Jihoon -1, Jieun - 0

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon

“Let’s take ten!” Jihoon announced, which sent a sigh of relief across the practice room.

Everyone was covered in sweat, and the atmosphere felt a little more intense when Jihoon asked Jieun and the dancers to repeat Rainism three times. He didn’t exactly point out the fact that it was Jieun who needed to catch up, but everyone felt it from the way his eyes bore holes on Jieun.  

They were having their first break after three hours of practicing. So far they’ve covered only the first four songs, with Jieun’s solo on Rainism still needing a lot of work.

With a deep sigh, Jihoon sat cross-legged on the floor, dabbing his face with a towel.

He looked at Jieun and her team – especially the new girl. He’s noticed how it seemed like she was watching him, but was trying to not get caught. It’s strange because she has that glazed over look in her eyes that he’s only seen when he’s performing in front of this most loyal fans. He thought it was highly unlikely for a fan of his to be part of Jieun’s team given their “differences”. At the moment, she’s talking to Jieun and her body language told him that she’s comforting the rather sullen Jieun.

In all honesty, he thought Jieun would be a little better than this. But she’s not. In a way, it was fun to see her try to keep up and fail, but three hours later, it felt like a mistake to go with the choreography that he wanted. It felt too difficult for Jieun to learn in the amount of time they’ve been given. If they want to release the album, attend music shows and do the showcase according to the schedule, everything has to be perfect in two months’ time.

Two months…and it feels like Jieun needs a year to get everything right.

Maybe it’s time to re-assess their options after the day if Jieun still has not improved.

Trying to keep himself calm, he took his mind off of the big task ahead, and grabbed his phone from his bag.

His thoughts drifted towards Taehee. She’s been too busy with her drama and he missed her so much. Not to mention his failed attempt to surprise her with a proposal – he still has to plan that again. Pushing those thoughts aside, he sent her a text, asking if he can drop by her house this evening. After staring at his phone for five minutes without receiving a reply, he stood up and prepared to get back to practice.

--

Jihoon closed his eyes and massaged his temples with both hands. He had to look away from the awful dancing in front of him to prevent himself from getting angry. He can’t believe Jieu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter