Scar

Somewhere in Between

 

[Jen]

Last night went by so quickly. I haven't slept and I mean that literally, Taeyang stayed over and he was pretty heartbroken about the whole Yoobin thing that's why he stayed up crying 'till 3 in the morning. Jiyong will be coming to pick him up soon. Donghae and Jaellie are still asleep; they too, stayed up late last night.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I quickly headed for the door so the person doorbell-ing won't press it again.

"Morning" Jiyong greeted as soon as he saw my face.

"Yeah morning, come in"

We walked to the kitchen and I prepared some coffee for him.

"What is Taeyang doing here anyway?" he started when I took a sit next to him.

"Yoobin and he had a fight. He just needed someone to talk to about it and I was the best choice" I explained as I took a sip of my coffee.

I can feel Jiyong examining my face here and there. I turned to look at him but he quickly looks away.

"I haven't slept if that's what you're wondering about"

"Serious? Don't you have work today?"

"Not today. They said I'm only working every Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday"

"Really? That's good you have a break here and there"

"What about you? What's the plan for today?"

"We have to record for our BIG BANG TV, interview after then going to JeJu Island for some photo shoot stuff then back to the studio to record for our mini album. After that we have to practice because we will be appearing in 'Chocolate' then that's my whole day" he said and finished with a sigh.

"Hectic day huh?"

"Yeah sure is"

"I'll go wake Taeyang up for you okay?" I said and headed upstairs.

= x = x =

I pulled Taeyang's blanket off only to find him half like always, he's been working out pretty good. He looked so good half ... I was about to put his blanket back on when I saw a big scar where his ribs were. As far as I know Taeyang never had a scar there. I was about to touch it when I heard him yawn, I quickly backed away. I was staring at him and his eyes not even there anymore. It's really bad when he cries because you can hardly see his eyes and the more he cries the more it disappears.

"Come on Jiyong's downstairs already" I said as I pulled him up. To my surprise he pulled me into a hug. This hug wasn't just any hug, I felt like there was so much tension into this hug. I was scared, really scared.

"Taeyang?" I asked.

"I'm okay Jen. Go back downstairs, I'm going to go shower first okay?" he said.

I looked at him confused and he just smiled at me. I didn't let it get to me and just headed downstairs.

= x = x =

"We'll be going now, I'll see you all soon" Taeyang said while giving me another scary hug. I tired giving him a warm hug to break the tension but his hug was overpowering me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked again when my curiosity just wouldn't let it go.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'll call you later when my schedule for the day is finished okay?" I nodded my head and he smiled at me. Jiyong waved goodbye and then they were off.

As soon as they were out of sight I headed back to Taeyang's room. Jaellie and Donghae were still sleeping, man who knows what they talked about for so long.

I opened my laptop and browse through Taeyang's picture folder. Back when I was still in college and it was just me, Taeyang and Jaellie; I would always take pictures of them two. I have a separate folder for all the pictures I take. I searched for the pictures that we sent to YG before; the one's where I could see Taeyang's body. I found the one when he was leaning against the door and looking all hot for the camera. I zoomed in to where his ribs were I saw no marks of scar in his skin. Where did the scar come from?

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Taeyang]

"What's wrong?" Jiyong asked as our practice ended. I leaned against the wall huffing and puffing, I was almost breathless. I ignored Jiyong and opened my phone. I saw messages from Jen but none from Yoobin; I guess she's too busy to reply from my 20 messages and about 15 missed calls.

"YB?"

"Oh... Yeah I'm fine. I'll be back in a second, Jen's been calling"

{"Jen?"

"How did your day go? Did I disturb you in any way?"

"No it's fine. I just finished practicing; it's so tiring I just want to collapse right now. How was work?"

"I didn't work today remember, working tomorrow with Donghae. How's Yoobin?"

"She hasn't called or replied to any of my messages. I think she's still angry at me; I might visit her tomorrow and see what's going on with her. What is it that you wanted to talk to me about? It sounded so urgent"

"Oh that, is it okay if you and Jiyong drop by tonight so I can speak to the two of you? Well 3 actually; you, Jaellie and Jiyong"

"About what?"

"About something I just found out. Come over as soon as you can okay? I got to go and do some stuff first"}

Something she just found out? Then suddenly I remembered what happened this morning, she saw me half under the blanket, no doubt she saw it. I quickly ran back inside and searched for Jiyong. I found him on the other side of the floor mocking around with Seungri and Daesung.

"Jiyong" I called. I was panicking already, what excuse should I use to cover up what Jen saw.

"Yes?"

"She saw it"

"Saw what?"

"My scar"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? HOW?"

"When she took off my blanket this morning, I know she saw it then" I explained.

"What did she say?"

"She wants to see us ASAP!" I said and in 1 second he was pulling me out of the building already.

Damn it, how can I be so careless. How can I just take my T-shirt off like that? ARGGHHH... This scar is gonna cost me my friendship with Jen.