Friends

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun woke up to an empty house. Not even the dogs were around.

After washing her face, she wandered around, trying to take a closer look at Jihoon’s hideout. Yesterday, she was too busy thinking of ways to make him talk that she didn’t even have the energy to look around properly. She started at his almost bare bedroom. In the wardrobe cabinet were his clothes, which remarkably looked too normal. Most of them are sweatpants, shorts, t-shirts, jackets – everyday wear; no trace of his flashy wardrobe. What caught her eye was the left side, which had women’s clothes and some accessories. Beside the cabinet was a small box, also containing articles of female clothing.

Was he packing her stuff?

Her gaze went to the picture frame she saw last night.

Maybe he’s finding it hard to let go of her completely. Huh.

She suddenly felt a little guilty for storming in and intruding on what seems to be Jihoon’s healing journey. Maybe there’s a tinge of sadness too. Since last night, before falling asleep, she asked herself again and again why she was here, in the middle of nowhere, with a man she didn’t even consider as a friend six months ago. All she has are the clothes on her back and her phone. She didn’t even have cash or credit cards, because Hanteo was supposed to pick her up from Jihoon’s place back in Seoul. She kept telling herself that Jihoon is the fool in this situation, but she’s a close runner up.

Not feeling like snooping around any further, she went to the kitchen. On the table was food with a little note that said, “Eat up. After lunch I’m going to take you to the bus terminal.”

“Very nice. He makes me breakfast and asks me to leave.” She muttered to herself.

After eating, she went out, deciding to atleast see the beauty of the area while she’s still there. It’s a beautiful morning, and the isolated house made the surroundings look like it popped out of a picturebook. There were no people, just her and nature. She ventured further and and saw that the surrounding area on the right and behind the house sloped towards a hill. Feeling a little adventurous, she tried climbing up, internally patting herself on the back for choosing to wear sneakers two days ago.

It’s strange, Jieun realized it’s been years since she’s been out like this – not just for a shoot or something work related. The day is warm, and she could feel sweat starting to form on her back. When she finally reached a  flat area where she can rest, she stopped and sat on a huge rock.

“Wahh, this place is unreal. I guess Jihoon chose a good place to hide away.”

The spot she chose was overlooking the narrow path in front of Jihoon’s house, beside the lake. Occasionally someone would appear – an old lady exercising, a couple running. But that’s about it.

A few moments later, she heard the sound of barking dogs and a male voice calling out. It was Jihoon. He was trying to stop Janguny and Sarangy from running too fast.

Ah, so he was exercising.

It’s funny how she can easily tell it’s him. But who can miss Jihoon, with his height, and wide shoulders?

Her wandering thoughts were immediately stopped midway when he started taking of his shirt, and used it to wipe his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter