I Choose You

Somewhere in Between

 

[Taeyang]

Days have gone by. I haven't seen or heard from Yoobin, I have been calling her but I haven't left Jen's side.

*Knock Knock.

I opened the front door and found Jiyong with a bouquet of Jen's favourite flower.

"Is Jen home?" he asked.

"Yeah upstairs" I said and pointed up. He let himself in and continued upstairs.

As soon as he disappeared Jaellie came running down.

"Jae, come here!" I called. Then she came running down next to me.

"Yeah?"

"About what you said the other day..."

"Oh that? Forget it, doesn't matter now. Oh by the way Taeyang did you know about this offer that Jen got from Paris or something for photography?"

"WHAT SHE GOT IN?" I exclaimed.

"What do you mean?"

"I submitted some of her photos when they offered up scholarships. How come she never said anything?"

"That's how much you hurt her." she said.

=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

[Jen]

"Hello sweetie." Jiyong greeted with the flowers in front of his face.

"Finally about time" I said. I called Jiyong to help me with something, I'm gonna need all the help I can get right now. He walked towards me and sat down my bed.

"So how can I help you?"

"I need to go to Paris as soon as possible" I said.

"Why?"

"I got a scholarship there and I finally accepted it. I have to be there in 3 days and if I don't I lose the scholarship"

"Okays? Why did you call me? Why didn't you tell Taeyang?"

"I don't want to tell him. I need money to go to Paris so please lend me some; I promise I will give it back to you as soon as I adjust in Paris. I have no one else to turn to. I already asked my sister and she agreed to help me as well. I talked to my mum and she's giving me our emergency money for my plane ticket but I need pocket money. I know this is so wrong of me to ask you but I really have no one else to turn to"

"One question?"

"Yeah?" I said confused.

"Are you in love with Taeyang?" he asked.

"No" I lied.

"Okay I'll help you. You need the money soon?"

I nodded my head and he stood up.

"I'll be back in half an hour" he said.

"Thanks. Please don’t let Taeyang know, I want to be the one to tell him"

He nodded his head and flashed a smile.

After a minute, Taeyang came in.

"Jen can I take you for a walk?" he asked. I sighed to myself but I have to tell him about my departure.

I stood up and he helped me up. We went down the stairs and walked down to the park.

We reached our favourite spot under the big oak tree. He slowly helped me down and he sat next to me.

"Look I'm sorry." he started. "The day you had an accident, Yoobin visited. We had a chat, she asked me to choose between you and her. I didn't choose but she left me with these words; When you figure out just how much I mean to you, don't hesitate to call. I'll come running back to you, but if you don't realise anything that means I'm not the one for you. Maybe the one you have been looking for has always been there; waiting for you to choose her - I didn't know what she meant. I still don't know but for some reason it's making sense now. I feel like it's right there I just can't put my finger into it. But I was talking to Jaellie before and..." he stopped and took a deep breath.

"Maybe just maybe, you're the one for me" he said.

I didn't know what to say. Words that are coming and will come out from his mouth will be the words I have wanted to hear.

"Jen I just want to let you know that I choose you."

My body froze right there, my senses were cut off. The air that are coming in are slowly reducing, my knees weaken, my eyes tearing. There it was the truth or something. I couldn't say anything but;

"Taeyang in less than 3 days I'm going to Paris and I'm going to stay there for awhile and if I end up liking it there I might stay longer. This wasn't a sudden decision I have thought about it thoroughly and I really want to do this. So I'm gonna have to leave you alone. Take care of Jaellie and my mum for me okay? Be a man"

I saw his eyes tearing, like I broke his heart of something.

"Take care of yourself Taeyang, and I'm not the one you need. Yoobin loves you and I saw how much you loved her. You are confused right now but I'm telling you she's the one you love. Follow her, embrace her and love her with everything you have. Be happy best, I love you" I said and stood up.

I felt him grab onto me, it's breaking my heart seeing him like this but I have to stand my ground and let him go.

"Be strong!" I said and walked off.