Duality 2.0

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Allkpop: Netizens, even non-kpop fans, are creating speculations about IU’s latest photoshot with Elle Korea

IU’s latest pictorial, which has a “girl boss” theme created a storm on the fan forums and in other social media sites when the photos were released by Elle Korea’s official instagram page. One of the shots show IU wearing a red Gucci suit, which was the same suit that EXO’s Kai wore in one of his spreads for the same magazine late last year, as pointed out by EXO-Ls. Because of this, many netizens speculated that the two are secretly dating, however, IU’s agency denied the issue stating that it was just a coincidence and that she and Kai are good friends through his bandmate, Baekhyun. IU and Baekhyun became friends when they both starred in the hit drama, Scarlet Heart in 2016.

Comments

Eh****

Why is IU being linked with everyone but Rain? As a delusional Cloud and Uaena, I’m offended.

    Replies ^

         Y88******

          Lol get out of here, Rain is happily back together with Kim Taehee. Besides she’s too young for him.

          Mu*****

          Rain is 12 years older than me but I’d happily date him lmao

         Eh****

         @ Mu***** ah, I found my people <3

Pi*****

I’m all for Kai x IU, but I don’t think they’re dating.

He****

Lol IU gets linked with everyone..seriously guys, I think she’s not into kpop men. I saw her with Jannabi’s singer in Hongdae a week ago. I think they’re an item.

     Replies ^

     No****

     Jinja? I think they’d be a cool couple O_o

     He****

     They are! Just look at these photos from their ig..I think that’s taken from Junghoon’s recording studio.

     Wouldn’t it be  great if they collaborated musically?

     Be***

     @He**** pabo! Just google IU, Eunhyuk, 2012. You’re welcome.

      He****

      @ Be*** OMO I FORGOT THAT EXISTED LMAO

**

It’s been an eventful September for Jieun, and definitely not a quiet one. As she requested, Hanteo filled her schedule with shoots, guestings and other gigs. It started as a distraction, but now, she feels like she’s back to her old self. Work has never been more fun. She didn’t even mind the groundless dating rumors – she’s that happy.

What also brought her comfort were Inna –and  surprisingly, Junghoon.

Choi Junghoon, you surprise me.

He didn’t even ask why she disappeared on him a few months ago, and why she didn’t return his calls. He said he understood and that he gave her the space she needed. Jieun appreciated that very much. It’s rare to find people who didn’t ask questions and just waited for her to be ready to open up.

She didn’t even message him. They met by chance two weeks ago when she was shooting something for SBS. He was there to meet some producers; apparently his band is included in the OST album for an upcoming drama. Things are also taking off for his band, outside of his usual sphere, which is the underground band scene in Hongdae. Since then, they have been going out, mostly having dinner or jamming in his studio.

“I got you the espresso one. It’s your favorite.”

Junghoon took the empty seat across her after handing her a cone of gelato.

“Thanks. I’m that predictable huh."

“Only when it comes to food. But all other things considered, you’re pretty hard to read.”

Junghoon has always hinted about this, and Jieun knows what he’s talking about. She never truly opened up to him. And just like that her thoughts drifted towards the only person who managed to break through the walls she unconsciously built up around herself - Jihoon. After her relationship with Joongi imploded, with all the trauma, she opted to keep her real feelings to herself, and Junghoon saw that. That is, until a few months ago when she and Jihoon started becoming close. She felt safe around him, but he ended up disappointing her.

She ate some of the gelato and tried to re-orient her thoughts.

“There’s not much to read anyway, hehe. “

Junghoon smiled at her and continued eating his gelato.

Studying him, Jieun thought of how patient he’s been. Sometimes she could see him get hurt when she spaces out, or when he catches her not listening to what he’s saying. She had many of those, especially when she was still hung up on Jihoon.

“Sorry, Junghoon.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I don’t even know why you still like hanging out with me. I often space out and I’m a horrible friend. I usually forget to return your calls and am too busy to hang out most of the time.”

“That’s true.”

She glared at him playfully which made him laugh.

“You don’t have to agree that quickly!”

“Haha, mianhe.” He leaned on the table and smiled. “I know that you might just see me as someone you can hang out with when you’re bored or someone you can discuss music with. I’m aware of that. But I like being with you…and..you know that I like you, Jieun.”

She couldn’t respond immediately because she didn’t expect him to be so blunt.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter