His Love For Her

Somewhere in Between

[Jen]

I didn't even realise I had fallen asleep on Jaellie's bed. The room was empty, all the mess that was on the floor last night is now gone. The window curtain was opened a little bit so some light can shine through. I had the biggest headache and most likely the biggest eye bags. I picked up my phone which has been vibrating for I don't know how long and saw Jiyong's name flashing; at least I know he didn't forget he has a girlfriend.

{"Hello?"

"Jen I won't be coming down to see you this morning, I'm busy but I'll see you tonight. Ellie told me you won't be going to work today so you'll just stay home with them. I'll come down as soon as everything is finished, I promise"

"Alright, I'll see you tonight then"

"Bye"}

"Morning" Jaellie greeted as she comes in carrying a tray followed by Hye Won. Hye Won is getting bigger and bigger by the day, looks like Donghae didn't come home again.

"Hey guys, you didn't have to" I said and took the tray. There was bacon and eggs along with two toasts and an orange juice.

"How you feeling? Are you sober?" Hye Won teased.

"Very well, I’m late for work so I don't think I'll be able to finish this" I said and placed the food down on my bed side table. I was about to stand up when the girls pulled me back down.

"I called your work, I told them you're sick and needs to stay home" Jaellie said as she hands me my food again.

"Okay why did you do that?"

"You need the rest and plus someone's been waiting for you downstairs" she answered.

"Who?"

"Taeyang" Hye Won said and within seconds I was in the bathroom.

"Tell him I'll be down there in two seconds" I yelled.

. . . . .

"Morning" Taeyang greeted when I reached the bottom of the floor. I walked over to where he was and gave him a hug.

"Morning, what brings you here?" I asked as we walk to the lounge room.

"Need a friend. I don't really have any nowadays" he replied followed by a yawn.

I examined his face and even though I haven't seen or actually talk to him in a long time I still know whether he's doing okay or not and this right here is something I should be worried about. His eye bags were double the size, his face looking all pale and his lips aren't as red as they were before. I also noticed the weight loss, it's like he hasn't been eating for a month.

"Did you sleep last night?"

"No I couldn't" he replied and leaned against the couch.

"For a "not" busy guy, you are losing a lot of weight"

"Stress takes the best of me" he said while closing his eyes.

"What happened? What did your pregnant fiancé do this time?"

"I took my mother's advice. I told her to find the girl I fell in love with before because I don't want to stay with her just for the sake of the baby, it's unfair to me and to her." he replied still with his eyes closed.

"Tell me she is considered your feelings in all of this"

"Yeah she did which was good because if she didn't I would have left her there and get back the ring around her finger"

"Taeyang getting married is a big thing, you need to be ready for anything. You are committing your whole life to someone and there should be love in that relationship because if there isn't, that marriage won't work. It's not going to move forward" I said.

"You sound like you've been married before" he teased and smiled.

How I missed that smile of his. I've seen it so much but it's not as alive as it is now.

"Did you know she's stalking me?" he asked.

"Who?"

"My own girlfriend"

"She's some crazy little girl" I replied.

"Jen"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for being there and for accepting me back, life did without you" he said as he laid his head on my lap.

"Yeah same here" I said as I caress his hair.

This is a picture so perfect. Just like the old days, I was the saviour while he's the one I'm trying to save. I was the strong one while he's the weak one. Only difference is we're both in a relationship... mine's the strong one and his is the one breaking.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jiyong]

The whole day passed with me driving back and forth from one place to another. I was busy because I'm releasing my first solo album on my birthday. There's like 3 weeks before my birthday, I have 3 weeks to get everything in placed. I have been dreaming of this day to come ever since I was 13 years old and now that it's right in front of me I can't back down on it. In every success there's always something you got to leave behind and there's one person I never want to leave behind – Jen.

"Jiyong there's so much we need to get through right now and I don't think checking your phone every hour and every minute would help us get through this whole thing" the girl manager said.

Siyon~Noona was the manager I'm working with at the moment. She's the tiger of the team, she doesn't let anything go. Noona is the kind of person who only thinks about work, maybe because she doesn't have a life outside.

"I just need to message my girlfriend" I said but before I could type my message she already took my phone off me.

"Sorry Jiyong when you're working with me, no phones, no distractions. I'm sorry, your girlfriend is going to have to wait 'till this whole day is over" she said and shoved my phone in her bag.

"Is this even legal?" I asked.

"It is because I am your manager and I can do whatever I want to make a successful musician. Now you have to focus, you have been working on this solo album for almost all your life Jiyong and don't let it slip away" she answered.

"I'm not distracted. I just needed to tell my girlfriend that her boyfriend is still alive and he can't wait to get out of the grasp of this workaholic manager"

"Come on, time for your photo shoot" she said and pulled me out of the car.

Are you able to sue your manage, because if you can I'll sue her right now.

Now I'm going on my photo shoot for my album cover and all the other photos to put on my album. I was ready to show the other side of me, Taeyang was supposed to release an album before me but they decided to release mine before his.

"Jiyong hurry up and change" the commando commanded.

. . . . .

After hours of working with the photographers, it was finally over. Everyone was congratulating me and telling me how hardworking I was and all those stuff I have heard before.

"Come on, we still have one more schedule for the day" Siyon~Noona said.

"No I'm done for the day, its 15 minutes to 2 in the morning and who knew time flies by that quickly. I promised my girlfriend I'll visit her today" I said.

"I'm sorry Jiyong but you chose this, here have your phone and give her a call and tell her you won't make it there today"

I can't believe she's asking me to ditch my girlfriend for work.

"I can't do that, I need to have time for my girlfriend too" I replied upset.

I was angry. I was trying my best to stay calm because she was my manager and she's a lot older than I am.

"When you chose Jen to be your girlfriend, did you consider that maybe you both will have this problem? Jen's grown up now and she will understand if her boyfriend can't make it for one night. Jiyong this is it, you're 3 weeks away from fulfilling your dream, don't waste your time on things that won't be there when you become the next big thing"

"She's my girlfriend, of course she's going to be there" I replied.

"You're not sure of it, don't be so young and naive Jiyong. You know why they never allowed you to have a girlfriend? It's because of this for instance; time and girlfriend don't really go well together. Success and love life doesn't really mesh well together as well, that's why on TV there's a lot of success people who gets into marriage but it never last"

"Excuse me you don't get to judge the way I'll be living my life. You're my manager, you're supposed to take care of me not terrorize me now if you may excuse me I have a girlfriend to come home to" I said and pulled my phone away from her.

"You're making a mistake" she called after me.

"No, I'm not. I'm actually going to make one if you don't let me go right now" I replied and walked out on her.

No one will dictate the way I live my life. I'm getting out of here before my anger takes over me.

. . . . . . .

I arrived at Jaellie's house and the front door was opened. I made my way and I heard the TV on. I walked into the lounge and found Jaellie and Hye Won sitting next to each other.

"Hey girls"

"OH GOD, Hey!" Jaellie said so surprised.

"What are you doing here so late?" she asked while biting her lips.

"Why is the door open?"

"Waiting for my man to get home and looks like he won't be coming home tonight" Hye Won said while changing her position.

"Could you close the door?" Jaellie asked. I nodded my head and walked over to the front door.

"Girls you shouldn't leave your door open like that, some psycho might come in and you know do something crazy to you both. Why are you both up so late anyway?"

"Can't sleep, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see Jen, is she around?"

I saw them looking at each other like they were trying to hide something from me.

"What's going on?"

"She had a visitor today and well they were both lacking sleep but they stayed up trying to catch up on things that they missed and they sort of fell asleep and we didn't wanna wake them up, they had a long day and they needed the break" Jaellie said as she walks towards me.

"Visitor? You mean Taeyang?" I pointed out and she nodded her head.

"Glad they're okay" I continued.

"Just go upstairs if you want, if not just come back when you can" she said.

"Nah it's cool. I'll go see her for a second just to say goodnight" I said and made my way upstairs.

I made my way to Jen's room. The lights were off but I can walk this whole house with my eyes closed. I slowly opened the door and it made a little cracking noise. The lamp was on and it was bright, I looked on the bed and saw Taeyang and Jen next to each other. Taeyang was hugging Jen and Jen's hand was locked with his, I walked inside and took Jen's camera. I took a picture of this moment, this was a picture perfect for Jen and I want her to have it. After I placed the camera back into the table and knelt where Jen was facing, I caressed her face a little and she twitched. She was more beautiful when she's asleep, it's like the whole world doesn't stand a chance whenever she's asleep... she was more peaceful that way. I got up and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"You know someday, I'm going to look back on this day and say to myself, I fell in love with an amazing girl" I whispered.

I stood still, towering over them both, jealousy should be overpowering me but instead it was peace and clarity taking over my whole system. I'm happy they made it through but I know me and her will also make it through... together.

"I love you" I whispered and left the door without waking them up.