This Picture

Somewhere in Between

 

[Jen]

"Are you going to take up that offer at YG?" Jaellie asked while we were driving away from JYP building. I was holding onto my hand amazed by just how much I can punch.

"I'm pretty sure she had tears in her eyes" I answered completely different from what she was asking. Jaellie laughed out loud for some unknown reason.

"What?"

"You didn't know you can punch well aye?" she asked.

"No, I never really punch you hard" I replied.

"Well now you know, put your fist down and answer my question."

"Are you crazy? I left JYP because of Yoobin; starting today I'm going to start moving forward. Look ahead, forget yesterday, forget Taeyang... Impossible I know but I'll try. I'm not going to work at YG, I'll find another job"

"Jen you're crazy, you should have just stayed in Paris"

"Yeah true. I won't argue with you on that one."

When we reached the house there was a red car park in front of it, it was TOP's car. What is it doing in front of my house? We stopped and as soon as I step out of the car I saw Jiyong lying down on the swing.

"Jiyong?"

"Hey there!" he said somewhat startled.

"Aren't you sick of me? What the heck are you doing here now?" I asked impolitely.

"They canceled all our activity for today because someone is sick and I have nothing to do."

When he said someone he meant Taeyang.

"How's he?" Jaellie asked as she takes a sit next to Jiyong.

"Not good either"

"He'll survive, he survived a car accident. What makes you think he won't survive this one?" I said and started opening the door of the house and to my surprise I could hear my mum in the kitchen.

"There you are" she said. She came to me and gave me a hug then kissed me on the cheek.

"Where's Taeyang?" she asked.

"Probably in hell" I replied. I saw Taeyang's mum flinched and I felt bad.

"Miane..." I said and she released a smile.

"What's wrong?"

"Big fight. I found out about his accident, did you guys know about it?" I asked then they shot glances at each other, at that moment I already knew the answer."Of course you did" I continued.

"Jen please listen to mum for a moment" mum said.

"I had the rights to know" I demanded.

"We are sorry Jen but my son just won't let us" Taeyang's mum said.

"Mum I never thought I would say this but I am going to, you broke my heart" I said and turned my back away from my mum. I walked back outside and looked at Jiyong.

"Time to bail" I said and for some reason he understood what I meant. He kissed Jaellie goodbye and promised her I'll be home sober.

= x = x =

"Ellie told me you quit your job at JYP" he said when we stopped at the picnic place near the harbor.

"Yeah I did" I replied while spreading the jumper I was wearing onto the grass. I sighed to myself and looked up the sky. The sky was so blue that I felt like I wanted to be up there, it looked peaceful.

"Where are you going to work now?"

"Who knows but I'll find a job don't you worry" I said and shot a smile his way.

Jiyong doesn't really ask much question, he is mostly the type of guy who sits there and listens to you; he would only ask if needed. He was far stronger than I was. He was tough; he must be for BIG BANG anyway. He would always make me feel better after any fight I have with anyone.

"You didn't mean it Jen don't take it to the heart" he said.

"Mean what?"

"What you said back there, about your mum breaking your heart. You didn't mean, you were just angry"

"I did actually"

"Liars go to hell... When you go back home I want you to say sorry to your mum, you can't hate her forever."

He was right.

I had no rights to go and tell my mum she broke my heart. Just like Jiyong and Jaellie her hands were tied, it was her daughter against her bestfriend... Now, I understood where she's coming from. Damnit why the hell did I say that to my mum?

"OH! Did you really punch her?" Jiyong suddenly said.

I chuckled a little and replied "Yes!"

"Dang I missed it, how did it feel?"

"SO DAMN GOOD!"

"That's my girl" he said and smiled.

"Her friends will probably get me and Taey..." I didn't finish my sentence because I promised Jiyong last night I'll never talk about Taeyang whenever I was with him.

"Psch, her friends, Sohee and them won't do crap. I mean those girls are so girly and trust me they can't even punch" he said.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded his head. I couldn't help by smile by just how silly he looked.

"Wait a second isn't Sohee your girlfriend?"

"Are you freaking serious? I don't have a girlfriend"

"That's not what the TV said"

"Well you shouldn't believe what you see on TV" he said and then he started tickling me.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Taeyang]

"Hyung are you okay? Jiyong-Hyung left already... well actually awhile back." Seungri said while leaning against the door.

"Did he say where he was going?"

"Jen" he replied.

"Do you know if Jaellie's home?"

"Yeah she is... speaking of her she said she wants to talk to you about a fight Jen had today at JYP" he said.

I quickly got up from where I was sitting; I grabbed my jacket and headed out.

"Taeyang I thought you were sick?" TOP-Hyung said.

"Yeah I am but mum just called, she needs me at the house please cover up for me" I yelled and continued running to the car park.

= x = x =

"Are you bloody serious? She punched Yoobin?" I asked surprised.

"I'm surprise too when she did but your girlfriend had it coming" she said.

"What do you mean?"

"If she was smart she wouldn't have spoken to Jen in the first place but she was asking for it. I swear Taeyang I would have punched your girlfriend myself if Jen didn't, she was being a today. No offense"

"None taken, so where is Jen now?"

"Out with Jiyong of course, Auntie and she had a fight, she needed to bail"

"Mum and her?"

"Yeah, she told Auntie 'you broke my heart', Auntie almost cried when Jen just walked out on her, thank goodness your mum was there." she explained.

