Jaljayo

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun

The sun was starting to rise and her brain still won’t stop working. Tossing to her right, Jieun snuggled closer to one of her pillows and willed herself to sleep. Nevermind that she has no schedule the next day. She just wants her brain to shut up.

But it won’t.

Her mind goes back to the melody that Jihoon was trying to complete just before they left the studio. It was so beautiful but melancholic; the type of song that would pierce through your heart. And she knew this even without the lyrics.

What a bittersweet night.

It was fun how Jihoon seemed a little more relaxed after they grabbed coffee, and after she told him about two out of his three strikes. He was even able to joke around with her, but she knew that he was having a hard time finishing his song for some reason.

Just when her eyes were starting to droop, her phone beeped.

 

Thank you for staying up with me tonight, Jieun. Jalja.

 

It was from Jihoon. Her thumbs hovered over her phone, unsure what to text back. She could just say goodnight, but..honestly, she didn’t want to.

Jieun: Oppa, you’re getting sentimental. They say that happens when you’re getting older. Jaljayo *(^o^)*

She wasn’t expecting for a reply, but her phone beeped.

So what, they’re text friends now?

Jihoon: Ah, a reminder why I used to call you a pest. Btw, I still can’t get over my two strikes. ㅜㅜ

When she saw how he used the crying emoticon, it made her laugh. Trying not to dwell too much on the topic of Jihoon’s strikes, she was racking her brain for another topic. When her phone beeped again, she was startled.

Jihoon: Jieun, why don’t you tell me about my third strike? I’m dying of curiosity here..

Jihoon: *cricket sounds*

Jieun: Oppa, you should sleep!!! =.=

Jihoon: Don’t tell me what to do..just tell me my third strike ^ㅂ^

Jieun: Nope

Jihoon: I’ll grant you one wish, just tell me

Jieun: Sure?

Jihoon: Sure!

Jieun: Ok…

Jieun: My wish…

Jihoon: Aish, don’t be a smartass!

Jieun: is… ^o^

Jihoon: If you’re gonna keep doing that I’m going to call you..

Jieun: :P

Jihoon: I’m not kidding

Jieun was lying on her back, trying not to laugh so loudly when her phone started vibrating. She was so startled that her phone fell from her hand and landed on her stomach. It kept on vibrating but she couldn’t bring herself to answer it.

Why do I feel like a teenager being all shy around someone I like?

Jieun took a pillow and squealed into it. She couldn’t deny it; Jihoon still has that effect on her. He might have a girlfriend, but it’s okay to admire someone from afar. She’s done that with Jihoon from the time she was twelve – she’s pretty much an expert.

Taking a deep breath and steadying her voice, she finally answered.

Jihoon: Yah, I thought you slept!

Jieun: I was thinking about it, hehe.

Jihoon: Just tell me! I won’t feel bad, I promise!

His excited and earnest voice made her giggle.

Jieun: Why are you so curious? It’s not like you can do anything about it.

Jihoon: I don’t know…I guess I just want to talk. I can’t sleep.

Jieun: Oppa, you have to do something about that insomnia.

Jihoon: I know.

Jieun: I heard from Changmo Oppa and Hongshi Oppa that it’s gotten worse.

Jihoon: I know…wait, why are you changing the topic??

Jieun: Because I don’t want to tell you about the third strike. It’s a secret.

Jihoon: You know, when you say that, it makes me even more curious

Jieun: I know, that’s why I’m saying it.hahaha!

She heard him let out an exasperated sigh. It’s so funny how Jihoon is actually a big baby sometimes. But somehow she knows that he just wants someone to talk to. It made her think why he’s talking to her instead of Taehee unnie, or his friends.  But still, she’s glad he decided to call her even if it was meant to be a joke.

Jieun: Oppa…

Jihoon: Hmm?

She sighed, not sure if she should say it, but she decided to just go for it.

Jieun: I’m not sure what’s bothering you, but..you can tell me if you want to.

She could hear him breathing on the other line, but he didn’t say a thing. For a moment she thought he was going to hang up, but he didn’t.

Jihoon: Thank you.

Jieun: I’m not even sure why you’re thanking me

Jihoon: Just, thanks for not probing and just obliging this old man. It’s nice to just talk about nothing.

Jieun: You’re not that old.

Jihoon: You’ve practically treated me as if I’m a fossil so many times

Jieun: When did I ever

Jihoon: You –

Jieun: I kid, I kid. Haha. Sorry, it’s just fun to tease you.

Jihoon: It’s fun to tease you too. And you look funny when you get angry. Your nostrils flare and your face turns into a very deep red - it's practically a tomato. 

Jieun: Okay, Mr. Big Nostrils.

Jihoon: Aish

Jieun: Hahahaha!

Jihoon: Your nostrils flare so widely when you get angry too, do you want me to send you a picture?

Jieun: Huh?

Her phone beeped. Jihoon sent her a photo of her looking very unpleasant – her face was so red, nostrils all flared. It was taken during one of their rehearsals.

Jieun: Wow, I didn’t know you even took photos of me…

Jihoon: I could use it to blackmail you in the future

Jieun: Right

Jihoon: It was from Hyunseung, she always scolds me when I pick on you

Jieun: I knew I have your dancers in the palm of my hands..look out

Jihoon: Unfortunately, that's true…Honghsi practically worships you

Jieun: That's what happens when you’re nice to people

Jihoon: Whatever

She yawned and stretched her legs. She could hear the rustling of blankets on the other line.

Jihoon: Sleepy?

Jieun: Yeah..you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter