Advice

Somewhere in Between

[Jen]

"Girly wanna go out tonight?" Hye Won asked.

"Sorry Hye Won, I've got work tomorrow and plus I am not letting you out of my sight from now on. That kid inside of you is growing and I'm not going to let you do anything stupid while that kid is inside you okay?" I answered.

"You're worse than my mum" she replied.

"Jen your phone is ringing" Jaellie called from upstairs.

"Be back in a sec" I said to Hye Won and started running upstairs.

I was about to pick up the phone when it stopped. I was about to walk away when it started ringing again. I looked at the caller ID and I'm surprise to see Taeyang's number flashing. I hesitated to answer the phone, I let it ring and ring until it stopped. I sat on my bed trying to find reasons why he would be calling right now and I got none. In less than one minute my phone started ringing again, it was him again so I decided to pick it up.

{"Hey Taeyang?"

"Hey Jen, where are you?"

"I'm at home, why?"

"No you're not; I'm in front of your house and no one's here"

"I don't live with mum anymore, I live with Jaellie now. Didn't Jiyong tell you?"

"No I guess not"

"He might have forgotten, just come down to Jaellie's house if you want"

"Nah its okay, I'll just see you another day. Take care Jen"}

That was it. It was the first conversation him and I ever had after those months him and I have been separated.

"Jen?" I looked up and saw Hye Won with a worried look on her face.

"I'm okay; someone just dialled the wrong number. Isn't it bad for you to be staying up like this?"

"I'll be fine; Donghae's not home yet so I'm thinking maybe we could watch a movie or something. I haven't seen you in like a long time and I missed movie nights with you and plus your sister is so nice we get along just fine" she answered completely different from my question.

"I think I'll pass, I got to sort out these photos for tomorrow"

"It's okay Jen, you'll be fine. Jiyong is there hold onto him, don't let go of what really matters though" she said and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I grabbed my camera and headed for the backyard. I walked into my house and my MAC. As soon as the monitor was on, I logged into my account, the picture of me and Taeyang dancing at the Prom was the desktop background, I released a little chuckled and plugged my digital camera into the computer and moved pictures of me and Jiyong onto the PC.

I replaced the desktop background with the picture of me and Jiyong. Jiyong was hugging me and my head was placed on his chest; we looked like a couple, a very good one too. My phone then started ringing and saw it was Jiyong.

{"Evening beautiful"

"Oh hello there"

"What are you doing?"

"Sorting out the photos that I took today, what about you?"

"Waiting for a meeting to begin"

"Meeting for what?"

"Secret, How was your day? Anything interesting happened today?"

"My day was good and yes something interesting happened today"

"Care to share?"

"Taeyang called before. You didn't tell him I live with Jaellie now?"

"I think I've mentioned it but I'm not sure. Why?"

"Oh he went over to my house and was looking for me there. I told him to come down here but he said he'll see me another day, I don't know what he wanted but yes he called that should be interesting right?"

"Yeah kind of is, no wonder he left so early today. Hey babe I got to go, I'll talk to you soon okay?"

"Alright, I'll see you soon}

Meaningful conversation right? I'm kidding but I miss talking to Jiyong.

= x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x = x

[Taeyang]

"Hi" my mum greeted as soon as she reached the top stairs.

"Hey mum, it's been awhile and hey Auntie" I greeted and helped them with the shopping bags they have. My mum looked the same; she looked like she wasn't aging at all... same goes for Jen's mum.

"How long have you been waiting sweetie?"

"Not long" I replied and it was a lie, I've been waiting for hours but for some reason I just couldn't go anywhere. Sitting by this swing somehow made me forget about so many things I was worrying about.

"Sorry Jen's not here, you should go down to Jaellie's house, she's there" mum said as we entered the house. This house reminded me of so many things, Jen and me... the fights and the sweet talks.

"What brings you here?"

"Just need someone to talk to" I said.

"I'll leave you two alone" Jen's mum said.

"Actually I need to speak to you both" I said.

They took me to the kitchen and we sat around the table.

"So what's going on Taeyang?"

"Do you think I made the right choice?" I asked and they exchanged looks. My mum smiled and held my hands.

"Are you happy?"

"Yes of course I am. The thought of being a dad is just way too good; I just didn't think it would be this early you know"

"Taeyang sweetie is there something you're not telling me and your mum?" Jen's mum asked.

I looked at both of them trying not to lie, that is the reason why I came here right to seek for their help.

"For some reason mum, auntie, I feel like I'm not happy anymore. I feel like whenever I am with Yoobin I'm being trapped, especially now that we're having a kid together. I can't go out or enjoy the time of my life with my friends. I can't even go and see Jen anymore let alone talk to her, it's not fair"

"Son, have you tried talking to her about it?"

"So many times and we always end up fighting. She would blame everything on Jen; she would tell me she wishes Jen never came back. She even told me that she wanted my memory lost to last, what kind of a girlfriend would say such a thing"

"Taeyang hon, you know me and your mum have always been there to support you in every decision you make and we're always happy with whatever it is you choose but sometimes when it's hard for you and you think it's not right anymore we also think it might not be the right thing to do anymore. I know you're mum doesn't like Yoobin for what she did but we were willing to give her a chance because of you but if you don't feel like this isn't right then talk to Yoobin and if she doesn't listen maybe you two need to re-consider this whole relationship" Jen's mum said.

"Auntie I can't just go there and tell her to reconsider this whole relationship we're having a kid together" I defended.

"I don't want you to feel like you need to stay with her because of the kid. You can still be a father to that kid without having to stay with Yoobin" mum said.

"Wish it was that easy mum. If I let Yoobin go, I'm going to be letting go of my baby as well"

"Do you want me to talk to Yoobin?" mum asked.

"No" I quickly replied.

I saw that burning anger in my mum's eyes although it's not as visible as it should be I can see it, she was pissed and talking to Yoobin wouldn't exactly help our situation right now.

"It's a good offer Taeyang. Your mum and Yoobin talking to each other" Auntie teased.

"Auntie" I said and smiled.

"But let me tell you something... though my daughter doesn't show it, she misses you and these sorts of stuff are sometimes good to be discussed with your best friend. I know both of you chose to walk away from each other but I know that deep inside, you both didn't mean it. Go over there and talk to her, make everything right and she'll be happy to hear about this baby coming"

Jen's mum was right as much as we say we were moving on at some point of our lives we weren't.

"Yeah I might take you up on that" I replied. They both gave me a hug then kissed me on the forehead. I'm glad I talked to them both about this; it was nice to hear advice from real and experience people.