baekhyun. But to Baekhyun’s defense, the athlete could have been accurate with his words. But as Chanyeol felt pressured by not letting anyone know about Xiumin’s secret by that time, he could not talk with a clear mind back then. His head was all spinning that morning when they had broken up.

Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun’s hand.

“Baek… I really… really liked- I love you…” he corrected his own words as he talked to the skilled pianist, “But… if you don’t trust in me… I don’t think it makes sense for us to go on… Let’s stay friends instead... at least until you can sincerely trust me...”

Baekhyun’s throat tightened, he swallowed dry and nodded lightly with a heart in his chest, that broke into thousands of pieces.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


One week had passed since the fight in front of the faculty. Kai had returned home about three days ago. Jungah had hugged him so tight that she nearly made him faint because he could not breathe well. She had missed her little brother so much and had been worried the past few days about him. Onew had asked the sun-kissed junior if it was okay for him to move in and Kai, of course, had nodded with a cute smile. Onew already spent most of his days at their place, thus it would make no difference. There was his toothbrush, his shampoo and other stuff in the shared bathroom already. Also, he no longer borrowed Kai’s pajamas because he had left his own stuff in Jungah’s room weeks ago. Kai wanted the best for his sister and if that meant that the clumsy senior would live with them, Kai would totally be fine with it. But there was still an issue that they had not cleared yet. Neither Jungah nor Onew had told the sun-kissed junior about their baby yet.

꧁༺ ༻꧂


It was Saturday, and they ate breakfast together. They needed to hurry because the café should be opened around eight o’clock. Onew would help too, since he did not want his girlfriend to overwork herself, now that she was pregnant.

“Jongin, could you check the delivery first?” Jungah asked her little brother, “We need to make sure that the amount of the delivered cups is correct!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter