Complicated Reasons

Somewhere in Between

 

[Jen]

"It's always good to have a fresh start right?" I said. He released a smile and I can tell he was thinking I was weird.

"YAH, I'm not acting weird okay. This is for the best okay?"

"Araso, whatever you want" he replied.

I extended my hand towards him and he gladly took it.

"I'm Jen Chu. 20 years of age, I just came back from Paris and I am looking for a job. I have a half sister name Jaellie, a very close friend called Jiyong and a bestfriend name Taeyang. I'm very pleased to meet you" I said happily.

This is a way for us to start our relationship fresh, I want to stand aside for now because I thought about what Yoobin said. Taeyang means a lot to me so I want to be able to support him in whatever it is he wants to do. I want to be the bestfriend he expects me to be.

"Jen you are serious" he said and chuckled a little.

"Hi, I'm Dong Young Bae or Taeyang. I'm 21 years old and I'm a singer in a band called Big Bang. We are currently on top of our game. I have a girlfriend named Kim Yoobin, a close sister-like friend named Jaellie and a bestfriend name Jen. I'm very pleased to meet you" he said and chuckled again.

"See it wasn't that bad was it. Let's forget about the past and keep looking ahead on our future. I want our friendship to be stronger than the last, I promise to be nicer and to be there for you in every decision you make. I promise to not get jealous anymore and to just be there as your friend." I said.

"Jen you don't have to" he replied while holding onto my hand.

"I want to. Come on I'm hungry, I haven't really eaten and we need to catch up on things that happened to me while I was in Paris" I said while pulling him off the swing and straight to house.

= x = x =

"So do you have a picture of this Donghae guy?" Jaellie asked excitedly while lying down my bed.

"Yeah show us" Jiyong encouraged as he walks into my room.

I started going through my bags trying to look for the photo albums, I found the one Donghae and I created a week before I left Paris.

"That's him" I said as I point in a picture where I was pinching Donghae's cheeks and he was smiling happily.

"He's gorgeous. How come you didn't go for him?"

"He has a girlfriend in case you have forgotten. He was nice but he wasn't my type and plus I didn't go to Paris to pick up guys" I answered and laid down my bed.

"Right. Right. You went there to get over the noob downstairs, didn't even work what a waste of one year" Jaellie said as she sits up.

Jiyong sat next to Jaellie staring at me unpacked my stuff.

"Seriously let's just pretend I knew about their relationship before I came back okay? I don't really want to have any more heartaches, I mean I had a year full of those, it's depressing I tell you. It was so hard for me to cope in Paris and then that friend of mine thought I was having a thing with Donghae made it worst" I said.

"What happened anyway?" Taeyang asked as he stands against the wall.

"Really want to know?"

They all nodded in unison.

"Well it was my 5th month in Paris and I still wasn't use to the time difference and stuff like that. So every morning Donghae would come down to our dorm to wake me up because Hye Won and I were in different classes. She was in an earlier class than me so she leaves the dorm before me but since Donghae and I are in the same class he comes in the morning with breakfast and he wakes me up. Then one time Hye Won forgot something in our dorm and Donghae was tickling me so I would get out of bed, she got the wrong idea of course. She thought I was flirting with Donghae and vice versa. She got so pissed for like weeks, she didn't talk to me and stuff like that" I explained while I sit on top of my luggage.

"How did it stop?" Jaellie asked.

"Well Donghae confessed to her. This is what he said, I'm quoting from him directly "Yes I might have a little crush on her because you have been so distant lately and she was the one there for me. But seriously Hye Won I thought about it a few times, I mean breaking up with you but the more I thought about it the more reason I fell in love with you. Crazy I know but I love you and whatever crush I had on Jen is nothing compare to the love for you" that's exactly what he said. I laughed at him when he was telling me because I didn't even know he had crush on me. So after that confession, she apologized to me and yes we're good friends." I continued to explain.

"NAWWW how sweet is this Donghae guy, I got to meet him" Jaellie said.

"Right let's see what Seungri will say about that" Taeyang teased. Jiyong then stood up and walked my way. He patted my head a little and smiled.

"Well it was nice to have you back Jen. I got to get back to the dorm, hectic schedule tomorrow so I can't really stay for long. I'll come back in the end of the day if you want?" he said.

"Nah its cool, I'm busy all day tomorrow too."

"Wae?" he said confused.

"Job hunting and applying for a 2 month course for music" I answered.

"Music? If you want to learn music I know someone who can teach you for free" he said.

"Really? Who?"

"ME!" he said and laughed. 
"No I'm just kidding. I can talk to one of my girl friends and ask her for you and I'll get back to you on it okay? I'll see you real soon" he said and finished with a kiss on the cheeks.

"Thanks for today, see you" I said as I waved goodbye.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Taeyang]

I watched as Jen happily unpacks her bags. Jiyong left not long ago and Jaellie went downstairs to help her mum with whatever it is she bought from the shops. I sat by the window watching Jen, she's still the same, well besides the long hair, the glasses and she did grow an inch.

"What?" she asked when she realised I was staring at her.

"Nothing" I replied.

"Nothing? You have been staring at me from the moment you walked in that door"

"Well I guess I just missed you, I mean one year was long"

"Yeah well you would have never missed me that much if you kept in contact with me" she replied jokingly followed by a chuckled. She then walked towards me and sat opposite to me.

"I was kidding Taeyang don't take it to the heart" she continued and stuck her tongue at me.

"Jen I had my reasons why I didn't call or message, it's complicated"

"It is fine I told you. We started afresh remember?" She answered and walked back to her luggage and continued unpacking.

'Jen I really did have complicated reasons. I really can't let you know right now because I know if I do tell you, you're gonna worry more about me than worry more about yourself. I loved you that much that I was willing to hid my reasons, I just hope you'll understand them when I explain to you'

"Taeyang are you even listening?" she asked.

"Uh-Yeah- NO!" I replied.

"As I was saying shouldn't you go to your dorm? Busy day tomorrow right?" she said.

"Ah yeah, I should head back. Are you sure you're okay now?"

She smiled and nodded her head. I stood up from the window and walked towards her. I stood in front of her and looked her in the eyes. She was happy; I saw relief in her eyes. I leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead. She smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheeks.

"Don't push yourself too much okay?" she said and waved.

I walked outside the door and saw Jaellie leaning against the wall.

"You'll tell her Taeyang, because if you don't I will" she said and walked off. I grabbed her by the wrist before she could walk away further.

"It's complicated and I don't think my reasons are qualified for leaving her in the dark for one year"

"Qualified or not she out of all the people have the rights to know" she replied
and released herself from my grabbed and walked into her room.

I sighed to myself and headed downstairs. I said my goodbyes to the mums and drove myself back to the dorm.

= x = x =

"You're home" Jiyong greeted as he sits himself in front of the PLASMA TV that the manager just gave us.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked as I sat down next to him.

"Why didn't you tell her?" he replied and raised one eyebrow.

"I couldn't"

"Not that you couldn't, you didn't want to"

"You have a point there but thank you for taking care of her for me"

"It's okay; she's a friend to me too. By the way did you and her talk about why you didn't message her or keep in contact with her?" he asked all of a sudden.

"No she's happy now GD I don't want to mess with her anymore and plus we started afresh already"

"If you say so but in the end of the day you will tell her all about it still" he said and stood up.

How come everyone's telling me to tell her my reasons? Don't they know how hard it is for me?