Needing You

Somewhere in Between

[Jen]

Jaellie let go of my hand when we stepped out of JYP building, she walked towards Hye Won and Taeyang then she held Hye Won into her arms again. I didn't know just how much Jaellie cared for Hye Won but the way I see it right now she's willing to do anything to protect the baby and Hye Won. My sister was going to have another sister but her mum lost the baby because Jaellie wasn't really the good girl back then, she was always out and didn't want to come home because of the man her mum was seeing then.

We were 17, I would always make up lies for her so that her mum won't get angry and won't get stressed from worrying about her but in the end she lost her baby when Jaellie and she fought. My sister regretted that day; she was depressed for 2 months. She went through a phase where she almost turned anorexic; she had to attend physical therapy and all those sort of things that was needed for her to recover. When her step-father left her mum to be with someone else, Jaellie somehow forgave herself for what happened to the baby and she promised herself to take care of whatever blessing comes into our lives – this is it, Hye Won is another blessing for us.

"JEN WHAT HAPPENED?" Taeyang yelled when he saw the scratch marks on my face.

"Your lioness couldn't help herself" I replied and walked away from him. I turned my back and he was gone, I saw Donghae walking out from the JYP building while holding onto Sunmi's hand and walking towards us.

 Jaellie was on her attacking position immediately; she stood in front of Hye Won while holding her hand. When Donghae was just a few inches away from her, Jaellie raised her hand and slapped Donghae as hard as she could. I heard the slap sound echoing in my ear, she was a girl you shouldn't mess with.

"I'm sorry Hye Won, I just can't anymore" Donghae spoke. My jaw dropped about how straight forward his words were. Doesn't anyone consider feelings nowadays? This is crazy, they are crazy. I made my way towards them and stood on Hye Won's left side. She took my hand and squeezed it; I looked at her and released a smile – letting her know I was there for her.

Sunmi bowed her head politely towards us three and said sorry. Her little voice reminded me of those annoying screeching sound tires make when someone is trying to do a burn-out on the street, annoying in your ears.

"Is that all you can say?" Jaellie asked rhetorically.

"Hye Won, please talk to me" Donghae begged. Instead of replying Hye Won just walked away. Her heart was breaking knowing that the father of the child she is carrying just walked away from her life. I was feeling sorry for her, I wanted to seriously just rip Donghae out of the picture and find her a new boyfriend who would actually treasure her and the child. My face was still burning which added to my confused emotions, I wanted to go back in that building and fight Yoobin even more.

"I didn't know she was pregnant" Sunmi spoke again.

"Tsch, are you kidding me? You knew he had a girlfriend yet you went out with him" Jaellie pointed out.

"Miane" she replied.

"You should be because now the kid inside her doesn't have a father and that's all thanks to you, what do you have to say for yourself now?" Jaellie continued. Donghae just stood there still watching Hye Won who was now sitting by gutter probably crying her eyes out.

"I love him" Sunmi replied.

"Good for you, he's going to need all the love he can get because from this day onwards he will not see Hye Won ever again... especially that kid" Jaellie replied and took my hand and we started walking away.

"You can't do that, that's my child" Donghae said. Jaellie quickly stopped and turned around angrier than ever.

", the moment you walked out of that house and started creeping around with this bulimic , was the moment you lost your child and your girlfriend. She doesn't need you, you're just like the step-father I had" Jaellie answered and we continued walking away.

. . . . . .

I took over the wheels since Jaellie couldn't drive anymore. Hye Won and she sat at the back of the car. Both of them were seriously quiet, I couldn't even hear the sound of their breath. I didn't want to speak as well because I was scared Jaellie might snap even more. At some point I was feeling a bit guilty for what I did to Yoobin but at the same time I think she deserves it, I just pray for the baby to be safe, who cares if Yoobin's not as long as the baby was safe and sound. ARGHH! That girl is really lucky she's pregnant because if she wasn't she could have received more than just slaps and hair pulling, I could have knocked her out. As soon as we arrived at my house, I saw my mum coming out of the house.

"Oh thank GOD, where in the world have you girls been?" she asked worriedly and quickly hugging Hye Won. She then turned her attention to me and her eyes almost popped out when she examined my face.

"What happened to you?" she asked as she holds my chin and tilting my head from side to side.

"It's just a scratch, go to work you're late" I said distracting her. She quickly took the keys off my hand and said her goodbyes. Hye Won and Jaellie walked inside the house like zombies walking in the daylight. I followed them inside and saw Hye Won heading upstairs, Jaellie sat on the couch and tried relaxing herself by singing Seungri's song – Next Day. I leaned against the wall trying not to distract her but in two seconds she was screaming her lungs out. I quickly walked over to her side and calmed her down a bit. She shrugged me off and moved to the couch next to the one I was sitting on. She looked at me – her eyes raging it.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" she asked with an angry tone. It reminded me of the day when Taeyang and I had a fight and no one could understand the anger inside of me; I saw that anger again but this time in Jaellie's eyes and voice.

"She said something that pushed me to my limits" I replied with a calm voice.

"Jen she's pregnant if you have forgotten. 6 weeks pregnant, the baby is not as strong as you think it is when they are 6 weeks old. She could have lost the baby on that spot and do you know how hard it is when someone loses a baby and it's your fault? It's hard Jen, you will carry that guilt inside of you every single day of your life and no matter how much you try and amend for it, it will never disappear – it's always with you."

"I know Ellie and I'm sorry, I just completely lost sight of the reason why I was really there"

"Just promise me you will stay away from Yoobin from now on" she said.

"I can't do that. We will see each other every now and then because I still work for both YG and JYP, I can't turn my back right now, there's 3 days 'till the joint stage happens" I answered honestly. She grunted a little and held onto the hands of the sofa and glared at me.

"DAMN IT, DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO BE STUBBORN?" she yelled.

"WAIT, stop yelling at me. I didn't do anything wrong and as far as I am concern she hit me first, I wasn't planning to go and have a cat fight with her until she said something that really got on my last nerve" I replied still trying to be calm, besides when I said 'Wait' I was yelling but was able to take control of myself.

"I don't care what she said Jen, you are staying away from that girl" she commanded. I don't want to be stubborn about the situation but it seemed like this whole mess was somehow my fault now, it seemed to me like her whole anger was getting piled on me, I felt like she was trapping me.

"Wait a second, if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have ended in a cat fight!" I replied. Harsh? I know but it's the truth I know.

"YOU'RE BLAMING US?" she yelled once more.

The problem with Jaellie is – she was a lot like me. Once anger takes over us both there's no stopping whatever comes out from our mouth but it is sometimes a good thing for us to be angry because it's the only way we can tell each other the truth.

"No I am not, I'm just saying. What the hell were you girls doing there anyway? I thought you people would be here when I get back"

"Don't change the subject Jen, stay away from her. You've suffered enough because of her and because of Taeyang. Stay away from him too" she said all of a sudden. I stared at her in disbelief, not long ago she was rooting for my friendship with Taeyang to not go onto the rocks again and now she's telling me to stay away.

"Why should I? For once I got something worth loving back into my life and you're telling to just let it go?"

"For once? In case you have forgotten you have a boyfriend" she answered.

"A boyfriend who's hardly there!" I replied angrily.

I tried putting on a brave face for a couple of days now, I wanted to understand that Jiyong was busy with his life as a musician but at the same time I was worrying about us and with all these things happening to Hye Won and now Jaellie biting my head off, I was starting to feel more scared.

"Who's hardly there? You don't know what Jiyong~Oppa has done for you these past few days because you were too busy trying to mend your broken relationship with Taeyang" she continued.

"Trying? As far as I am concern Jaellie, Taeyang and I are stronger than we were before"

"Oh really? You can tell that how; it's been 3 days or something since he waltz back into your life. Jiyong was there every step of the way when you needed him when you were in Paris or have you forgotten that as well?"

"What's your point?" I asked when I realised she was trying to slap some sort of reality into my face but she just couldn't say it.

"Wake up Jen, open your eyes. He's right there and he loves you, why must you crawl back into the past?" she said with her tone about to just be calm.

"I'm not crawling back into the past, I'm finding what I've lost before it all slips away" I answered straightforward.

"DON'T FIND IT!" she yelled.

"What the hell do you want me to do?" I asked when I got so annoyed with her.

"Just focus on what matters" she said.

"One day you will wake up and regret the day you didn't focus on what truly matters and when that day comes, it'll be over and it'll be too late for you to set eyes on that one person. He's here now, don't let him slip away!" she continued.

I don't know how our argument went from staying away from Yoobin to my relationship with Jiyong.

"Taeyang matters to me too"

"You are so damn lucky you are my sister because if you weren't, those scratches on your face would be worst. But let me tell you something, Jiyong~Oppa deserves to be loved and he deserves to be treated right, don't take advantage of the love he is sending your way... Grow up Jen, open your eyes and see what's right in front of you" she finished and walked upstairs.

I stared straight without blinking, next thing I know I was crying. 20 years of being together, she has never said such words to me. If it was coming from a complete stranger I don't think it'll matter but it was coming from one of the important girl in my life, the girl who knows me inside and out. I just don't get what makes her say such a thing to me and I don't know how we got from Yoobin to Jiyong, I'm smart enough to figure out they are two different people and there's no connection whatsoever. I quickly opened my phone and dialled a number.

'BOO! You've reached me, congratulations. Leave your message after the beep'

*Beep*

{"Hey. What happened to us? I mean we use to be so close, like your whole world revolved around me and vice versa. It seems like you left me all by myself again and I can't seem to find my way... I don't know who I am and what I need anymore. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I need you right now and I love you... I'll see you soon, boyfriend"}

With that I hanged up the phone and curled into a ball on the sofa and continued crying, for once I was alone and Jiyong wasn't there to save me.