Broadcast

Somewhere in Between

[Jen]

"I'm perfectly ready for you... for us. I'd love to date you" he said.

Okay I did not see that coming.

I looked at him and I smiled. I raised an eyebrow and punched him lightly on his chest then sighed. At some point of our conversation I thought he was kidding but most of the words he was saying came from his heart and I know there was a lot of sincerity in it.

"Are you asking me out?"

"No pressure"

"I'd be glad to" I replied and laid my head on his chest.

So much for being perfectly ready for me and him, I heard his heartbeat increase; do I really do that to him?

"Perfectly ready right?" I teased.

"Look no pressure, I mean it."

"Yeah I know"

"Why but?" he asked me while he caress my hair.

"Why what?"

"Why would you date me?" he continued asking.

"Because I want to."

I slowly got up from laying my head from his chest and looked into his eyes. It was the first time I actually looked into his eyes – those dark orbs that continually watches over me whenever I stumble.

"I'm not doing this because you're pressuring me, I said yes because it's the right thing to do. You've been there for me and..."

He released himself from me and got up from the bed. He then stood by the bed staring at me.

"Don't do this. I don't want you to date me because you feel responsible for all the things I did to you. I did it because I love taking care of you and I love it because it's you but in the end of the day I don't want you to feel like you need to be with me because I've been good to you. I have to go" he said and walked out on me.

I lay on bed processing what he was saying. When it struck me I quickly got out of bed and started running down the stairs. On the last three steps I stumbled and started falling.

"JEN!" Jiyong yelled and he was right next to me in an instant.

"I think I'm falling for you" Jaellie teased as she walks passed me and I saw her sat on top of the stairs fiddling with her phone and I know she's just there to eavesdrop.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Jiyong asked while I hold onto my knee.

"Yeah I'll be fine. Look Ji, I didn't mean what I said back there, I mean you didn't even let me finish" I answered.

"I didn't have to, I know where you were going" he said while caressing my knee.

"Did you know I was going to finish with, because it's you?" I asked and his head turned to me confused.

"You remember one night when you told me that it's simply because of me and I asked you what it meant and you told me one day it'll make sense to me?"

"Yeah"

"It now makes sense, well for me. For me it means that I mean so much to you that you do all those things for me and now I understand that's not the only reason why you said that... it's because you like me. Now, I'm dating you because it's you and I like you, I really want to date you. You're going to turn my black and white world into rainbows and someday I'll make yours as colourful as mine" I said and I saw a smile from his face.

"And that my Ji makes me weak" I continued and pointed at his face.

He pulled me into a hug and then kissed me on my forehead.

"My life is as colourful as yours already" he replied and hugged me tighter.

"I'll see you later at the conference then"

"I'm not going" I replied.

"Oh you are, Junsu and the rest of the guys are going as well because they need to be there but the point is they want you to take the official pictures and babe I know that's too much to ask but they need you to be there, they can't get enough of you"

"Okay I'll be there, only because you're there" I said.

"Alright I can't pick you up but maybe you can ask Jaellie who's been eavesdropping in our conversation to drop you off. Jaellie you know where the conference is going to be and I want you to take her there safely okay? Because if you don't you'll never see Seungri again" Jiyong said and left with one last kiss on my forehead.

"Bye" I said and I heard the door slam.

"You're going to turn my black and white life into rainbows" Jaellie teased as she runs down the stairs and sat next to me.

"Is it wrong? Or is it too fast? Or what?" I asked while stuttering.

"I'm happy for you and it's your choice. You have the rights to be happy and now get out of your pyjamas, brush your teeth and get your camera ready because you and Jiyong is about to conquer the world" she said and tapping me against the shoulder, then ran upstairs.

"Yeah, the world with Taeyang in it" I said and sighed.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Taeyang]

"We'll be ready for the both of you in 5 minutes" the staff said.

I was back stage waiting for my cue to come out on that stand and announce to the world that Yoobin and I are together. I know it's supposed to be the best day of my life; announcing my love to the whole world with the most wonderful girl but for some reason there's this vital part of me that's missing and I don't know if I can ever find it again.

"You sure you want to do this today?" Yoobin asked as she locks her hands with mine.

"Yeah why should we delay right?" I replied and kissed her one the cheeks.

. . . . .

We stepped out backstage only to find Jiyong and Jen walking hand in hand. As they walk passed us I felt like the missing piece of me somehow became bigger and the pieces left in me became lesser. Somehow I know it's over, but most of the times I just miss my best friend. The one who've always been there when heartache attacks, when tears comes rushing and when the world is coming to an end, she's there telling me that everything is going to be okay even if she knows sometimes they won't be. I just miss her, I missed us.

