Growing Pains

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The PD told them that they can start whenever they’re ready.

It’s been two days since they returned to Korea and the support and welcome of their local fans was so overwhelming to the point that they felt it was just right to give something back. A message or a video of them singing something the fans wanted..anything. Jieun knew that Jihoon felt the same way. She glanced at him while he was busy giving the PD some directions. When she caught his eye, he gave her one of those megawatt smiles that reaches his eyes and her heart gave a little somersault.

Jieun can tell that he’s still riding on the bliss of being relatively free to date when they were touring and the warmth of the fans was the cherry on top of the cake.

“Let’s start?” He asked, that smile never leaving his face.

She grinned and nodded her head.

They both faced the camera and greeted their fans, thanking them for their overwhelming response and support.

“So, Jieun, which song did our fans want to hear from us?”

“Guess.” She and he obliged. Of course he would, he likes silly stuff like bets, which Jieun  found very cute and endearing.

“Hmm…Rainism?”

“Jinja?? That’s your guess?”

Jihoon was chuckling when he said he was kidding, which earned him a soft kick on the shin.

“I don’t know…is it a slow song?”

“Yes.”

“Did I write it?”

“Hopefully not.” She replied cheekily. There was a small pout that was beginning to form on Jihoon’s lips. It was so cute, Jieun had to restrain herself from giving him a peck on the lips. “Aigoo..oppa, it’s a joke!”

“Fine, if you say so.” He replied, feigning a side eye.

“Gosh you’re such a bad sport..fine I’ll just tell you which song. It’s Hi Spring Bye.”

“Oh…I didn’t expect that. I was going to say Last Fantasy because it’s our most talked about performance.”

Jieun replied with a thoughtful nod. It still comes as a surprise that fans and even casual listeners who attended their concert talked so much about their Last Fantasy stages to the point of making it trend after every show. There were mixed reasons, but most of them talked about how the song ended the concert’s storyline in a melancholic note, but another group discussed their chemistry onstage. To her at least, she can relate more to the second reason – it makes her cheeks burn just thinking about that lift that they have to do for the song every single time.

During the last leg of their tour, it was impossible not to think about steamy thoughts when they performed Last Fantasy, because the lift puts her in a very vulnerable position: skin to skin with Jihoon in front of thousands of people. It was awkward but also very exciting. Not to mention the way Jihoon makes her feel things just by his mere proximity.

Her train of thoughts which were skirting around dangerous territory was interrupted by a soft nudge from Jihoon.

“Uhh..yeah hehe. I thought so too.” She replied a little too fast, but Jihoon didn’t seem to catch how she spaced out a little.

Jihoon played the piano as they recorded the duet for their fans. The shoot went smoothly and they only did a few more shots for fillers just in case the PD wanted to add more to the final video.

“Good job, guys! You made our lives so much easier. It almost seemed like we were watching two close friends hangout alone. Your chemistry really shows and I bet the fans will love it.” The PD told them, as the shoot was wrapping up.

“Kyaaah..you are so cute together!” The PD’s assistant blurted out, but she stopped when the PD elbowed her.

The PD apologized, but the assistant kept giving them meaningful smiles when she said goodbye before leaving with her team.

***

Double Trouble – The Pair that Shook Korean Music (KBS News Special Segment)

Video Transcript:

After the Duality world tour, Rain and IU has returned to Korea holding the record for the highest concert attendance for a mixed gender duo under their belt. This feat was never before witnessed in kpop – or in korean music in general. As expected, the duo was met with a throng of screaming fans when they arrived at the Incheon International Airport yesterday, mostly Clouds and Uaenas, but even non K-pop fans admit that they’ve been taken by the sheer talent of the two.

Our correspondent wanted to find out, what is it about this duo that made them different?

MC: Hi, that banner is really nice..are you also waiting for Rain and IU to show up?

Fan #1: Yes (looks shyly at the camera)..

MC: How old are you?

Fan #1: Twenty..I’m a little embarrassed because my coworkers will probably see this *hehe*

MC: It’s alright, we’ll just blur your face  if you want to, haha. So..what is it about this duo?

Fan #1: I initially started as Jieun’s fan..she’s an incredible singer. But this pairing came as a surprise, and Bi (Rain) allowed our Jieun to show a mature side of her, and I also noticed how their concert showcased even her acting chops. It was like a play and a concert in one.

MC: Have you attended their concert here in Seoul? (The fan nods enthusiastically). How was it?

Fan #1: Ahh! It exceeded my expectations and more. I can’t even explain it, it was more of an experience than just a concert, you know? It gives me goosebumps just thinking about the two of them closing the show with Last Fantasy.

MC: I heard! Now I feel sad that I didn’t get to watch the concert. Now this last question is quite juicy *chuckles*, what do you think about the rumors of a romance brewing between the two?

Fan #1: Ehhh…I don’t know. Although the chemistry is as clear as day, I can tell you that. Whatever it is, I just wish them both the best in their personal lives.

Jieun turned off the video, not sure how she felt. It’s been a month since they got back but what started as whispers became full blown rumors after their Hi Spring Bye video was posted. This got even worse when the KBS Special was aired. It got so bad that LOEN already asked her what their statement is in case media outlets officially reach out to them for a comment. She didn’t know what to say. All she knows is that she missed living her life in peace – and that is not the case when they got back home.

She stared at the clock – it told her that Jihoon would arrive soon. Her gaze went to the muffins she baked earlier and it made her feel excited despite the actual reason why Jihoon was dropping by. She told him they needed to decide on what to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter