The Mystery of the Underwear

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can take the bedroom. Go and lie down, you look like you’re going to pass out.

She wanted to protest, but Jihoon just glared at her. That was enough to end the conversation.

Making her way to Jihoon’s bedroom, Jieun stopped midway when she remembered something.

“J-jihoon, I mean, Oppa..” She started tentatively. She had to know where her clothes are. Earlier, she took a peek underneath the oversized shirt and saw that she wasn’t even wearing her bra. The mere thought made her face feel hotter than it already is.

“Hmm?”

“Uhm..the thing is…” she cleared , uncertain how to phrase her questions. “Where are my clothes?”

Jihoon stared at her. If he felt embarrassed about her question, he was definetely not showing it. Jieun felt like a fool for making a big deal out of it, but she just had to know. Of course Youngja couldn’t possible carry her and dress her. There is no doubt in her mind that Jihoon got her changed.

 Jihoon was just being helpful, Jieun. She kept repeating this to herself to keep her brain from overthinking and feeling embarrassed over nothing.

“Oh, they’re in my bag. They have to be washed. I’ll do that, don’t worry about it..”

I’m not worried about laundry at all. I’m more worried about other things, like…you seeing me when I was all gross and sweaty and sick. Agh I hate my life!

She swallowed, not able to really ask what she wanted to say. Jihoon probably saw her discomfort, when he asked, “If you’re worried about underwear, I’ll go out and buy you some later. Go and rest.”

Jieun felt like her entire face was on fire, up to the tips of her hair. How can Jihoon say such things like they’re nothing? Here she was, still feeling sick, yet totally embarrassed, that she’s currently wishing for the earth to swallow her entire being.

She couldn’t think of anything to say, so she just complied. When she laid on the bed, she could feel that her body needed rest. In no time, she was off to dreamland.

**

Jieun has been in bed for the second day since that fight with Jihoon. She still felt sick but her strength had been gradually building up, thanks to Jihoon who has been tirelessly taking care of her.  Her time at Jihoon’s house as a patient of sorts was more or less silent in general. He barely talks to her unless it’s about food, her medicines and scolding her for not asking for help when she needed it.

According to the news, the storm is still raging. It’s just like Jieun’s luck to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, sick and unable to travel because of a storm. The wind is not as bad, but the rain continued to pour almost nonstop. Si Eon also called to tell her personally about the  roads that are currently closed off because of some flooding, and how it will be impossible to pick her up anytime soon.

She felt disappointed. But what worried her more was that staying here longer meant imposing on Jihoon. He hasn’t spoken about their fight, but he hasn’t been talking to her much since anyway. If only she isn’t involved in the situation, she’d find the events of the past few days hilarious. Jihoon actually asked her what underwear size he has to pick-up before he went to the store. And he wasn’t even embarrassed about it either.

“Maybe it’s because he has a little sister. He’s used to that kind of stuff.” She told herself.

Jieun looked at the oversized sweatshirt she’s wearing and sighed. It seems like Jihoon already took care of Taehee’s things, because the boxes and the clothes she saw a few days ago are already gone.

“Jihoon is supposed to be having a healing trip, but here you are ruining it. Good job, Jieun.”

I need to do something. I can’t keep having a pity party when I can’t do anything about it.

She’s bored out of her wits, and being around Jihoon makes her feel uncomfortable. If it’s because he probably already saw her (just the thought of it makes her want to disappear into thin air) or her fear that he’ll figure out her true feelings, she can’t decide. Maybe it’s both.

Swinging her legs over the bed, she sat up, deciding what to do. She took a peek through the bedroom door and saw the two dogs in the living room. Sensing her presence, Janguny trotted towards her.

“Hello Janguny, where’s Oppa?” She playfully asked the cute dog while its back. Janguny looked pleased, and started her free hand.

There was no sign of Jihoon in the house.

“I should at least be useful while I stay here.”

When she saw that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter