She Matters

Somewhere in Between

[Jen]

Waking up every morning is the best part of my day but waking with your best friend breathing against your neck is probably going to make your day priceless. I missed this, me and him... us. We spent a lot of years waking up next to each other, whispering words to each other every single morning and we've missed out on that, I guess it was time to take back what's been lost.

I slowly lift his hand off me and walked downstairs. I saw the girls sitting around the kitchen table munching on their food. I just realised that Jaellie hasn't really been out of the house since Hye Won came.

"No school?" I asked.

"No, I finished my course already and plus my certificate is hanging on my wall. I'm just waiting for them to call me you know, so I can actually teach" she replied.

"Morning to you too" Hye Won said while holding onto her toast.

She looked a bit pale, it's like the life in her has been outta her. She's always staying late at night waiting for Donghae to come home but every night is a disappointment for her.

"He didn't come home again?" I said and sat in front of her.

"No he called this morning and he said he needs to work overtime nowadays, he said we need the money so when the baby comes out we'll be ready" she said. Jaellie stood up and headed for the coffee machine.

"You're going to be okay, I promise" I said as I walked over her then I kissed her forehead.

"Am I still skipping work today?" I asked as Jaellie hands me my coffee.

"Actually they called before and umm... they said that you have some offer with a company from JeJu Island and they want you to go there" she said and sat down next to Hye Won.

"I can't go JeJu Island. Hye Won's pregnant and you both need me here, I am not leaving"

"They figured you'd say that so they told me to tell you that they are going to have to let you go because after this week they will be moving to JeJu Island and your trainee ship will be completed today." she continued.

"OH, so does that mean I don't have a job anymore?"

"Yes basically but look on the bright side, the JYP offer still stands" Hye Won said and chuckled.

"Not really up to seeing a pregnant right now you know. Pregnant girls are pretty hormonal, I'm just surprise you're not" I said and Jaellie cracked up laughing.

"She's worst at night I swear. One minute she'll be happy and the next she's like crying non-stop, you're just lucky you're not around to see any of it" Jaellie said.

We were all chatting happily when Taeyang walked in the kitchen; he was like some kind of remote that puts Jaellie and Hye Won on mute. He smiled at me and made way towards me. He kissed my forehead and greeted me and the girls good morning.

"Coffee Oppa?" Jaellie asked and Taeyang nodded his head.

"How's your head?"

"Good, how's yours?"

"Better but I just found out that I don't have a job anymore" I said.

"How come?"

"Well the place where I use to do training is moving to JeJu Island and I have to go see them now for my certificate and crap"

"Alright, Seungri called and said that TOP~Hyung will be picking you up in 15 minutes"

"Okay have breakfast first" I said and got up from my chair and walked to the counter to make him some breakfast.

"What the heck?" Taeyang said after reading a message from his phone.

"Change of plans, you're also coming with us. We're going to JYP building for a last practice for this whole collaboration thing and they moved the dates earlier so we only have three days to get our acts together" he continued.

"Why must they move it?"

"Wonder Girls will be going to America and yeah" TOP said as he walks in the kitchen.

"Can I just get someone to drop me off today?" I asked as I walk over to Taeyang and handed him the food.

"Yeah Jaellie can and I can go with you so I can see Donghae" Hye Won said.

"Alright, well you have to be there before 9:00 or else they will get on my case" TOP said.

"Okay don't worry we'll be there"

"We'll be off then, see you later" Taeyang said and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled and they were off.

"Jae, hurry up and get ready okay? I'll go and call my trainer and talk to them about my certificate." I said and walked out of the kitchen.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jiyong]

I was watching with Seungri and Daesung when the front door opened with Taeyang and Top~hyung entered. Taeyang looks tired and in need of more sleep. He greeted all of us a good morning and pulled me away from the guys. We sat by the kitchen table staring at each for about a minute.

"Jiyong I wanna apologise to you for whatever I did to Jen before and I'm sorry I never considered your feeling in all of it but I promise you it won't happen again. I thought not having Jen next to me will help me with all the hard times but I was wrong, I missed her more and more every day. I really wanna make it work with her, I was just so stubborn about the whole thing" he started.

He couldn't even look into my eyes or even look at me for that matters. I've known Taeyang for so long now and he has always been the better person between us two. He was the kind and noble kid, he matured pretty early.

"I understand if you hate me and if you don't want me to keep seeing Jen now, I will understand but I will work hard to make you forgive me" he continued.

"I'm glad you came to your senses, about time. I will never ever take away what makes Jen happy. I forgive you, I'm just happy you two made up already" I answered. I saw his face light up and he had that smile I haven't seen in a while. Although I haven't been around the boys because of my busy days, I still get to see them and how they are all doing.

