Closer

Somewhere in Between

 

[Taeyang]

Today was our day off, I called Jen if she wanted to go out but she said she had some stuff to do first so I can wait for her at home. I sat by the couch then suddenly Jaellie walked in. She was already glaring at me like I did something wrong, oh maybe I did.

"You're an " she started and sat next to me.

"What?" I pretended to not know what she means.

"She's going to find out sooner or later" she continued while she fiddles with her phone.

"Oh come on Ellie. Don't start with that" I said and walked off.

I walked up stairs in my old room and everything was re-arranged. The walls were still the same pictures of me and Jen still stuck there. Memories of us and everything we did together. Looking back at them made me feel so uncomfortable knowing that half of those times Jen cried here and there. I knew she's been in love with me for all our lives; well that's what Jaellie said.

= x Flashback x =

"YOU'RE AN !" Jaellie labeled me like always.

I was standing on my bed taking down the pictures on my wall. I was taking them to the dorm since I'll be staying there from now on.

"Yes I'm always an " I replied.

"You shouldn't take those down, Jen took forever to put those the way they are. You should just leave it there" she said as she sits on my bed.

"Why are you here exactly?"

"Do you know why Jen never had a boyfriend?" her question caught me off guard. Jen and I used to talk about it before like why she's never had a boyfriend.

"Yeah because she reckons she's too young to be in a serious relationship and to have a boyfriend who would follow her around every single day of her life. She didn't like commitment as much as I did." I explained.

"She's a good liar; she made you believe that for all these years"

"What are you smoking nowadays?" I joked and she cracked up laughing.

"Nothing and I don't smoke retard. Since you moved on and Jen... well she's getting there I guess it's safe to say you're the reason why she never had a boyfriend before" she said.

"Me? Was I in the way of her loving someone?"

"No she loved you"

= x End of Flashback x =

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Jen asked. I turned around and saw him standing by the door.

"Nothing. Are we ready to go?" I asked.

"Taeyang there's something I got to tell you. I have to cancel today, I forgot that Jiyong and I had plans later on." she said while biting her lips.

"I really am sorry" she apologized. Okay so this is how she felt whenever I would cancel on her for someone else. I released a smile and walked over to her side.

"It's okay"

"You're an !" Jaellie said as soon as she walks pass me and Jen.

"What's that all about?"

"Nothing. We argued before but nothing to worry about, come on and get ready" I said and pushed her to her room.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jen]

Taeyang looked relax and not upset at all when I told him I was canceling my plans with him because of Jiyong or maybe I was just expecting too much.

I heard my phone ring with Taeyang's voice materializing all over the room. Yes, my ring-tone is him singing 'Incomplete by Dru Hill' – his English needs more work through. I quickly grabbed the phone in my pocket and watched as Jiyong's name flashed on the mini screen on my phone.

{"Yeah?"

"Can I cancel tonight?"

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"Sorry Jen"

"You are so mean I just canceled my plans with Taeyang because of you, such an "

"BOO!"}

I jumped a one step backwards when I felt Jiyong at the back of me. I swung my hand towards his face and it was a shot I wish I never did. Taeyang cracked up laughing.

"Sorry, sorry" I said then both of them cracked up laughing.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"You sound like Super Junior" he teased and I smiled hitting him again lightly on the arm.

= x = x =

After having dinner at a restaurant where Jiyong was surrounded by all the girls that enters the room we headed for the place where we first had our supposedly "date". Whenever I was with Jiyong, nothing mattered. I mean there was so much he could do to calm my soul down, just to see him breathing makes me happy already and I don't even know why.

"The good old days" he said as we munch on the cotton candy we bought with the same man who was selling them that one night.

"That night wasn't so good, Taeyang got beaten up and his girlfriend was a bit of a that day too" I said and followed it with a chuckled.

"You really are okay with them now right?" he asked with so much sincerity. I know where Jiyong was coming from, I know I've dumped so much pain on him already and it wasn't so fair on him at all, I guess he just worries about me too much. If I was him and he was me, I would be in the same position.

"Yeah... for now. Taeyang looks happy and he looks like he needed the break from me so might as well make him happy by giving him up. I do still love him don't get me wrong, although it hurts his happiness comes first. Seeing the smile on his face everyday suddenly excuses all the things he has ever done to me, from all the lies and all the pain he caused. He was mostly great to me though." I said and ended there.

"But you know what they say right? Time heals everything" he replied. There was something about his tone that got me confused and questioning inside. I couldn't put my finger on it but he's hiding something from me.

"What's wrong Jiyong?" I asked while I examine his face closely.

"Nothing" he replied and the word LIE was written all over his face.

"Lies. I've known you for far too long to even lie to me"

"I'm not lying it's just that maybe you know along the process of time healing you maybe you should help yourself heal too"

"How?"

"I won't tell you how, I just want you to try and heal. Don't leave yourself hanging for too long because if you do you're not going to see beyond Taeyang, you're going to miss out on a lot of things especially the world without Taeyang" he said.

I understand what he was saying and I have thought about it the way he is thinking about it. You know seeing the world beyond Taeyang and just living it with him and me just being friends, but it gets hard for me to breathe to think further than that.

"You're worried about me?" I asked like I didn't already know the answer.

"You are my friend you know, of course I worry about you" he replied instantly without blinking once.

"I'm fine Jiyong... I'm..."

"Stronger than you think, I know Jen, I've heard it so many times. But even the strongest person on earth has their weakness." he replied before letting me finished.

"You should take me home. Ellie and I have plans tomorrow and I got to finish an essay for a company I'm applying for."

"Job aye?"

"Yeah you know I want to be able to take pictures of famous models, singers and whoever else is big in the industry" I replied.

"If you're looking for a job I can ask one of the managers at YG to help you get a job with us"

"You would do that?" I asked but before I could say anything else he was on the phone then my phone started ringing.

"I got accepted" "I got you a job" we said at the same time as we both hanged up the phone.

"WHAT?" we said in unison again.

"Go" he said.

"That was one of the JYP manager and they want me to work for them starting Monday" I explained.

"Oh" he said upset.

"Looks like I didn't need that essay after all and thanks for calling straight away but I don't want to turn down JYP"

"It's okay; I'll tell Hyung you don't need it anymore. Shall we go?" he said and I nodded my head.

= x = x =

"Thanks for today. I'll see you real soon" he said and landed a kiss on my cheek.

"Yeah thank you too and sorry again about the whole job thing" I replied and gave him a big hug. We waved goodbye and he was off speeding away from my house.

"A bit too late for you to come home!" Jaellie said while sitting by the swing.

"I was having fun, I didn't get much of those in Paris" I replied and sat next to her.

"Are you the only one home?"

"Yeah sort of, Taeyang and Seungri left 5 minutes ago; it's good you came home already"

"Ellie by the way I got the job at JYP already" I said happily.

"SERIOUS?" she exclaimed more excited than I was when I heard the manager on the other line said 'no need for your essay'.

"Yes, I feel bad though. One of the managers at YG offered me a job too all because of Jiyong" I added.

"Oh" she said while giving me a smirk.

"What?"

"Nothing" she lied. She's so much better at lying than me but I know her just as much as she knows herself.

"Spill"

"Seungri thinks you two are something special and I agreed" she said. 
"But I know you love Taeyang Oppa so it was silly of me to even consider it" she added.

"Considered what?"

"Well since you and Jiyong are pretty close me and Seungri was somehow thinking that you guys are closer than you guys already are" she said.

"Are bloody serious? Jiyong and Jen? How is that even possible?" I paused for a second and thought about what I just said.

"Wait... It can be possible but no" I said.

"Jen I see a sparkle" she joked.

"Oh stop it, sparkle my foot" I replied.

"I see a blush too" she joked even more.

"ELLIE!" I yelled while glaring at her.

"Damn, there's the angry force too" she continued.

"JAELLIE JIANNE PARK" I screamed her full name while she takes a step back away from me.

"OH THE FULL NAME MEANS ANGRY!" she said and started running towards the house.

"I'm going to get you" I said and started following her but my phone started vibrating.

I flipped it open and saw a message from Jiyong. When I saw his name all my irritation towards Jaellie suddenly died down. I quickly opened the message while I sit in front of the front door.

'Seungri has this crazy idea; I hope Jaellie didn't give it to you too. You don't need this sort of non-sense at the moment. Have a good night' he ended.

I replied with a simple 'Thank you for taking care of me', and then stepped inside the house with a big smile on my face.

"WOW A SMILE!" Jaellie yelled from upstairs.

"AND I JUST CAN'T PULL MYSELF AWAY... COME CLOSER!" she continued as she sings along with Ne-yo's "Closer" song.

I just glared at her while questions floated around my mind.

'Closer?' it questioned.