Make It With You

LOVE: OVERDUE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PLAYLIST: “Make It With You,” Ben&Ben

 

EPILOGUE

 

Three years later

The struggle is real. Which one should it be? Her brain contemplates upon which type of curry pack is her hands going to pick—Classic, Mild, Spicy or Extra Spicy. Her love-hate relationship with spicy definitely isn’t helping her case at the moment. Spicy, it is! She seizes four packs of the chosen ones into her arms before tossing them down her basket. Watering it down a little bit should do the trick, if necessary.

“Good evening.” She starts placing her groceries on the conveyer belt as soon as she gets to the check-out lane.

“How many store bags would you like, ma’am?”

She quietly flashes four with her fingers, shyly sinking her head politely. It’s pouring rain outside and she isn’t looking forward to getting out of there with four heavy bags of groceries in her hands. She could have parked closer if she knew it would rain.

‘Just wait for me to finish work, I’ll come with you to buy groceries and we’ll get Daeun from your mom.’ Her husband’s words from a previous phone call echoes in her head. “I will pay debit, please.” She hands her card to the cashier who quickly inserts it into the machine before handing it to her.

As she was punching in her password, she feels a warm hand on her lower back. She jolts momentarily until she realizes it’s her husband. “Oh, thank god. Love, sorry. I was impatient, I wasn’t sure what time you were going to finish and I wanted to get Daeun already.” She briefly glances at him before hunching over to the machine again to finish up her payment. “Thank you.” The cashier pulls out the card and hands it back to her. “No, that’s fine. I wasn’t gonna follow you here anymore but then it started raining. Here, take this.” He hands her the umbrella that he was holding before carrying all four grocery bags himself.

“Did you bring your car here or did you walk from the house?” She opens the umbrella and lifts it above them.

“I drove home first and then walked here.”

The two of them share the umbrella and run towards the car together.  She stretches her arm all the way up to keep him dry as he puts the grocery bags in the trunk of the car. “I’ll drive, love. Give me your keys.” She gladly passes him the car keys. In return, he takes the umbrella back from her and leads her to the passenger’s area. Before she opens her door, she turns around to face him. “Should we drop off the groceries at home first and then … pick up Daeun at Eomma’s?”

A lopsided smile forms on her husband’s lips as their gaze holds for a long moment.

“I guess … we should? I mean, you probably bought some meat, right? We need to immediately put that in the oven—I mean, fridge.”

 

Twenty minutes later – at home.

Heavy breathing, sweats dropping and two pairs of eyes dimmed with lust glue together for a passionate staring game. He drags his lips on the damp curves of her collarbone while his palm reaches for her cheek. “That was hot.” She pants while leaning more against his hand. “And quick—ugh. One more, love? Just give me a few minutes.” A frustrated groan escapes his lips that he quickly buries on her neck.

Shaking her head, she finally jumps off the kitchen island before picking her clothes up from the floor. “I understand that we’re trying to get pregnant but we don’t have time right now, love. We already missed a call from Eomma, do you want to get lectured again, Baekhyun? Let’s go get Daeun, she’s probably starting to get cranky now. She needs her Eomma.” She leans by the dining table while wearing her pants. He follows out doing the same, putting his clothes back on. “No, she needs her Appa.” He argues back, leaning close to her face with a teasing smirk. “Oh, right. Appa is her Prince Charming. You’re going to regret putting that in her head, you know? This is why we can barely kiss in front of her now, she cries every time.” She laughs in return.

“What do you me—I wasn’t putting anything in her head, Dohee. You’re the one who got her the prince Ken doll and it’s not my fault she calls it Appa. Give her a break, she only knows how to say, like what, fifteen real words and fifty more gibberish? And that includes Eomma and Appa and Baba, her mouse plushie.” She makes a defeated frown and glares up at him.

To end the silly argument, Baekhyun presses his lips on her for a chaste kiss before dragging her to walk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter