I Trust You

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Duality showcase has been trending all over social media since 9pm the day before. South Korean fans who were fortunate to grab tickets before they’re soldout witnessed the show in person, but it was also made available through the LOEN x RAIN Company video streaming platform created specifically for the event.

Their performane as a duo was so well received that music fans were asking for them to do a tour all over Asia. Demand in the west was also high. The Korea Herald and Chosun Ilbo both had it as their headline the next day, setting aside political and social issues within the country for the time being. Of course Jihoon and Jieun related news filled the entertainment sites, with many fans flocking to leave comments.

Soompi

 

The Duality of IU and Rain

Fans of 1st gen and 2nd gen kpop couldn’t be any happier. The most awaited collaboration between World Star Rain and the Nation’s Little Sister, IU finally happened last night and it completely broke the internet. The tickets for the showcase were sold out in 30 minutes and the video-on-demand sales now hold the highest sales in the history of online concerts.

Our resident shutterbug was able to capture the magic through these photos. Scroll through the gallery and relive the magical night of #Duality!

Comments

Hu***

Kyahhhhh Rain oppa is as great as ever! The real revelation here is how good their chemistry together was ^_^. IU’s vocals are no joke, but what surprised me was their dancing as a duo!!!! One more concert please!!

Ji***

I can’t get that ending out of my head! That lift! These two are electric together!

Yo***

I was depressed, but when I saw Jihoonie dance to Black Out like that, I felt better :D

Ka***

IU. Rainism. That’s the comment.

Go****

Petitioning to give these two a movie project, or a drama project! Any project together jeballll

Pyo***

Am I the only one who cried when it ended?

Su***

I can’t say this enough but the fever dream concept is genius! It made me cry..a concert made me cry, what the hell

 

**

Jihoon

A day after the showcase

The sky is a perfect clear blue and the weather was warm enough that he decided to run just to clear his mind. His phone has been beeping nonstop since last night – mostly congratulatory messages and calls relating to the success of the Duality showcase. In the deep recesses of his heart he was expecting that one of those notifications would come from Taehee, but of course that didn’t happen.

The flood of messages was enough to distract him from more pressing matters; but once the initial rush of excitement from the positive reviews of the show died down, he was once again reminded of the fact that he has two more days to finalize the new songs that he has to add in the album, if he wants the album to be released a month from now, as scheduled. Not to mention other things from his personal life that he’s been avoiding for the longest time.

Lying on the grass in his backyard’s expansive grounds to rest after a tiring run, he stared at the perfect sky and listened to his recordings. One was the untitled song without lyrics; the other one was a song he’d rather not listen to, but desperate times call for desperate measures. It was The Best Present – his proposal song for Taehee, which he recorded with his Psy hyung earlier in the year.

The song is really good – aside from the fact that even the opening note brought a sharp pain to his chest. The fact that the lyrics were heartfelt ones, not just words that would fit a lovesong, added more pain.  He remembered being so excited when he finally finished recording it. Somehow January felt like a month of possibilities, despite his failed album.

Today, his career is back on track, but his personal life is in shambles.

Seems like I can’t have both.

Not able to take more of the negative feelings and thoughts that came with the song, he removed the earphones and let himself get distracted by Janguny and Sarangy who were his feet. Just then, his phone started ringing again, but he decided to ignore it, thinking it was just another one of those congratulatory calls. When his phone didn’t stop ringing after two minutes, he annoyingly reached for it, and pressed the answer button.

The screen said that Changmo was calling.

“Hyung..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter