Separate Ways

Somewhere in Between

 

[Taeyang]

Goodbye is another word for farewell. It's a word you say when you depart with someone. Goodbye for some people is just like saying goodnight and I'll see you tomorrow but for me it was like saying I'll see you on the other side. When you break someone's heart to pieces and break it even more it's the most hideous thing you can ever do to someone's life.

Jen meant the world to me and I couldn't bear see her suffer anymore. She deserved so much better than me. I pinned the pictures I took from Jen's room into the corkboard I bought and stuck it against the wall. My jaw was still hurting from the punch I got from Jiyong last night when he came back home from Jen's house.

= x Flashback x =

"WHERE'S TAEYANG?" I heard Jiyong yell from outside. I placed the pictures onto my bed and headed out.

"Hyung?" I said and he didn't reply out of anger he landed a punch on my face.

"I told you not to hurt her anymore Taeyang" he said.

Seungri helped me up while TOP-Hyung holds Jiyong away from me.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?" Jiyong yelled. I've never seen him so overprotective over girls before, this is the first.

He was burning in anger.

"Hyung I told her to be happy"

"AND YOU THINK IT WAS THE RIGHT TIME?"

"There's never a right time" I said and walked away.

= x End of Flashback x =

Jiyong won't forgive me for awhile. I think Jen reminds him of the sister he hardly sees now that she has a store.

"Babe?" I heard Yoobin called from outside. When I went back home yesterday I didn't call Yoobin, I didn't even open my door for her.

I got up and opened the door. She was standing there staring at me and smiled.

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry"

"You know I wish with every sorry you say I can bring back something good in my life." I said.

"You haven't picked up any of my calls or messaged me, I was getting worried" she said.

"Maybe I didn't want to talk to anyone"

"Taeyang what is this about?"

"Yoobin, I've been wanting to talk to you to be honest I just didn't have the guts to say anything to you and plus I've been really depressed. But Ummm"

"You want to break up with me?"

"No, I just want to cool off for awhile. I don't want to take things out on you, it's unfair. I know we've talked about the things you did in the past but somehow I'm starting to realise just how wrong it was for you to do so but at the same time I want to keep you right here, so for the sake of our love, please let me have this cool off with you. I don't know how long it's going to be but I have to do this, I don't want to hurt you in any way" I explained.

"If that's what you want" she said.

I examined her face closely when I remembered what Jaellie told me yesterday. She had a lot of foundation today and she doesn't normally wear them when she comes to see me.

"Hard make up much?" I said and she flinched.

"Yeah I got beaten up yesterday, damn she was tough" she said and took a sit on my bed.

"You had it coming though, Jaellie told me"

"That girl is a fighter too. If I pissed her off even more I would have gotten double what I have now but she was right I had it coming"

"Just leave Jen alone from now on Yoobin okay? Whatever happened between me and her it’s obviously over. She made herself very clear and I am not going to stand against what she decides. Let her be happy" I said.

"I really am sorry I came in between you both" she said and released a smile.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jen]

"Yah girly how come you haven't move an inch from your laptop?" Mum asked after 30 minutes of observing me.

"Just thinking" I replied.

Last night took a big blow on me, I didn't see it coming although I already knew I turned my back on Taeyang, I didn't know that he would do the same.

'Babe, go on and be happy... It's time to let go' kept replaying in my head. Did he really want me to be happy without him? Is this really the end of me and Taeyang? Are we not gonna be able to get through this?

"ARGHHH!!!" I suddenly screamed which caused my mum to fall off my bed.

"Mum please just get out for awhile since you won't even tell me why you're here" I said.

"Oh yeah I want you to come with me to Jaellie's house, your auntie and I have a surprise for you"

"For me?"

"Stop asking and just come" she said and dragged me off my bed.

= x = x =

"MA, what do you have for me?" I said while trying to see through the blindfold.

"Close your eyes for two seconds" I heard Jaellie said.

"Jae? When did you get here?"

"OPEN THEM" I heard them chorus.

I slowly opened my eyes and there was a small house covered with white painting along with black patterns.

"You got me a house?" I said and chuckled.

"Look inside"

I slowly walked towards the house and opened the door. It was so dark; I couldn't see anything that was inside. Then suddenly a dark yellow-ish light .

"TADA! Welcome to your own dark room." My mum announced.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? But why is it at Jaellie's backyard?"

"Well we couldn't build it at our house without you knowing so we decided to do it here and plus Jaellie will be back to her house so we decided to let you stay here for your artwork and stuff. These little houses are for you, one is to develop your work while the other is for you to design/display your work. We bought you a bed for your mini house just in case you need to rest and stuff like that" mum explained.

I looked behind me and there was a house bigger than my dark room. The door had my name painted over it; I slowly walked towards it and opened it. There was a mini bed covered with butterfly sheet on the left corner while on the right corner there was a long table covered with photo albums and some of my stuff from the house. There was developed pictures overlaying each other as well, it was so messy. The house was painted light purple; there was a mini chandelier on the ceiling. There was also a corkboard stuck onto the wall with pictures of me and Jaellie with the heading 'Sisters for Life’; I giggled a little just how much effort they put into it.

"Ma, why waste your money on such things?" I asked when they entered the house.

"Jen-ah, your mum didn't spend money on this I did. This big house is pretty empty, this backyard needed something to fill up the space and Jaellie didn't want a pool so here it is. I'll be moving in with your mum so you and Jaellie can have this house all to yourselves just make sure you don't break anything okay?" she said and gave me a hug.

Jaellie's house was a mansion, much bigger than mine and my mum's. It was a black and gold mansion, it's beautiful. It's hard to describe in words because every bit of the house is perfectly structured.

"Are you sure?" I asked while staring at her.

"100%, well I and your mum have to go and move some of our stuff to your house. Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to call us if needed okay?" she said and gave me a hug, then my mum kissed me on the cheeks and left me and Jaellie there.

"How long have they been building this?" I asked.

"Quite awhile... You okay? You look so pale"

"Been up all night working on an essay I have to hand in for the school I'm applying at"

"Applying for a school?" she asked confused.

"Umm not really it's like a training session and stuff like that but you get pay even though you are just training" I replied.

"Jen, I'm" she started and I already know where she was heading with it. I know that she wanted to tell me how sorry she is for what happened to me and Taeyang.

"I'm okay" I assured her.

"But you were crying in the rain, if I didn't call Taeyang me and Jiyong wouldn't have found you"

"I said I'm okay, let's forget it"

"What exactly did he say?"

"He said he was sorry and that it was time to move on"

"That's it? It's over?"

"Yeah... Guess we are going our separate ways now" I ended and laid flat on the bed.