"Is the tension between you both gone yet?" Seungri asked as he slowly walks towards us.

"Yes it is" I said and he hugged me then Taeyang.

"Oh, I'll be performing for some musical" he said.

"Really when?"

"In like a week or something, since you all are so busy I decided to do something fun for myself."

"That's good Seungri. Well I got to shower now and get ready for the practice later" Taeyang said and left.

. . . . . . .

"Glad to see the BIG BANG boys all united again" Junsu said as we enter hall. The entire JYP artist was waiting on the chairs already. Wonder Girls was at the front then 2AM and 2PM, Teddy~Hyung was there as well along with 2NE1. We took our seats behind Wonder Girls but Taeyang sat next to Sandara which was behind us. I turned my head at the back and looked at him confused.

"Long story" he said and sighed.

We were waiting for the managers to come but the staff said they will be a little late so we were all free to do whatever we want to do for a while. Taeyang was the first one on his feet and already making an exit, I followed him straight away and we stayed outside.

"Do I have to guess or are you going to tell me?"

"I just asked her to reconsider our relationship because seriously hyung I don't just wanna stay with her because of the baby" he said.

Baby? I looked at him confused and I don't think he realised.

"Taeyang did I hear you right?"

"Oh yeah, Sorry I was going to tell you and the rest of the guys soon just never had the right time to. Please GD you have to help me hide this for a while, Yoobin is not ready to tell anyone about it, not yet anyway"

"HOW LONG?!" I yelled when I realised that he wasn't kidding about the whole thing.

"6 weeks almost two months" he replied.

"What has gotten into you Taeyang? What happen to marriage before huh?"

"I was drunk okay, stuff happens when you're drunk" he said. I smacked him across the head and he just smiled at me.

"Are you ready for this?"

"No, I'm scared like crazy you know. By the way I told Jen"

"What she say?"

"She was over the moon" he said a little bit confused.

I was about to smack him again when I heard Jaellie's voice calling me and Taeyang. Me and Taeyang looked up and saw her, Hye Won and Jen walking towards our way. I looked at Jen who was in between the other girls, she was wearing her shorts, ballet flats, her SpongeBob T-shirt and her hair tied to the side. Her simplicity still makes my heart race; I could get a heart attack right now.

"Don't drool too much" Taeyang teased and stood up. He met the girls halfway and he kissed Jen on the forehead then kissed the other girls on the cheeks, he took the laptop off Jaellie and the camera off Jen.

"Hey, where have you been?" Jen said as she locks her hands with mine.

"I don't know girlfriend, where have I been?" I replied and gave her a kiss on the cheeks.

Before I left their house last night I told Hye Won and Jaellie not to tell Jen that I came over to see her last night because she's going to feel guilty because she fell asleep on me and we all know it was not her fault, it was mine.

"Seriously where have you been?" she asked again.

"Well it was supposed to be a surprise but since I missed out on seeing you for I don't know how many days now I'll tell you now. I'm finally releasing my solo album that's why I've been so busy and don't have time for anything else" I replied. She looked at me with a blank face.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm proud of you boyfriend" she said and kissed me on the cheeks.

"Okay lovers we have a show to run" Taeyang said while pushing us both inside JYP building.

. . . . .

"Okay take 5" the choreographer said. Taeyang and Seungri were joining 2PM dancing to their song Again and Again. Jen was enjoying watching the whole practice; I can see Yoobin always glaring at Jen. My practicing for today is done and so is hers so I decided to pull her outside first and thought I might have a little chat with her.

"What do you want?" she asked angrily.

"Look I know you're all hormonal and stuff like that but don't take it out on me okay. What I want is for you to stop glaring at me girlfriend like she has done something wrong" I told her.

"Do you know that she and Taeyang are seeing each other again?" she said trying to stir something up.

"Yes indeed I do, your fiancé told me this morning at least one of you is trying to be a better person. Look I know you and Taeyang have some sort of misunderstanding right now but Jen has nothing to do with it so please just leave Jen alone. I'm only telling you this once I won't say it again" I said.

"Or what Jiyong?"

"I know most of the people in there don’t know about your little bump, I will not be afraid to tell them" I warned.

"You won't do that to Taeyang"

"Yes I won't but if I tell Taeyang you're hurting Jen I'm sure he'll be behind me 100%"

"What makes you so sure?" she asked with her arms crossed.

"She matters to Taeyang more than you, so if you wanna do something to Jen consider the consequences" I said and walked away.