The Princess

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun

It’s Jieun’s day off.

Her days off (which rarely come these days) are usually spent doing chores, watching football and updating her book and music blog, which she’s kept up and running since her elementary school years. No one knows about it except Inna, her closest friend since she was ten – the only soul who knows about her cringey early 00s music phase.

Come to think of it, no one from the *industry* knows about her real hobbies. If they do, they’d probably find it peculiar. Jieun is a huge football supporter, which she got from her parents, and her room is filled with books, records and LPs, which are the usual subjects of her blog posts. 

But then, today was not a day for lazing around and doing secret hobbies.

For the life of her, she couldn’t understand why she even agreed to meet Jihoon today. It felt like a momentary lapse of judgement on her part. But the IU part of her persona – her competitive musician side - knew she had to go. If she approached Si Eon’s “bright idea” rationally, her brain actually agreed with it. The caveman has been so successful because he did take a lot of risks. She didn’t agree with a lot of them, but then, she can probably learn a thing or two from the guy.

The meeting was set in Si Eon’s home. Jieun came with her manager, Hanteo, just to be sure. Her manager knew she couldn’t keep her temper in check when it comes to the veteran performer, and suggested that he tag along. Jihoon’s manager will probably be there too.

“We’re here.” Hanteo said, cutting off Jieun’s absent-minded overthinking.

The two made their way to Si Eon’s door. Before they could even ring the doorbell, Si Eon’s friendly face burst into view.

Jieun gave him a funny look, seeing his over eager demeanor.

“Oppa, do you usually greet your guests like this?”

“Only special ones.” Si Eon said with a smirk.

A tall man wearing tight fitting jeans and a black long sleeved shirt showing off his perfectly sculpted upper body, suddenly came into view. Jieun’s face immediately turned sour. She couldn’t help it, her body just responds naturally to the annoying man’s presence. Correction: caveman.

“Oppa?” Jihoon said with a playful pout. “I’m atleast a month older than him, yet you’ve only called me  ‘jerk’ or Jihoon when you’re in a good mood.”

“Well hello there, sunbaenimmm.” Jieun responded with a big fake smile.

Si Eon felt the need to referee between the two before it’s too late. Jieun had a weird smile/grimace spread across her face; Jihoon looked relaxed, but the ticking vein on his temple gave his true feelings away.

“What have I done?!” Si Eon asked himself.

“Aish, you two. The meeting hasn’t even started yet. Come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter