Their Happiness

Somewhere in Between

[Jen]

I felt my head spinning when I got up from the bench I was sitting on after mine and Jiyong's break up. Have I been crying for that long?

He messaged me saying; 'I'm strong enough to handle this you have to be as well. Smile because I love it when you do, tell Taeyang he is a lucky fella. I'll see you when I get back from Japan – Jiyong'

What have I done? Is this what they call Karma? Because if this is Karma then the saying was right, Karma's a . I was about to walk when I saw Taecyeon standing in front of me.

"Gwenchana?" He started. I smiled at him and I sat back down on the bench. He followed not long after and sat next to me leaving a gap in between us.

"I would never do anything to hurt Taeyang; I don't know what happened to him. I really don't know, all I know is I was parked across the hospital and he followed me to where I was but then I was too stubborn to listen to him so I drove away, leaving him standing there." He explained so sudden.

"Yoobin told me, its okay." I said and he smiled.

"So taking ownership of the baby now are we?" I teased and he laughed a little.

"Yeah I guess I am"

"What made you change your mind?"

"I almost lost her and the baby; I just couldn't let that happen again. I know I should have fought earlier and not follow what Yoobin wanted because I had the rights with that kid but I know it's all too late now to take them all back. I'm thankful though because if I fought earlier I wouldn't realise the reason why I should be fighting" he said.

"What's that?"

"My love for Yoobin is something you can't buy with money or anything you can trade for something less valuable. I love her with all my heart and I should have been fighting for that love. You know how I feel don't you?"

I nodded my head in agreement.

I do understand what he was feeling. I should have fought for what was mine when I had the chance to. I should have been strong enough to actually fight for Taeyang. Nothing's really stopping us now right? I mean Jiyong broke up with me, Yoobin is back with Taecyeon; what else is still stopping us?

"JEN!" I heard Seunghyun's deep husky like voice. Taecyeon and I both turned around and he was panting for air.

"He's awake" he said. I quickly got up from where I was sitting completely forgetting about Taecyeon and kept running towards the hospital. I ran like I have never run before, how is he? Don't tell me he won't remember me again? The thought of him not remembering me made my feet ran faster.

. . . .

I arrived and found everyone gathered around him. Hye Won was smiling and Jaellie was crying, emotional kid. I walked slowly towards them, afraid that maybe my name won't register in his mind again.

 I reached his bed but I stayed to where his feet were. He looked at me confused then he smiled. Tears started flowing down my cheeks; I felt weight being lifted off my heart and my shoulder. I was glad that he was okay and that he could still smile. The bruising on his face weren't so bad anymore, this guy heals too fast.

"Are you just going to stand there?" He asked with the sweetest and soft voice. I couldn't help myself; I ran to him then hugged him. I could hear laughter behind me; I also heard my cry echoed inside the hospital. Taeyang was holding me as tight as I was holding him. It was so hard waiting for him to wake up, waiting for him for that matter. I never want to go through that experience again. I don't know what my heart will do if I actually lose him.

I couldn't contain the emotions I have inside. I have no idea why I'm acting the way I am acting but I don't care.

"I wasn't gone for long." He said. I pulled away from him and looked him in the eye.

"I almost lost you... again" I said. He smiled again and pulled my head towards his heart. I could hear the loud thumping it was making, I could feel it beating.

"But you didn't. My heart is stronger that it was two days ago, I'm fine. Have you been crying?" he replied. I looked back and signalled the others to give me and Taeyang some privacy. As soon as they were out of the room I started crying again.

"Hey, hey, shhhh... what happened?"

"We broke up" I told him and then I laid my head on his chest crying.

"When?" he asked. I pulled away from him and sat next to him. I held onto his hand and released the biggest sigh I could release. I looked at him then looked away.

"Today" I told him.

"What exactly happened?"

"He asked me to marry him. He came back because he wanted to know my answer and he wanted to see if you were okay. I told him it wasn't the right time to be asking me but he insisted then I told him about us…” I paused for a while.

“I told him what happened to us that night. I couldn't bear looking at him, he was so hurt yet he didn't want to show it. I could feel his heart break, I felt so bad Taeyang. I wanted to follow him when he left me but I just couldn't. He blames himself for his heartbreak; it made me feel so cruel. I hate myself for hurting him; I hate myself for saying yes to him when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Taeyang, I hurt him; you should have seen his face" I continued.

"Babe it's not your fault. I will talk to him when he comes back, I'm sure he'll understand us both" he assured me. I hope he's right; I don't want Jiyong to disappear from my life. He did save me when I needed to be saved.

"I hope so" I said.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = = x =

[Taeyang]

Why must our happiness cause heartache towards others?

"Hey what did you see when your heart stopped beating? You called for me apparently?" she said.

"I was dreaming and you were there. In the dream you were calling for my name, you were crying and crying. I tried calling for you but no voice would come out from me. You were reaching out for my hands then suddenly you were slowly disappearing. I got scared, I was crying and then suddenly I found my voice and then I yelled your name then fell asleep" I explained.

"It's kind of cute that even when your heart stopped beating you called for me" she said with a smile on her face. She's a er for sweet things and I love her for being er for sweet things.

"Of course, you're the light of my life" I said and I saw her cheeks turned red and I couldn't help but laugh. The door then opened, I saw mum running towards my way worried. Jen moved out of the way and allowed my mum to give me a hug.

"You silly boy what the hell happened to you?" mum said. I looked over to her shoulders and Jen's mum was hugging Jen.

"Someone ran me over OK. I was crossing the street back to the hospital when a crazy person thought it was cool to be speeding, I didn't have time to move out of the way. The person got me but I'm okay now, I'll be fine mum" I explained. I saw relief written all over my mum's face; she smiled at me and called Jen over.

"You both have been through a lot, I really wish you're my daughter-in-law" she said and pouted her lips. Jen and I looked at each other then laughed. I locked hands with Jen and our mums looked at us confused.

"She could be" I said. Jen looked at me and then I smiled.

"Could you call Hye Won for me?" I asked her. She nodded her head and headed outside.

"Care to explain?" Mum said.

"Yoobin confessed to me that the baby she's carrying isn't mine. She told Jen about it too, she wasn't strong enough to tell me but when Jen couldn't tell me she ended up telling me the truth. She almost lost the baby because I upset her too much" I explained. My mum was furious; I could see it in her eyes. I held her hands letting her know I was fine and that everything was fine. I love my mum so much; she raised me up pretty good. I wish dad could come back soon.

"It's okay mum, she learned from her mistake and she almost paid for it. I don't want anything happening to her or to the baby. I loved that kid too you know even though I haven't seen him or her. Looks like you both will be In-Law soon" I said. Jen's mum was as excited as my mum, Jen then came in followed by Hye Won. Hye Won smiled at me then walked over my side. I slowly sat up then Hye Won handed me the ring I asked her and Jaellie to get from my mum before.

"I thought you were going to give it to that girl" Mum said.

"Jen come here'" I said. Jen walked over to me slowly, she looked back at everyone then back at me. She reached my side and looked at me dumbfounded.

"I would go on one knee but I can't" I said. Jen smiled a little then she patiently waited.

"Miss Jennifer Chu, will you do me the honour of being my wife?" I asked with the biggest smile on my face. I saw tears falling down her eyes, I can't imagine the joy she must be feeling right now. She waited all her life for me to say these words.

"You've waited long enough. You've suffered too much. You've cried enough, your heart broke just enough for me. We have to be happy, you have to be happy. Enough is enough Jen. I've looked for so much reason to dodge the love that was right in front of me, I'm tired of searching; tired of trying to find an answer to all my unanswered questions. I'm tired of waiting for the right one when she's already in front of me” I started.

“I love you Jen; I wish I spent all those years loving you the way I should be. I wish I spent all those years locking my hands with yours because it makes a whole lot of guys jealous because you're mine and not theirs. I wish I spent all those years trying to prevent your heart from breaking, I wish I realised it sooner. But Jen I want to forget it all, I want a new beginning with you. I want more time, I need more time so I could love you with all my heart and replace those ungrateful memories with happiness and tears of joy. I love you, please marry me" I continued with my speech and her tears were unstoppable but she was smiling.

"Are you begging me to marry you?" she joked and everyone laughed.

"Could I?"

"You don't have to, of course I'll marry you" she said happily then locked her lips with mine. I felt all her tears flowing down my lips, very wet. She pulled away after minutes of kissing. I slipped the ring into her finger and everyone cheered. They congratulated us.

"Jen care to reply to Taeyang's wonderful speech?" Jen's mum suggested. Jen smiled then locked eyes with me.

"When I left for Paris, I was miserable, Hye Won is my witness. I thought everything would be cool; my heart would be cool after. But when I came back that's when I realise I wasn't healing at all because I left my heart in Seoul. 1 year without you was like an eternity without you, I would rather be dead and not be without you. I love you so much that it hurts and it was so hard for me to see you both together but I bear it because I love you and I prayed that this day would come. Everything you said was right, enough is enough. I want this to be our happy ending, I love you, you love me there's no one in between us, what else could go wrong? We will fill out those ungrateful memories with wonderful ones" she said and I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

"SUCH A BABY!" Jay teased when he saw me crying.

"Shut up Jay, at least he's crying because of a speech" Jen depended.

"OooO the Mrs is getting angry, defensive" Jay teased.

I see the happiness in Jen's eyes that moment. I haven't seen her sparkle this much in forever, I'm grateful I was able to make her happy. I was happy now that she's happy... we're happy.