Mission

Somewhere in Between

[Taeyang]

I walked inside JYP building to say goodbye to Yoobin for who knows how long. Half of the family were there, from 2PM to other artists. Taecyeon was hovering over Yoobin like he was sort of protecting her. I made my way to her side, Taecyeon quickly moved away from me like I was some disease he doesn't want to have. I was getting sick of him trying to avoid me all the time, I get that he hates me and all but c'mon it's a bit ridiculous that he does.

"Hey" I greeted and gave Yoobin a peck on the lips. She smiled a little and locked her hands with mine. There was at least 20 minutes 'till they leave for the airport. Yoobin took me to the rooftop and she gave me the silent treatment for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes she looked at me and smiled.

"I'm going to miss you, you know" she said.

"Me too, make sure you take care of yourself and the baby for me okay?" I said as I take her into my arms. The Yoobin I'm holding into my arms right now is calm, worry-free.

"Where's your head at Yoobin?"

"Jen" she said keeping me off guard.

"What?"

"I don't know I've been thinking about it lately, you know how cruel I've been to her and to you. I know I'll never be able to take those tears she cried back and I feel guilty for making her feel the way she did. I'm sorry to you too, I'm sorry for making you feel miserable all this time" she said out of the blue.

Is this what it looks like when hell freezes over? I pulled her a few inches away from me to look at her.

"Is everything alright with you?"

"Yeah, I guess I just had a change of heart. I promise when I get back from U.S I'll make it up to both of you, I hope she forgives me though" I continued looking at her and there was no lie in what she was saying, I quickly pulled her to a hug.

"Thanks"

"No problem" she said.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jen]

"I'm going now, are you sure you don't want to go?" Jaellie asked for the millionth times. I nodded my head and smiled faintly at her. She waved goodbye leaving me and Hye Won sitting against the sofa.

"Aren't you like 4 months today?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah I guess I am" she replied while shoving more food in . I was happy that she was finally eating, I was happy that somewhere deep within her she buried her of an ex-boyfriend. I was happy that the baby was well, I was happy altogether.

I didn't have everything but I do have something.

I stared at the ring that Jiyong gave me while holding onto the necklace Taeyang gave me on the other hand. I was missing them both, I couldn't even say goodbye to Jiyong.

"Trying to weigh who weighs more?" Hye Won teased. I shook my head, I laid my head down on her lap and she stared at me while I stared at the ceiling.

"There's the best friend and the boyfriend" I replied.

"Yeah a boyfriend who left you and a best friend who came to find you" she replied. I looked at her confused and pointed straight ahead with her lips. I looked to my side and saw Taeyang standing there smiling at me. I quickly got up and walked towards him. I pulled his jacket along with him outside the house. Rude I know but deal is a deal.

"You know you can't be here!" I said stating the obvious.

"I know but Yoobin's gone I can visit you whenever I want" he replied calmly.

He was annoying me during those moments; it is so easy for him to say those things because he wasn't the one who went down on his knees begging someone to give another person a second chance, that day left a mark too... now I'm scarred for life. The things I do for this guy and he doesn't even give a crap, what a hopeless son of.... I won't continue you know what I mean.

"YAY SHE'S GONE LET'S PARTY!" I replied sarcastically. He looked at me and chuckled.

"Don't I miss you" he said while pulling me into a hug. I quickly pushed him away and stepped a few inches back.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? DO YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR BABY AGAIN?" I yelled angrily. It was early in the bloody morning and I wasn't up for another drama, in case he hasn’t noticed my eyes are smaller than the usual and they can't go any smaller.

"Okay, I'm guessing you didn't get my message?" he said while looking at me bewildered. I stared at him confused and I remembered I turned my phone off the night before because I wasn't up for a chit chat with my mum. I grabbed the phone off my pocket and turned it back on.

'You have 124 VOICEMAILS' one of the messages read. I chuckled to myself because my mum just couldn't stop calling me last night; I even disconnected the house phone. I browsed through the sms and looked for Taeyang’s name and finally after millions of years finding it I found it.

‘Morning sweet girl! :D I guess GOD really do loves us both, Yoobin decided to let me see you. I'll be there in an hour, guess we'd still be holding on' it read. I almost dropped my phone out of my hand. Was I reading it right? Did she have a change of heart? I looked up at Taeyang and he was smiling, I pulled myself together and jumped on him. He caught me with open arms and chuckled, tears started streaming down my eyes. Tears of joy I tell you, tears of joy.

"Did hell freeze over or something?" I asked as I pulled away from the hug.

"I don't know, she even wrote you a letter" he replied handing me a pink envelope with the words 'I'm sorry, please read this one' written on top of it. I grabbed it off Taeyang and took a sit on one of the steps. Taeyang hovered on top of me while I open the envelope.

"I think I'll read this on my own, go cook me some food" I said shooing him away. He bent down kissing the top of my head then he walked inside the house. As soon as the paper was out of the envelope I took a deep breath and unfolded the letter she wrote.

. . . .

After reading the letter I quickly went upstairs, changed my clothes and headed out. Before I stepped out of the front door, Taeyang was calling behind me.

"Where are you going?"

"On a mission, I'll be back before lunch" I said and started running off to the car. I need to find out what this is about... as soon as I stepped inside the car, I buckled my seat belt and drove like there's no tomorrow