This whole lie has gotten out of hand, now mum and Jen fought. Who's next?

"You should tell your girlfriend to stay away because if she doesn't leave Jen alone I swear I'd be the one to punch her" Jaellie warned. I nodded and she smiled.

"Can I go up for awhile?" I asked.

"Sure. Bae, you okay?"

"I'll be fine Ellie; I survived a car crash... what makes you think I won't survive this one?" I said and she chuckled a little. I stared at her confused.

"Jen said that line already" she said and smiled. I chuckled to myself when I remembered that most of the times Jen and I think alike. I made my way upstairs and into Jen/my room. The pictures that were on the wall were spread out on the table where her laptop was. Some were ripped while some she kept for reasons.

I picked up the picture of me and her taken by Jaellie's Polaroid camera before we got on a rollercoaster a few years back.

= x Flashback x =

"SMILE!" Jaellie yelled.

I looked at Jen and she was holding onto the seat real tight.

"Jen smile for the camera" I said.

"I don't know how the hell you got me to ride onto this bloody thing. Taeyang I want to get off." she said scared.

"Don't be a baby"

"Well I'm being one, now let me get off" she said and she started unlocking the seatbelt.

"Don't be ridiculous, I won't let anything happen to you" I assured her.

"Promise?" she asked.

I smiled at her and held onto her hand.

"I promise, now smile" I said and kissed her cheeks

= x End of Flashback x =

'Miane I let you get hurt.'

The next picture was taken by me, when we went for a holiday at JeJu Island. Jen was lying down on the swing sleeping but even in her sleep she was smiling, she even said my name a few times. One of the ripped photos was a photo of me and her at the prom. I remembered that prom so vividly that a tear fell from my eye.

= x Flashback x =

"Babe come on it's not that bad" I said trying to comfort Jen who's been hiding inside her blanket for like the whole day already.

"I'm not going" she said once again.

Jen was complaining about the prom. The prom was tomorrow and she didn't want to go anymore because apparently the guy she wanted to go with has gone with someone else. I don't get why that guy was so important to her, there was like millions of guys lined up to be her date but she didn't want any of them... Even the quarter back of the football team wanted to go with her.

"Tell me who he is and I'll talk to him"

"Piss off Taeyang, he won't listen to you" she said.

The way I see it she really wasn't going without the guy she wanted.

"Am I good enough to be a replacement?" I asked.

"You already have a date"

"I'd cancel"

"Why?"

"Because I want my bestfriend to come to this prom, it's senior years. I don't want you to miss out so, am I good enough?"

Then slowly her head was popping out of the blanket then her smile confirmed it.

"YOU'RE MORE THAN ENOUGH!" she said loudly and gave me a really big hug.

= x End of Flashback x =

'Miane, I didn't realise I was the guy you wanted to go with'

Almost all the good memories of us were broken into half but there was one picture that really caught my eye. It was a picture of Jen staring at me while I smile happily holding a phone against my ear. I held the photo in my hand and tried remembering when it was taken.

"I took that" I heard Jaellie behind me.

"It was taken before I left for America. She was complaining to me the whole day about how you're always on the phone never have time for her. You were always chatting with your girlfriends that she always felt left out. I took it to remind her all the reason why she's always fighting..." I looked at her confused.

"She was always fighting because she wanted to be the one to put those smile on your face, she wanted to be the one" she explained.

"Was I that numb?"

"There's no point in asking, it's over Bae... let it go" she said.

I released a pale smile and nodded.

"I'm going to take these, she seems like she doesn't want them but I do" I said.

. . .

We were heading downstairs when we heard the front door open. Jen was the first one to come in; dripping... must be raining outside. She looked up and found me standing next to Jaellie then she ran back out.

I quickly ran down the stairs and Jiyong held me when I reached the door.

"Don't Taeyang" he warned.

"Last one" I begged.

He looked at Jaellie and she nodded. As soon as his hand was out of the way I started running outside. Jen was nowhere to be found, she runs pretty fast but I knew where she was heading. I quickly ran to the park where we would normally go when it's a rainy day. I saw her under the shed on her knees. I ran towards her and she was about to run away again. She lied, she said she wasn't gonna cry for me anymore but she's crying now.

I grabbed her wrist and she faced me. She slapped me and then she dropped to her knees. I deserved her slap, I needed more of those.

"LAST ONE!" I yelled.

"No more Taeyang" she said with a faint voice.

"Please" I begged. She didn't move an inch; she sat there ready to listen.

"I'm sorry I was an . I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry I promised I won't let anything happen to you. I'm sorry I didn't realise it was me earlier. I'm sorry I broke your heart so many times and I'm sorry you fell in love with me" I apologized without taking a breath.

"I'm sorry I loved you for a quick second and couldn't make it last for a minute. I'm sorry you miss me every night. I'm sorry you cried an ocean tears for me. I'm sorry because after today..." I paused and she looked up. She stared at me and I could see the tears flowing. I could tell the difference between the tears and the rain water. I smiled at her and continued.

"I'm sorry because after today... this picture is all I've got left of you" I said and showed her the picture of her kissing me on the forehead. I pulled her up and kissed her on the forehead.

"Babe, go on and be happy... It's time to let go" I whispered and kissed her one last time and started running back into the rain. I didn't turn back and just kept running.

Goodbye Jen...