Happy Day!

Somewhere in Between

 

[Jiyong]

"If tears could still fall from these eyes, I would still cry a thousand tears for you" Jaellie said while staring intently on the monitor of the screen like it is the last time she would stare at it. She's been sitting on that computer ever since 8 this morning, me and Jen sat across her studying every move she was doing. Every time she hits the keyboard she would always have that angry face on like she wanted to break the whole thing in one blow.

"I hate the way we got..." she continued.

I looked at Jen and she wasn't as amazed as I was.

"She talks to herself whenever she's doing something"

"ARGHHHH!!! PISS OFF" she yelled so suddenly that she threw her laptop on the ground. Me and Jen stood up in unison then stared at Jaellie so confused. She's been burning in anger the whole morning.

"YAH ELLIE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Jen yelled while picking up the laptop. Jaellie was lucky her laptop didn't shatter on the floor because of the carpet on the kitchen.

"Shut up Jen" she said and ran out.

"Okay what the hell is up her today?" Jen asked while staring at me.

"Beats me" I replied.

We really didn't know what was up with her. She was fine last night before I left the house, she was laughing and happily talking to her friends on the internet then she woke up this morning doing a 360 of attitude.

"Forget her I'll talk to her later. She needs her space right now, she wouldn't be happy with me tailing her around" Jen said and closed Jaellie's laptop and sat back down next to me.

"What do you think got her steaming up this way?"

"I only have one person in mind..."

"SEUNGRI!" we said in unison.

I quickly dialed Seungri's number and waited 'till he answered.

{"Hyung what's up?"

"Did you have a fight with Jaellie?"

"No, where the hell did you get that from?"

"She ran out on me and Jen angry and upset. Are you sure you didn't do anything to her?"

"Yes I'm sure. I just got off the phone with her and I'm pretty sure we ended our conversation with an I love you"

"So it's not you then?"

"Yep. She didn't sound upset when she was talking to me, she sounded so happy so I didn't ask"

"Araso, I'll see you later then"

"Oh Hyung before I forget, JYP called not long ago they said to meet up at the building in half an hour and Junsu Hyung said bring Jen to take photos while we practice."

"Is it necessary to do so?"

"Yes it is she can't keep avoiding him. Someday, somewhere they will meet each other even without us knowing. It's better now than later"

"Araso, don't be annoying"} I said and hanged up.

"So what did he say?" Jen asked while tugging onto my jacket.

"It's not him and he told me to tell you that Junsu is asking you to take photos of us while practicing" I broke to her.

"Alright, I'll get ready" she said happily then started skipping her way up stairs. I grabbed her before she could take another step and she looked at me with the innocent confused look.

"Don't force yourself Jen"

"I'm not. I know they are both going to be there but I want you to promise me one thing" she said.

"Yeah?"

"Keep me away from both of them" she said and smiled.

I nodded my head and let her go.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jen]

We arrived at the JYP building just in time. I had my SLR on the side of me while Jiyong carries on his left hand my laptop while his right hand was placed on my shoulders. I looked up and he shot another one of those smiles that I really didn't want to see. At the entrance I saw Junsu standing all cool with his hat to the side, his baggy jeans and jumper leaning against the wall.

"Jiyong!" we heard someone yelled behind us.

Jiyong and I both turned around in unison and saw Sohee waving her hands so happily. Jiyong and I looked at each other and giggled a little.

"There's your girlfriend" I teased while whispering.

"Long time no see" she greeted him.

I couldn't help but smile to me, Jiyong looked so uncomfortable that he held onto my hand.

"Don't exaggerate, I saw you last night" Jiyong replied then turned his back on Sohee. I felt a little squeeze on my hand and he laughed.

"Wait" Sohee said.

"WHAT?" Jiyong said annoyed.

Sohee came close to me and looked at me with one eyebrow raised. Then she took a step back and looked at me up and down.

"Excuse me; if you're finished examine the girl who punched your best friend and who might do the same to you, can I go now?" I said and pulled Jiyong away from her. Jiyong and I kept walking 'till we reached Junsu. As soon as Junsu saw me and Jiyong he smiled and looked down on our hands. I've forgotten Jiyong was still holding onto me. But even though we realised that Junsu was staring at us, we still hold onto each other like we were dating.

"I'll help you with that" Junsu said and took my SLR off me.

I bowed my head and we all headed inside.

Everyone was there and everyone greeted me and Jiyong with a smile. Jay and Wooyoung helped me set my laptop so I can fiddle around with it while they take a break later on. Jiyong didn't separate from me, every minute he was next to me telling me jokes to keep me smiling. The practice was about to start, everyone was ready.

"Jiyong-shii where's Taeyang?" one of the staff asked.

"Here" I heard a familiar voice said behind me. I didn't dare turn around instead I grabbed Jiyong's hand and held onto it tightly that if his hands could breathe, it would have died by now.

"Good we start in 10" the staff said and walked away.

"Yoobin you're best friends been looking for you, you should head backstage and take Taeyang with you. Taeyang go and change and be quick araso" Jiyong commanded.

"He's gone, you can loosen your grip now" he said.

I took a deep breath and started adjusting my camera. Junho was quietly playing games on my laptop; Jay was on stage talking with Nichkhun and one of the staff. Seungri and the rest of the guys were still backstage changing. I haven't seen Taecyeon and Chansung anywhere. The WG members besides Yoobin and Sohee were waiting patiently on the chairs in front of the stage. 2AM was there as well, Jo Kwon was mocking around at the bottom of the stage dancing like a girl while the rest of 2AM laughs out loud.

"Jiyong I..." I turned around and saw Taeyang staring at me. He looked down at the hand that was intertwined with Jiyong and I saw the shock reaction coming from him. I bowed my head towards him and unlock my hand from Jiyong's then turned around and walked to Junho.

"Oh Jen I saw some of the pictures you've taken, I hope you don't mind" he said when I reached him.

I smiled at him and said it was okay.

"Okay guys gather around" the staff yelled.

Taeyang and Yoobin walked passed me holding onto each other's hand, Taeyang didn't look back at all while Yoobin looked at me in a very teasing way.

"Ignore her, I'll be off to practice now please take good pictures of me" Jiyong said and winked at me.

= x = x =

Practice was over for now. They were on their break, everyone went their separate way. I took a lot of pictures and during those times Taeyang couldn't stop looking at me, but never did I meet his eyes. I just couldn't look at them right now; I didn't want to look at them. I saw him smile here and there and it was already stabbing my heart but I had to stay strong.

"Jen can you call Jay at the back?" Chansung asked.

I nodded my head and placed my camera on the table. In a quick flash Jiyong was next to me asking if I was alright.

"Go back and rest, I'll be quick" I said and he nodded his head.

I was on the way to 2PM's changing room when I saw Taeyang and Taecyeon arguing. They didn't realise I was there and they just kept fighting. Taecyeon was yelling at Taeyang while Taeyang just replies with his normal voice and not looking at Taec.

"As much as it hurts you, it hurts her the most!" Taecyeon demanded.

"This is really none of your business. Why do you people keep bothering me about my problems?"

"Because you're stubborn and you only care about yourself" Taecyeon accused.

His words felt like it was hitting me more than it was hitting Taeyang. Taeyang, the guy who is strong just stands there taking everything Taecyeon was throwing his way.

"Do you really not care about Yoobin?"

"None of your business" Taeyang replied.

I saw the anger in Taecyeon's eyes; I saw his right hand bawled into a fist. He slowly raised his arm and was about to hit Taeyang. I quickly ran towards him and positioned myself in the middle. He saw me and he looked shocked, he lowered his fist and stared at me.

"He's right Taec; it's none of your business or anyone's for that matter. This is between them both and violence won't solve anything. If you really feel like you need to protect Yoobin and you feel like you need to lessen the pain she's feeling, start with me. You can't go forward to Taeyang without having to go through me. Yoobin hates me and it's going to stay that way, don't take it all out on Taeyang" I said.

"Miane Jen. Sorry Taeyang"

I stepped aside looking at both of them.

"Keep these issues to yourselves; don't let it distract you from doing this collaboration together. Shake hands and be friends" I said.

Taecyeon released a smile and extended his hand towards Taeyang. Taeyang shook it and he released another smile. I smiled because of what just happened. I bow my head towards both of them and walked away from them.

= x = x =

It was the end of the day. Everyone was laying down the floor, exhausted.

"Miss Chu please come over here" the staff called me.

I walked over and he started discussing with me about the photos I have taken. I created a folder for all the pictures he wanted to keep and asked me to create an album and a slideshow for, and then I made another folder for those silly photos the boys took while they were on their breaks.

"Thank you and here's your pay for the day" he said and handed me an envelope.

"Aniya, its fine, I'm doing this because Junsu chose me" I said and pushed the envelope back towards his way.

"It is okay you earned it."

I took the envelope because I didn't want to piss him off. I bowed my head and started packing my laptop in the bag.

"Ready to go?" Jiyong asked.

He was sweating like hell; I grabbed my back pack and took out a towel. I normally carry these sorts of things in my bag because I'm a bit clumsy. I started wiping his sweat off and he looked at me shocked.

"The least I could do" I said and smiled at him.

"Now I'm ready to go" I continued.

He grabbed the laptop of me and we said our goodbyes to the guys. Taeyang smiled at me a little and bowed his head. When Jiyong saw just how uncomfortable I was he grabbed my hand and shot a smirk. I saw the smile wipe off Taeyang's face and then Yoobin came into the picture. I looked away shaking all the images of Taeyang smiling.

"Want to eat?" Jiyong asked as soon as we stepped out the building.

"Yeah but can we just buy pizza and take it home? I'm sure Jaellie hasn't eaten anything" I replied and he nodded his head.

. . . . .

"Ellie I bought you pizza" I said when she opened the door.

She didn't say anything and just walked away from me. I guess she's still mad ever since this morning.

"Still unhappy?" Jiyong asked when we reached the table.

"Guess so"

We were silent for awhile. I was thinking about the incident that happened between Taeyang and Taecyeon, I think now I fully understand what Taeyang was feeling that day when he came over to talk to me about Yoobin.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, just thinking"

"Sorry" he said all of a sudden.

"Sorry for what?"

"Sorry because you had to stay at JYP when Taeyang was around. I could tell it was hard for you to just be there and put up with him and Yoobin, sorry" he said.

"Loser it is fine, it was actually a happy day for me" I answered and grinned at him. He replied with a big smile on his face, a sign for happiness if you ask me.