Dinner Date

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon had it all planned to the smallest detail. Nevermind that his first try failed; he’s a man who takes every chance he gets. Tonight, he’ll make Taehee say yes to marrying him. In his heart of hearts, there is a voice that tells him not to expect too much; Taehee’s reaction during their last dinner together left him with more questions than answers. Not only that, it broke his heart when she didn’t even bother to take his side, not even for a little bit, when her appa asked for him to leave. But he understood. Family is important to Taehee; and it’s the same for him.

But surely there is a way for them to be together without cutting ties with her family, right?

There has to be a way. They can do that if they do it together.

He didn’t get a band anymore. He’s just going to sing her his song acapella. There was a mic stand at the center of the room, where the band usually plays during the restaurant’s normal operating hours, but today that mic is his. Before he knew it, there she was, walking towards the table where he was already seated.

His heart skipped a beat – out of nerves, excitement and a little bit of fear. This is it. After this, it’s either they’re done, or they’re going to spend the rest of their lives forever.

Jihoon didn’t dare think of how he’ll handle it if Taehee rejects his proposal. To him, it’s an unconceivable thing; and so he focused on what he can do, and how he’ll make her see that there is no one more sincere and committed to loving her, than him.

“The restaurant is a little dead, huh.” Taehee said, glancing around and seeing that there are no other customers aside from them.

“It’s almost closing time. But I asked the owner to extend a little bit until we finish eating.” Jihoon explained, trying not to sound too eager or defensive.

Taehee just nodded and started perusing the menu. Jihoon studied her face. She seemed to be in a good mood. He was half expecting for her to be less talkative – which usually happens when she’s mad at him, or when they just got out of a fight.

Making small talk while eating, Taehee asked him how the Duality Project was going and he said it’s shaping up well. She then told him about her drama which is about to wrap up in two weeks.

“That’s great, so we can finally have more time for us. Aside from my rehearsals and show guestings, I’m free. We can find time to go out and have fun.” Jihoon said good-naturedly, satisfied when Taehee smiled at what he said.

Thinking it was the right moment to unveil the real reason for their dinner date, Jihoon said he’s going to the restroom, which was the signal for the restaurant staff to bring out Tahehee’s dessert where the ring is hidden. Jihoon hid himself behind the wall that led to the restroom while clutching the microphone tightly as he peeked at the scene unfolding before his eyes. Unsuspecting, Taehee started eating the cake.

No turning back, Jihoon. You can’t just give up on marrying Taehee.

He leaned against the wall, preparing himself for what he’s about to do. He’s been performing for most of his life but there’s never been a more nerve wracking moment than this one. He closed his eyes and tried to picture his dream for him and Taehee. A house with expansive grounds where their kids can play, and a beautiful and loving wife – and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter