Chapter 37 – avoiding him

Secret Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon enter the house with miserable minds. She lean on the door while thinking about Yihan words before.

“What are you doing there?” Jiwoong asked when he saw Taeyeon is standing at the door.

Taeyeon sigh before she walks toward the living room. Jiwoong shake his head before he follow her and seat on the couch.

“What should I do oppa?” Taeyeon asked while she lean her head on the couch and stares at the ceiling blankly.

“It’s your life, Tae. Do what make you feel happy…”Jiwoong replied.

“How can I’m sure that my decision can make me happy?” Taeyeon asked with unsure.

Jiwoong didn’t replied after she asked that.

“After these years, I still don't understand myself. What just happened to me... did I happy? This is what I really want? What should I do to Jiyong... Yihan...” Taeyeon continue asked.

“Tell me… what is in your mind right now?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

Taeyeon lift up her head and then she stares at Jiwoong. She sighs deeply before she says

“I don't know... I can't understand my feelings anymore. After two years, see Jiyong again... I don't think I know him anymore. He's different... the old Jiyong that I know... is not there...”

“How’s your feeling?” Jiwoong asked.

Taeyeon is silent for a while after the question.

“Did you already fall for Yihan hyung?” Jiwoong asked curiously after Taeyeon didn’t answer him.

“Oppa… Yihan asked me to marry him again tonight...” Taeyeon replied slowly.

“…and your answer?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

“I can't... but I feel sorry for him...” Taeyeon replied.

Jiwoong scoff and then he says

“Sorry? After what has he done to us? Really, Tae?”

Jiwoong look at Taeyeon with unbelievable.

“Of course, I still can't forget that, but I'm sorry to make him behave like that. All his doing because he loved me...and I? I feel so unfair...pity... for him...” Taeyeon replied with uneasy.

“Tae, that's his own problem... not you. If he loved you, he should think your happiness rather than he kept pressure on you. I do make a mistake before to follow what he said, but now... I won't... you can't stay with him if you’re pity at him. That's worst things and bull!” Jiwoong said with firm.

“Oppa…” Taeyeon said but Jiwoong intterutp her and continue says

“I don't care if you're with Jiyong or Yihan or anyone...if you're happy, I won't bother it if not... I don't mind if you're staying single. You have me, I can take care of you, omma and Hayeon...”

Taeyeon feel touched after Jiwoong said that. She went to him and then hugs her oppa tightly.

“Please… don't torture yourself anymore. Get a life and be happy. I just want you, omma and Hayeon happy....” Jiwoong said while hugging Taeyeon.

“Love you, oppa…” Taeyeon said whisper to him.

Jiwoong nodded before he smiles. Mrs. Kim that’s stood behind the wall, smiling happily at the sight of her children.

 

 

 

 

ONE WEEK LATER

DAESUNG CAFÉ

 

Taeyeon is waiting for Dami after she's texting Taeyeon to meet her for discussion about the bungalow. Taeyeon take a sight look at the blueprint before she can explain the details to Dami. However, few minutes later, Jiyong is the one that arrive. He's seat in front of her and smiles.

Taeyeon frown when she saw Jiyong.

“Don’t stares at me like that... Noona is the one asked me to come here and help with these things.” Jiyong said to explain before Taeyeon assume anything.

“Ouh… okay…” Taeyeon replied awkwardly.

“So… what can I do?” Jiyong asked.

“Well… construction of this bungalow is pending, but for your info ... this is an approved design. As you can see ...,” Taeyeon replied while she hand the blueprint to Jiyong.

Jiyong look at the design and then he says

“Perfect…”

“This will be your reference for future. However, before this, Mr. Kwon requests to place another space for the garage but Mrs. Dami request us to replace it for her own gallery.” Taeyeon replied to explain.

Jiyong nodded while looking at the document. After that, they just continue talking about the bungalow project.

“So… if everything is fine. I don’t think we can hold it anymore…” Jiyong said while looking at Taeyeon.

“Yeah… if you’re agreed then we can start it next week” Taeyeon replied.

“Great… I’ll tell noona about this…” Jiyong said.

“Okay, that’s all. If you have nothing to ask, I think I should go,” Taeyeon replied while she take the document and put inside her bag.

“Wait…” Jiyong suddenly said.

Taeyeon look at him after he said that.

“Can we have lunch together? After so long... as a friend... can we?” Jiyong asked hesitated.

Taeyeon stares at Jiyong for a while before she smiles and nodded.

“Great… so, what do you want? It’s my treat,” Jiyong said happily while he looks at the menu.

“Anything…” Taeyeon replied while smiling.

After that, both of them are just enjoying the lunch while chatting about their works. No one dare to open the topic about their life. As they know, if they start to talk about that, they will make each other hurt.

“By the way… I’m sorry” suddenly Jiyong apologies to her.

Taeyeon frown before she asks

“For what?”

“My behavior… that night…my words…” Jiyong replied try to explain with his disorder words.

“Please… I don’t want to talk about it” Taeyeon said to stop him from ruin the moment.

“Okay… but thanks… for have lunch with me” Jiyong replied with smiles.

“My pleasure…” Taeyeon said with smiles.

Jiyong stares at Taeyeon smiles and then his feelings start to flutter. After two years, he can't lie to himself after seeing her smiles. The smiles he missed so much and now, he can see it again.

Taeyeon feel awkward when Jiyong keep staring at her without blinking.

“Jiyong?” suddenly someone greet them.

Jiyong startled before he turn and saw a woman is smiling to him.

“…you are…?” Jiyong asked hesitated.

“Yah! Don’t you remember me? I'm Lili, Mr. Jin's consultant...we meet yesterday...,” the woman said before her handshake with Jiyong.

“Ah…I’m so sorry…” Jiyong replied awkwardly.

Taeyeon look at the woman with uneasy after she saw the woman keep touching Jiyong.

“Oh… you have client, huh?” the woman asked after she saw Taeyeon.

“Oh… let me introduce. This is Kim Taeyeon” Jiyong said to introduce them.

“Oh, Hi… I’m Lili… ” the woman said.

Taeyeon smiles while handshake with her.

“So, Jiyong… I hope we can see each other again…,” the woman said while she places her hand on Jiyong shoulder.

“Me too…” Jiyong replied with smiles.

“… besides, we need to get to know each other better, especially since we are in the same company” the woman said try to flirt with Jiyong.

Jiyong chuckles and then he reply

“Arasso…”

Taeyeon narrow her eyes after Jiyong said that to her.

Then, the woman bravely leans toward Jiyong, and she's whisper something to his ear.

Taeyeon that see the scene start to feel irate. Also, she saw Jiyong keep smiling when he talks to the woman.

“Call me… you know my number” the woman said before she leave the table.

Jiyong continue smiles after the woman leave.

“Who is she?” Taeyeon asked firmly.

Jiyong look at Taeyeon when she asked that. Then, he saw her tense face after asking him that.

“Lili… the consultant” Jiyong replied.

“Did she say you and her in same company?” Taeyeon asked with uneasy tone.

“Yeah… appa ask me to manage the company… so, she’s one of the staff there…” Jiyong replied.

“You two look so friendly,” Taeyeon said with tense face.

Jiyong look at her for a while before he grins and he can senses uneasy tone from Taeyeon when she said that.

“Are you jealous?” Jiyong asked while smiling.

Taeyeon feel huffy after Jiyong asked that.

“What? No way! Why should I?” Taeyeon replied before she sips her drink.

Jiyong smiles while staring at her.

“Yeah… besides, we're not in relationship anymore... you with Yihan and me... should find someone too...” Jiyong said try to make her feel jealous.

Taeyeon look at him after he said that. Meanwhile, Jiyong smiles before he sips his drin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter