Sketchbook

Sunbaenim!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hee Sun, Jihoon’ stylist was hovering around him, trying to make last minute touch-ups before the show goes live. He and Jieun are going to guest in Yoo Huiyeol’s Sketchbook as a sort of teaser for the album. In his Jinyoung hyung’s words, this guesting is going to whet the public’s appetite for their upcoming album. They will be singing one solo song each and a duet of Last Fantasy.

He’s somewhere in the middle of nervous and excited, but his mind kept going back to the man that visited Jieun’s dressing room earlier. The man was not very tall, but he was good-looking, with longish hair that added to his charisma. Jihoon thought that he looked familiar, but he is sure he’s not an actor or an idol – he exuded the cool, Hongdae vibe that most actors or idol’s don’t.

Jieun can entertain whomever she wants, it’s her life. But what bothered him was that he’d seen the same man a few days ago. The owner of the restaurant where they had their mini celebration a week ago called him up, telling him to collect Jieun’s purse – the one he kept on looking for when she was drunk and barely able to talk to him properly.

Gamri, the owner, told her that she called two numbers: one that called Jieun’s phone last (Jihoon) and one that texted her last.

Gamri had a starstruck look in her eyes, when she said, “I didn’t know it’s you – omo – “

Jihoon interrupted her, albeit shyly because he had to go. But out of curiosity, she asked who the other person was, and Gamri immediately pointed to someone who was leaving the restaurant in a hurry.

“He came but immediately had to leave. The girl who was with him was having a fit when she found they’re fetching another woman’s belongings. He apologized and said he can’t collect Jieun’s things. Before he left, he told me secrelty that he might come back for it.”

Jihoon studied the pair who was walking towards a car. The woman looked agitated, and the man was urging her to get inside the car.

That man is the same man he saw talking to Jieun earlier, bearing flowers. Something didn’t sit right with him about it.

“Five minutes!”

The staff’s loud voice interrupted his thoughts.

Ugh, who am I now, Sherlock Holmes? Jieun is an adult and she can take care of herself.

Jihoon took a brief look in the mirror, then made his way towards the studio.

Jihoon and Jieun sat side by side on the stool, opposite the beaming Yoo Huiyeol. He kept saying that he felt honored that the much talked about duo in the past months are on his show.

Jihoon: Kamsamnida, Hyung. It’s always a pleasure to visit Sketchbook.

Jieun: Likewise, this show brings back a lot of memories when I was just starting out.

Huiyeol: I’m curious, how is it, working together – considering the difference in style, strengths and even *chuckle* the big .

The crowd teasingly laughed, and Jihoon gave a good natured smile.

Huiyeol: I want to hear from the hoobae first.

He gave a teasing look towards Jieun, adding that she might not be able to say anything in edgewise if her sunbaenim speaks first.

Jieun: Haha, so considerate of you, Huiyeol sunbae.

Jihoon play

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter