Chapter 40 – happiness forever

Secret Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon come out from the bath while wearing bathrobe. She went to seat beside Jiyong on the couch with smiles. Jiyong look at her while chuckles.

“So… go on… tell me…” Taeyeon said excitedly.

“You're really curious, huh?” Jiyong asked while he pinches her cheek gently.

Taeyeon nodded while she says

“Oh yeah… so, what is it?”

“Hurm… I’ll give you a hint,” Jiyong replied try to playing with her.

“Okay… I’ll figure it out...” Taeyeon said while lift her eyebrows.

“Hurm… what can I say…” Jiyong replied while thinking about the hint that he want to tell her.

Taeyeon look at him curiously while wait for his words.

“Sunrise... breakfast... garden...” Jiyong said slowly one by one.

Taeyeon frown after she heard that.

Jiyong grin after he saw Taeyeon expressions.

“That’s it? That not a hint!” Taeyeon replied with firm.

Jiyong chuckles and then he says

“I won't expose everything...it's not a surprise anymore if you can find out...”

Then, Taeyeon get up from the couch and went to get her pajama. Jiyong look at her and then continue says

“Dear, just wait for tomorrow…”

“What did you just call me?” Taeyeon asked while she turn look at him.

“Dear?” Jiyong replied hesitated.

Taeyeon smiles before she went to the bathroom to get change.

Jiyong frown before he mutters slowly

“Why with those smiles?”

 

 

 

 

Jiyong turn his head after he hear the door open. When he saw Taeyeon in pajama, he can't stop smiling.

“Stop smiling like that…” Taeyeon said when she saw Jiyong face.

“What? I’m just happy to see you,” Jiyong replied teasingly.

“Whatever… I want to sleep… don’t forget to turn off the light” Taeyeon said before her seat on the bed.

“Too soon?” Jiyong asked while pout.

“Yeah… what do you want to do then?” Taeyeon asked with suspicious eyes.

“Can I sleep beside you?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

“No way…” Taeyeon replied.

“Yah! You’re the one asked me to stay…” Jiyong said try to persuade her.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while before she looks at the bed. Jiyong hide his smiles when he saw Taeyeon face.

“Okay… you can sleep here but…stay away from me... I should put pillow here,” Taeyeon said while she take a pillow and put it in the middle.

Jiyong rashly went to the bed and excitedly seat at the bed with smiles.

Taeyeon shake her head after saw Jiyong behavior.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Jiyong suddenly asked while he lay.

“What?” Taeyeon asked back while she’s preparing herself for a sleep.

“What actually happen to you in these two years?” Jiyong asked curiously.

Taeyeon frown after Jiyong asked that.

“Suddenly, curious about that?” Taeyeon asked confused.

Jiyong nodded while wait for her to answer.

Taeyeon lying down while holding her head looked at Jiyong with smiles.

“Hurm… what you want to know?” Taeyeon asked while lift her eyebrows.

“Everything…” Jiyong replied shortly while looking at her.

After that, Taeyeon tell him everything that happened to her. She's telling him honestly about her feelings after he left. She also mentioned her relationship with Yihan along those two years. Jiyong listen to her silently while he kept holding her hand.

“I’m sorry…” Jiyong said with guilty afterward.

Taeyeon smiles before she says

“Don’t… you're not wrong. Actually, what just happened to us is good too. At least, we know that we're love each other. Besides, the surrounding that makes us acts in such a way. So... I won't blame you.”

Jiyong kiss her hand after she said that.

“But you know what's funny?” Taeyeon suddenly asked while chuckles.

“What?” Jiyong asked with smiles.

“All this time, I misunderstood that Dami unnie is your secret lover ...” Taeyeon replied while laughing.

“What? Why you think that way?” Jiyong asked while frowning.

“Yah! When we've been together, you've never once talked about your family. In fact, you never mentioned Dami unnie in front of me... So... I just assume... that way...” Taeyeon replied with guilty.

Jiyong laughing before he rubs Taeyeon hair and says

“Aigoo… this girl…why don’t you ask me?”