"Time to go" Yoobin whispered, I nodded my head and started tailing Jiyong and Jen.

They looked happy together and I guess the right words for this are I'm happy for them. She hasn’t smiled like that since the last time I got her that necklace.

We got out and we were surrounded by flashing cameras and microphones that is waiting for me to say the things I needed to say. Then there was the people we love and treasure were there standing by watching in front of us. The BIG BANG members and the director of both entertainments were sitting by along with me and Yoobin. Cameras still flashing, I looked around and one of those cameras was the camera of the girl who was once important to me – Jen. She hasn't changed her camera; it's still the same one we bought for her.

Everything else out and all the lights were just flashing on one girl and you might think it's Yoobin but it's not, it's Jen. The lights on Yoobin are just dark and confusing but the lights on Jen were like my way, the way.

"Mr Taeyang, I understand that you and Yoobin have some announcement to make" one of the reporters said.

Yoobin looked at me and smiled.

"Yes we do" she said and locked her hands with mine again.

"We're officially announcing our relationship" she continued.

"How long has it been?"

"We have been together for quite some time. We would like to keep all the other details to ourselves, we like our privacy but the only reason why we are doing this is to clarify a lot of things that's been floating around on magazines and the internet. Even though me and Taeyang have been together for so long I am not pregnant and I don't think I will be for a while so please stop those rumours about me" she said and everyone laughed.

I was focus on nothing but her... Jen I mean.

It's been a tough beginning for the both of us and somewhere along that beginning I saw hope and a light – a light I thought could save us.

"Taeyang?" Yoobin whispered while nudging me.

"Huh? Sorry I was preoccupied... What was the question?"

"The other thing you wanted to tell them as well" she said.

I looked at her and she was smiling. She was ready to tell to whole world, I was well I was scared about what I got myself into.

"My year with Yoobin had been rough. We lied to each other so we could keep each other, we cried together so we can understand every emotions we've been keeping inside but through all of it here we are announcing our love for each other all over Korea maybe the whole world and I'm proud to be sitting her and pledging my love to her" I said and looked at Yoobin.

"Before I go on, I'd like to say something if it wasn't for a girl I once loved I would have never opened my heart to someone like Yoobin. I was the player type back then but I'm all about love; yes I admit I change girlfriends here and there but I never lost sight of what really matters and she mattered to me. But along the way of not losing sight of what really matters, I lost sight of the one girl who gave me the meaning to life and I regret it. But along the way she showed how hard it was to lose someone you really love and I don't want that to happen again, so I'm committing myself into this relationship with every heartbeat and as long as I'm breathing I'll love her. I don't want to disappoint another girl I love so last night when I called her out around 3 in the morning, we went out to this park and I got on one knee and asked her to marry me. We're engaged" I announced.

Everyone was shocked and questions started arising. Though I know it's hurting her and it will hurt her later on in life I had to do it. Sometimes the past is just not enough to heal everything you feel inside. The past is only an excuse to escape what's right in front of you and I don't want to escape anymore I need to face what's right here and what's coming for me.

I searched around the room and couldn't find the light I was looking for. Everything else just came all at once, the lights were overpowering and that wasn't the light I was looking for. I was looking for just one light, the light that would tell me everything will be alright... Jen was that light but she wasn't there.

"So when's the wedding?"

"We haven't really decided but when we do we will let you know" Yoobin said and pulled me into a kiss.

"Okay, enough with Taeyang and his future wife. I also have an announcement to make" Jiyong said as he rises from his chair.

He looked around for a while and then smiled. I looked to where he was looking and found Jen holding her camera confused yet happy.

"People have reasons to fall in love. They also have reasons why they fall out of love but I was the kind of person who never wanted to let anyone in or wanted to be close to somebody but when I first saw her down at that front porch wearing that black dress with red straps I knew my heart skipped a beat and it only kept skipping whenever she would call me when her heart breaks. I want you all to meet my beautiful girlfriend, Jenifer Chu" he said and Junsu and the rest of 2PM boys started pushing Jen onto the platform.

Jiyong took her by the hand and kissed on the forehead, the way I use to.

"She's the most beautiful girl I have ever met and anyone who tries to break her will just make her a better and stronger person and I'm going to love her for that. So to all the girls all over the world, I'm in love and this is where my future is" he said and gave Jen a hug.

There they were the two people who equalled my life with so much love, broadcasting their love without caring about what the world will say and I sat there watching and wondering what if it was us? I said I was happy for them but I know deep inside there's this thing that's not going to be happy but a bigger thing inside of me is telling me to do the right thing and marrying Yoobin is a way of doing a right thing.