Eodiya?

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s only been two days since Dispatch broke the news of Jihoon and Taehee’s alleged breakup, but it has been a complete storm.

One reprieve was that Jieun has been kept busy with finalizing the details of the album before it gets reproduced. It wasn’t difficult to choose the songs – she chose The Best Present to be part of the tracklist, along with her Hi Spring Bye – an upbeat song about the memories of springtime. One decision she had to make though, was to include the unfinished, untitled song that Jihoon sent her, as a hidden track. It was too beautiful to be discarded, and she felt Jihoon felt this too, hence the inclusion in the files he sent.

The day after she got Jihoon’s late night message, she tried to contact him, thinking she was just reading too much into the message and that he’ll be helping her choose the final tracks. But that wasn’t the case. He’s been MIA for 48 hours. She tried pestering Changmo, but he wouldn’t budge. Or maybe he had no idea too. The “excuse” was that he’s sick, but Jieun didn’t buy it.

Still, because she was worried, she left porridge on his doorstep but no one answered the door. She texted him instead, hoping he would read it; but the message remains unread until now.

Jieun could practically hear her braincells whir – she’s thinking about a lot of things while checking the final songs that the producer is showing her. She has to give the ok before everything gets turned over to the production department, as Jihoon specifically instructed.

She was almost touched; but the thing was, he’s hiding somewhere and did not even have the balls to tell her where. Unsure if she’s annoyed or worried, she willed herself to focus on the songs.

“This is good, Hyuk. I think we can send this to the production team.”

The producer gave her a nod, then immediately left the studio. Left alone, she listened to Jihoon’s unfinished track again. It’s the same track he’s been working on with her that one time when they had coffee. She can’t put her finger on it but the song, despite having no lyrics, gets to her. It communicated the melancholy that was probably building up inside Jihoon. Worried, she decided to give it one more shot.

She dropped by his house, hoping he would be there. When she got to his door, the small bag containing the porridge she left the other day was still there.

Pabo. Where are you?

She never expected Jihoon to pull a disappearing act. They were both slated to appear on Running Man in a week, and frankly, her hope that they can attend to their commitments in the next few weeks is dwindling everyday. Earlier, she found out that Jihoon even assigned a deputy CEO for his company, and she’s pretty sure he’s thought of the remaining Duality commitments as well.

He’s obviously crazy, but atleast he’s methodical about it.

Feeling resigned, Jieun her heel towards the driveway. She was about to text Hanteo to pick her up, when she heard a familiar male voice. She hid behind a big potted plant, and tried to listen in. Peeking a little, she saw that it was Si Eon and he was arguing with someone on the phone.

“You have completely lost your mind..”

“Don’t tell me about the arrangements you made, Jihoon. You can’t just run away like this.”

“I know exactly where you are…don’t even try me. I’m going there now.”

Jieun’s heart was racing while she listened to fragments of the conversation. So, it is true that Jihoon has decided to run away. Run away from what? Or whom? Where exactly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter