Winging It

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dispatch Korea [EXCLUSIVE!]

From reel to real: Rain and IU are dating!

Reporter: Kim Sun Gyu

Rain (비) (35), and IU (25) who have been working together for the most part of 2017 for their groundbreaking collaborative album, Duality, is seen to be spending a lot of personal time together. Our correspondents have seen the two having sweet moments in London after their concert, relaxing at the Ordsall hall cafe, and taking a stroll around the manor’s grounds.

Rain and IU were mostly seen spending time at each other’s houses, but they are also seen taking trips to the countryside every now and then. The photos below clearly show that they are not just mere coworkers or friends, but also lovers!

Earlier this year, news of Rain parting ways with long term girlfriend Kim Taehee shook the entertainment industry and there is speculation that this new romance could’ve been the reason for the power couple’s breakup.

This is a developing story and updates will be given once new information and confirmation from RAIN Company and LOEN Entertainment is received.

What do you think about this unexpected pairing? Share your thoughts on the comments below!

 

Comments (28763465468276)

88Han****

Come on it’s been so obvious since five months ago…am I the only one who isn’t surprised?? The between them can light up our entire neighborhood ㅋㅋㅋ

Janu****

They look good together, but if it’s true that Bi oppa and Taehee unnie broke up because of IU, I don’t think I’d want to support them.

Yang****

Who dares to take Taehee’s man away from her?? THE AUDACITY???!!! I’M SO INVESTED IN THIS!

Gu29*****

And it’s funny too that Dispatch chose to release this on the day of the SMAs ㅋㅋㅋ. Honestly, if I had to see Bi oppa everyday, I would steal him away too. Those abs and that cute face are enough reason ㅋㅋㅋ

Sun*****

Omooo I think they are truly dating…those photos say enough…like…they’re like the annoying lovey-dovey couple who just started dating. I feel bad for Kim Taehee. And boo, Jung Jihoon – really someone 10 years younger???? Go date someone your own age!

Koo*****

I hate IU already. Rain and Kim Taehee was so perfect together T_T

Uae****

Why are people so mean? We don’t have all the information at the moment, and remember we’re just fans looking from the outside in. All I see are judgemental people smh

By the time that the SMAs started, Rain, IU and Kim Taehee were the most searched keywords on naver and on every social media site in korea and 50 other countries all over the world.

****

Jieun massaged her temple as she took a steadying breath. She can see Seoyoon’s uncomfortable facial expression, which she was so obviously trying to hide.

“I think this is okay, Sooyeon.” She offered a smile, which Sooyeon returned albeit awkwardly.

“I left the accessories on the dresser, are you sure you can do the rest?”

“Yes.”

Seoyoon offered another awkward smile before leaving. When she was finally alone, she immediately dialled Jihoon’s number.

“Oppa…”

She heard him sigh on the other line. Both of them were caught off guard by the news especially since it was released on the same day as the SMAs. People have been calling their managers non-stop, but they both declined to say anything until they’ve talked it out.

Their short visit to Busan seemed like a dream now; she didn’t expect that she’d be met with more stress when in Seoul, especially since meeting Jihoon’s father was not exactly a walk in the park. But then, she actually enjoyed herself, babysitting Somi with Jihoon and cooking with Hana. It was like a mini vacation, probably life preparing her for what is to come.

“Jagi, I’m prepared to say everything is true and that we’ve been dating for almost six months…I can also talk to Taehee about these allegations about our breakup..”

She thought hard about it. It’s the standard course of action for things like this but something about it makes her feel tired. It’s tiring to have to “address” things about your personal life as if it’s for everyone’s consumption.

“Jagi, are you there? Do you need me to come pick you up? We can go together..”

There was tension and anxiety in Jihoon’s voice and all she wanted to do was give him a reassuring hug. If only they could ditch the awards show, she’d rather just watch a movie with him and his dogs.

“I’m here…” She sighed. “Just..thinking. What if we don’t say anything?”

“You mean, just ignore it?”

“Yeah..I don’t really care what they write about us…as long as we know what’s the truth I’m okay with that.”

There was a shuffling sound on the other line, probably Jihoon pacing, followed by a scoff.

“Are you sure? Because I really don’t like what they said about you. And the comments..”

She managed to laugh when Jihoon growled in frustration. It’s clear to her that the comments about her is getting to him and the usual protective oppa is taking over.

“I’m sure..” She pressed the request for video chat button. Initially she didn’t want to see him get all worried, but she might need to show him that she’s fine, maybe not 100%, but she can handle it. “..I can handle it, oppa.”

When Jihoon appeared on her screen, her brain instantly registered how good he looked in his tux, almost forgetting that they have something to worry about. A crease was formed between his eyebrows and he looked agitated, but when his face saw hers, his eyes softened.

There was a short silence before he finally said “okay”, the hesitation still obvious in his voice.

“You look handsome.” She said with a smile, trying to ease up the tension Jihoon was feeling.

“I have to look my best..” He said, his eyes appraising her. Her phone was set on her dresser, allowing a view of her upper body. She can tell that he liked what he’s seeing. “..if I have to stand beside you all night, looking like that.”

She rolled her eyes, trying to deflect Jihoon’s flattery.

“Now I’m seriously thinking about announcing that you’re off limits.” He said, smirking.

“Is there something wrong with my dress?”

She saw him shake his head, adding that the dress looked absolutely perfect on her, but that he’d probably want to wring necks of all the men who’ll be oogling her all night. She knew exactly what he’s talking about – the dress is something daring, ier than what she’s used to, thanks to Seoyoon who helped her choose a new one. When she saw Hanee’s dress for the evening, her competitive side suddenly came alive. She didn’t want to look like the hoobae next to Jihoon, she wanted to dress the part of the girlfriend, and this dress did just that. It was a little black side cutout dress that has a heart-shaped neckline, showing some skin but leaving enough for the imagination. And she can tell from Jihoon’s reaction that he is imagining a lot of things at the moment.

“Oppa, focus!” She chuckled.

“It’s hard!” Jihoon palmed his face, laughing. “Arasso..i’m behaving. So we’re sure? We’re not saying anything?”

“I’m sure..”

“Alright, I guess that decides it. See you there, call me if something’s up, arasso?”

That worried look came back.

“Aigoo, I will. Don’t worry too much.”

She blew him a kiss before hanging up, feeling better.

I guess we’re winging it.

****

Jihoon walked briskly on the red carpet offering a small smile to the photographers, though inwardly wishing that the media wouldn’t be on his tail too much. Of course that is not the case. The same questions were asked:

Do you have any comment on the photos released by Dispatch?

How long have you been dating IU?

What was Kim Taehee’s reaction about this?

He did the same thing, over and over: smile and wave without saying a word. There was a particular correspondent from Naver News who sounded extremely agitated by his lack of response and it took all of his self-control to not turnaround and give him a piece of his mind.

The entire night felt like time stood still, probably from the fact that he’s just waiting for the entire event to end, not to mention the certainty that cameras are on the ready to capture all his facial expressions, with the media itching to interpret them as if they knew exactly what was running through his head.

Drumming his fingers on the arms of his seat, his gaze fell on the other side of the room where Jieun was seated, looking calm and collected. He can see the looks people gave them, and everytime someone gives Jieun a stink eye or a demeaning look, he’d feel a surge of annoyance. All he wanted to do was take her out of this place, go home and cook her something delicious. He somehow felt responsible for dragging her through this, knowing that his situation wasn’t very sunny even before they started dating.

Then the time for their stage finally arrived. He felt nervous but when he saw Jieun beaming, beside him backstage, he felt somehow at ease.

“You don’t look worried, jagi.” He whispered in her ear as they took the steps towards the stage.

“I don’t have to be…because I’m sure about the important things” She smiled reassuringly, grabbing his hand and giving it a squueze.”..the rest are irrelevant.” The loving look on her face sent a wave of warmth all over him.

Again, how did he get so lucky?

The entir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter