Last Fantasy

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun

Both LOEN and Rain Company in coordination with JYP Entertainment tightened the security on everything surrounding the Duality project. They still weren’t able to know where the leak came from, but the few, controlled staff involved from the 3 entertainment companies were re-briefed on the possible sanctions in case they blabbed about the project to anyone.

In three weeks’ time, the storyboard,  stage design,  and outfits for the showcase were laid out and were near completion. Jihoon and Jieun decided to record separately for their solo songs (mostly to keep the peace); however working together couldn’t be helped when it was time to record their duets and practice the choreography. The show will last for about 30 minutes, which meant a lot of dancing parts for Jieun.

And she was terrified.

It’s been three weeks since she ambushed the caveman’s house. She had to admit she regretted doing it. It was probably a lot of things happening all at once that led to her meltdown.

First was her difficulty in reconfiguring Rainism to her taste, and trying to remove the “magic stick” vibe out of the song. It took her almost an entire day trying to remove all the ‘Jihoon’ out of the song, which was strange. Before she became a household name, she did a lot of covers – from Clon to G-Dragon, but it was fairly easy to make the songs sound hers. But Rainism – there was something about it that screamed arrogant male even after she removed the explicit lyrics. Halfway through, she almost wanted to call Eana and change the song to Bad Guy, but her pride won’t let her do it. And so she did it, after 22 hours inside the studio. 22 freaking hours.

Second was the news of the leak and his majesty, Mr. World Star’s nonchalance about it. Her gut tells her he had something to do with it, but she can’t prove it. Or maybe it’s just her blind hatred that made her feel that way – probably the fact that she had no sleep whatsoever when the news of the leak erupted. What made it more annoying to her was that  when that happened, she was still stuck Rainism. The leak put immense pressure on her to finally get the song right. Her mind raced and thought of all the crazy fans who might make a big deal about her changing the song. Her brain was operating on adrenaline by then and she was just exhausted and angry.

Mostly at herself because she still cared so much about what other people would say.

And she couldn’t accept it when she found things difficult, while others find it so easy. Like Jihoon and dancing, which seemed so effortless it made her want to cry.

Yes, she’s been watching clips of him performing Rainism in 2008 and it’s not helping her at all. It even brought back memories of her teenage years that she wanted to forget.

And now to add to these negative thoughts, her brain went back to all the dancing that she had to learn.

Why did she ever not think of the fact that she’s going to collaborate with arguably the best dancer in kpop?

But today is not the day for worries, because she is confident she’s got the upper hand. They’re going to meet at the LOEN studio to record Last Fantasy. It was agreed that the owner of the song decides where to record the duet, so she got to choose.

Jihoon arrived to the studio fifteen minutes before the schedule. She can hate him all she likes, but his professionalism is really admirable.  They d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter