Lean on Me

Somewhere in Between

 

[Taeyang]

"If you were to ask me, there's something fishy about you" she said and stood up from her chair and walked over to the kitchen counter. She then started fixing all the mess that Jaellie had created. I got up just right after and followed her. I started picking up all the ingredients that was thrown all over the floor as I do so I examined Jen's face and she doesn't look so pleased.

"I'm sorry Jen. I can't help but be overprotective over you nowadays, I didn't have a JEN for a year; I had no one to protect" I said and leaned against the counter facing her.

"Jaellie was here for the whole year" she said without taking her eyes of the dough that Ellie was trying to fix before.

"Don't be upset. Let's make a deal" I said. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me while trying to study my face. I was guessing she was wondering if I was going to chuck some lame jokes at her again just to make her laugh.

"What?" her voice calm now.

"Move your stuff in my room. You can use my room if you allowed Donghae to use yours" she looked at me for a minute waiting for me to do or say something but when she realised I was serious she released a big smile. I knew right then she liked my idea and she will take it.

"JAELLIE!!!" she yelled.

Jaellie was in the kitchen straight away with Donghae trailing right behind her.

"Help me move my stuff from my room to Taeyang's room. All of my stuff just shoves in Taeyang's room and Taeyang will help me fix them later" she said and winked at me.

I missed Jen like this. I missed the way she would get upset when doesn't get her way and how she would release a smile right after I thought of something brilliant that could make the situation seem like she have won.

Jaellie and she ran upstairs telling me and Donghae to get to know each other better. I continued what Jen was doing just seconds ago and Donghae sat around the kitchen table.

"You had a crush on my bestfriend aye?" I said when the silence was driving me nuts. He nodded his head and was sort of embarrassed.

"Nothing to be embarrassed about, I mean Jen is pretty amazing"

"You must be the jackass bestfriend who never called her?" he asked while walking towards me.

"You don't know anything about me"

"I know almost everything about you, but only the bad side of you. Jen would always dial the phone hoping maybe you would pick up and say 'I Miss You' to her or something like 'Come Home' but every time she does – nothing in return and you call yourself her bestfriend but then again she told me about your starting afresh thing and I'm happy as long as she's happy"

"You're about to cross a line" I warned.

"Then don't draw it" Jen said calmly as she comes down the stairs.

"Donghae just head up stairs. It's the first door on your right; your bags are up there already. It's pretty empty so put whatever you want to put anywhere" she said and stood right beside me while punching me lightly in my ribs. When Donghae was out of sight Jen glared at me like she was some hungry bear ready to devour me.

"What? He pushed my button"

"You're about to push mine. What is it about Donghae that makes you burn up this much?" she asked.

I turned my head away from her not knowing what to say. I really didn't know what to say to her because I don't know the answer.

"Let's just get this done and over with" she said and grabbed the dough off my hands.

= x = x =

"Jen I'm off to sleep now" Donghae said while he stands in front of the door. I sat on my window looking outside. Jen and I just finished cleaning out the room; we arranged it just the way her room was arranged.

"Goodnight" Jen said and Donghae closed the door.

"Taeyang look you're gonna have to get use to it and plus it's only one month" she started and sat opposite to me.

"Yeah okay, whatever makes you happy" I replied and looked back out the window.

"Why are you here anyway?" she asked.

"I wanted my bestfriend"

"For what?"

"I needed someone to talk to and I felt like you were the right one"

"Silly of course I am the right one. What's up?"

"It's Yoobin"

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Jen]

I should have known it was her because I and he didn't have a massive fight.

"What happened? She looked happy the last time I saw her" I said.

I saw his eyes shifted from relief to sadness.

"I was going to ask you the same thing"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Because you work with her now maybe you can keep an eye on her. She's pretty close with those 2PM boys, especially Taecyeon and yeah" he said trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"What did you fight about?"

"Taecyeon" he said.

I've seen Taecyeon on TV and stuff like that but compare to Taeyang he doesn't even come close to perfection, why would Yoobin shift from perfection to a beastly guy?

"You know your jealousy is at its highest lately... What is it about Taecyeon that you are so insecure about?" I asked.

"Well..." he started. He then stood up and walked towards his bed and laid there. I followed him and leaned against the headboard and looked down on him.

"First of all, Taecyeon is a really nice guy. I mean he's caring, a rapper and a dancer. Yoobin is sort of a er for those kinds of guys. Second, they work in the same company who knows what they get up to every time they see each other and third before me it was him" he explained.

I listened as his voice crack when he ended his sentence. I looked away from him not wanting to see the tears that will flow down his eyes; I hate it when he cries it kills me the most.

"You said it yourself it 'WAS' him" I said emphasizing the word WAS.

Then he stood up and sat up next to me. I felt him staring at me but I avoided looking at him, I didn't want to cry. He then took my hand and held it.

"He was first and I'm second" he said. His voice cracked once again, I know he was crying for sure now. He leaned his head against the headboard and chuckled.

"You know I thought I wasn't going to open up my heart again because you sort of abandoned it when you left for Paris but with Yoobin I feel like the knife that was stabbed in my heart was pulled out without a hassle and it didn't hurt. Yoobin had that magic touch; she made me love her... Jen I fell in love"

I felt my whole body froze, my hand went numb I couldn't feel his touch anymore. I felt my tears trying to escape. Alright, I was trying my best to move on or maybe not but either way I was trying not to face this reality. The reality that Taeyang holds her hands while mine waits in the cold. I didn't expect it to be this quick – the heartbreak I mean. He fell in love? He fell in love before already, right? I can name a few girls he told me about that he had fallen in love with; well I was one of those girls.

Is love just a word for Taeyang? It's so easy for him to just blurt it out.

"I mean it Jen, I love her" he said like he was reading what I was thinking.

"If you love her so much why you did come to me to talk when you could have gone to her and talked to her about this whole jealousy thing?"

"I don't know but I just felt like something inside of me told me to come to you"

That 'something' inside of him was right, I'm glad it leads him to my doorstep.

"Jen look at me" he said. I slowly lifted my eyes and stared at him and there they were tears overflowing.

"Am I that bad?" he managed to ask.

"What the hell you on about? You're the sweetest, caring, loving, beautiful, perfect handsome man I have ever met in my whole entire life. You are not bad, not even close. Don't ever think that way okay?" I said.

"Then why do I keep losing the ones I love?"

"You haven't lost Yoobin"

"I'm on the way there" he said sounding like an idiot.

"You are such a hypocrite. First you talk to me about how much you love her and now you're thinking you are on the way to lose her. If you really believe you are about to lose her why don't you work it out. Go and fill in the gap that is separating the two of you right now. Make her realise you're the one for her"

Every advice I was giving him was stabbing me in the heart. Deep inside of me I was wishing they would end but seeing Taeyang act like this right now I regret ever thinking about it. Taeyang really do care for her and he does feel something for her... I don't want to say love because if I do I'm admitting defeat and I am not going to back down... maybe.

"It's really simple Taeyang, pick up that phone and ring her. Say I'm sorry; tell her how much you care for her and that you are here for her. Go ahead" I said while I gave my phone to him.

"Why must I always lean on you? I've hurt you so many times"

"You're my bestfriend. You can lean on me anytime, I'll be just here"

'Because I know it’s the only way to keep you by my side' I thought to myself.