For Him

Somewhere in Between

 

[Jen]

“Well I'm gonna have to leave you here because I have tutoring now and I will see you at home and we will talk about this whole drama later okay?” Taeyang said while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

“Okay I'm gonna head over to library to browse through some books and after I'll head home. I don't have any periods left so I'll grab Jaellie to come by the house and catch up with some stuff we've missed out on while she was on holidays” I said and we went our separate ways.

“JEN”

“Is this who I think it is?” I said and turned around to find Jaellie smiling at me widely.

“What did Japan do to you?” I asked sarcastically.

“Oh stop it as much as I loved Japan I can never abandon my half sister until she finally confess to the guy she's loved for so long now”

“I miss you too sis” I said and hugged her.

“I saw you having a chat with Taeyang, I didn't want to disturb it was a little intense like always. Come on Jen how long will this take?” she asked while holding the door for me.

“Jae you will never understand” I said and winked at her.

“So tell me again how did we become sisters?”

“When our dad happen to have done it on the same night and both our mum's are too dumb to even realise that it happened until we were born. Worst thing comes to worst they were best friends” I said and she started chuckling.

“Why are we in the library?”

“I want to browse through some books, get my mind off things” I said as I grab one of Jane Austin's books.

“Where are we going after?”

“My house we need to catch up and I need those presents you bought me from Japan”

“Yeah I dropped them off this morning, your mum went berserk with the presents I gave her” 
“Let's go?” she said once we stepped out of the library.

We were on the way to Jaellie's car when we stopped by the corner and saw Taeyang kissing some girl near by the lockers. I don't know why my heart always does this it's not like this is the first time I've seen him kissing someone before.

“Come on Jen” Jaellie said while pulling me away from the scene.

==--==

“So why do you keep it anyways?” Jaellie said while painting her toenails on my bed.

“I don't know Jae, out of all the equations that I have been trying to figure out that must have been the hardest question ever” I said while putting on the dress she got from Japan.

“That looks good on you. All I want is for you to be happy Jen and I don't think seeing Taeyang like this all the time is making it easier for you”

“I really don't mind, my heart will get use to the idea one day”

“You've been saying the same thing for almost all our lives now” she said while going through my mails.

“Don't you have anything better to do than go through my stuff”

“What's this?” she said while opening one of the envelopes.

“OH MY GOD JEN! This is a chance of a lifetime; a photography school in Paris? How come you haven't opened it? Are you serious about this?” she said while tugging my dress down.

“I haven't opened it because I already know what's in it since that's the 3rd letter they sent and Are you crazy? 1 year in Paris just for a photography school just to learn how to adjust the lenses on our SLR. It's a waste time when I can do it right here at Seoul Academy”

“That's not the point, you've always talked about how I should take opportunities that come my way and how I should not think about doing it but just do it. Here's a chance for you to go out and you know do what really want to do and I think you should take it” she continued.

I grabbed the letter off her hand and started tearing it apart.

“HEY STOP IT!” she said while trying to pull it away from me but she was too late. 
“This isn't about wasting time in Paris is it?”

“Of course it is. C'mon Jae I'm not going to waste my money so that I could learn more about cameras” I lied.

“Don't be ridiculous! I know Taeyang is behind this reason again and I'm not going to allow him to break you apart like this. What is this all about Jen? Tell me”

“It's just another thing I'm giving up for him” I said as I looked out the window.