“Well… I thought you don't want to tell me... so, I won't bother until you're the one to want to tell me...” Taeyeon replied honestly.

Jiyong smiles while he touches Taeyeon cheek softly.

“Hurm... well, if you're curious... My family relationship is not as good as your family ... but after omma is gone, I try to be a good child for appa ...” Jiyong said with mixed feelings.

“What actually happen?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

After that, Jiyong spill everything that happened to him and his appa. He also tells her about his decisions to quit from being a lecturer, his life before he meets her at Aarhus and why he’s decided to continue his MBA. Taeyeon listen to his story with mixed feelings. That night, Taeyeon know that all this time, Jiyong kept many problems with him. Yet, he still can manage to accept her behavior to him. Taeyeon feel guilty toward him afterward.

Taeyeon stares at him for a while before she moves the pillow between them and went to hug him.

“I’m so sorry…” Taeyeon said whispering to him.

Jiyong stunned when Taeyeon hugs him. But when he hears her sorry, Jiyong smiles and hugs her back.

“Don’t be…” Jiyong said while he rubs her hair gently.

For a moment, they just stay like that. Both of them feel ease after be honest to each other on that night. Afterward, they fell asleep in each other's arms.

 

 

 

 

NEXT DAY

 

Jiyong open his eyes after his phone alarm voice rang. He takes his phone and turn off the alarm. Suddenly, he feels something heavy on his body. He saw Taeyeon is hugging his body while sleeping beside him. Then, he realized that last night, they're sleeping by cuddling each other. Jiyong smiles while he's staring at her face. He touches Taeyeon hair gently before he went to kiss her forehead softly.

For a while, he just continues staring at her silently until Taeyeon turn away her body from him. Jiyong smiles, and then he went to kiss her cheek gently. Afterward, he went to take a bath before he's preparing his surprise for her.

 

Moment later, Taeyeon move her body after she heard the sound of the door closed. Suddenly, she feels beside her empty and then when she opens her eyes, she saw Jiyong is already not in the bed.

“He’s already awake?” Taeyeon mutter before she yawns.

Afterward, she’s suddenly smiles when remembering her sleeping in Jiyong hugs.

“How I’m going to face him today?” Taeyeon mutter shyly.

She then, gets up from her lay while looks around the room. Then, she felt the room was too quiet. Taeyeon felt weird, and then she got out of bed. She’s gone to the bathroom and knocks it, but no one is answering. She hesitated for a while before she open the door. She saw Jiyong is not in the bathroom.

“Where is he?” Taeyeon mutter while frown.

After that, she went to take a bath with confused.

After she's finished taking her bath, Taeyeon go out with her bathrobe. She startled when she saw Jiyong is sitting on the couch.

“Yah! Where are you being?” Taeyeon asked curious.

Jiyong smiles before he goes to approach her. Jiyong kiss her both cheeks and says

“Morning…dear”

Taeyeon feel ashamed to be treated like that. She's cover her shyness by asking him again.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked.

“Somewhere…now you go wear your clothes. We need to go for breakfast...!” Jiyong said while he pushes her to the wardrobe.

Taeyeon look at Jiyong with suspicious eyes but she still follows his words.

 

 

 

 

NEARBY GARDEN

 

Taeyeon hold Jiyong arm after Jiyong decided to cover her eyes with handkerchief.

“Jiyong, where are we going?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Didn't I tell you about the surprise? So... come... let me surprise you...” Jiyong replied while he hold Taeyeon hand and help her with the steps.

“How far is it, Jiyong?” Taeyeon keep asking curiously.

“Not far away ... a little further ahead” Jiyong replied with smiles.

Afterward, both of them arrive at the nearby garden. Jiyong stops his step, follow by Taeyeon.

“So, are you ready?” Jiyong asked excitedly.

Taeyeon nodded. Jiyong then uncover Taeyeon's eyes gently. Taeyeon blinking her eyes, but then she's froze.

Taeyeon saw a fabric is placed on the ground with some food served on it. Several types of flowers are placed around the place. Taeyeon smiles widely after she saw that. She turns to look at Jiyong and then asks

“So, this is the surprise?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter