TRACK 2

TRACK 41; OUR ENDLESS PLAYLIST

NO ONE'S POV

Mina would be attending the same school as Jeongyeon and her friends and since there's only one section they've all been classmates. But Mina is elusive, no matter how many times the girl invites her to eat snacks or play them she just shyly say no.

You could say that little Mina has yet to warm up at them.

But Jeongyeon is different. She wouldn't stop, she spent the whole day calling Mina. Even the walk back home with their mother's Jeongyeon would always hold Mina's little hands. The older ladies just got used to it.

-        

-

One night on a weekend little Mina was finishing her homework when she heard the piano playing next door. She always hears it, in the morning before she goes to school and in the evening before she goes to sleep but never did she know who was the one playing it. It could be Seungyeon or Seoyeon, Jeongyeon's older sisters. But she didn't mind, in fact, she loves how the melody wakes her up n the morning and put her to sleep in the evening.

"Michan!"

She thought she was just hearing stuff, who would call her in the middle of the night. Besides her room is on the second floor of the house. So she ignored it.

"Michaaaaan!"

And there it is again, somehow she recognized the voice but couldn't pinpoint who is it from. She started looking around until a light passes her window. She saw little Jeongyeon waving with a flashlight on the other hand.

Coincidentally their rooms were facing each other.

JY : "Michan!"

Mina with her little hand open the window.

JY : "Michan why are you studying? It's a weekend."

MN : "Mi-Chan?" Mina asked out of confusion

JY : "Ohhhh remember Sana and Momo? The other Japanese girl in our class?? The other one eats a lot, while the other plays a lot with Jihyo?? Momo sleeps a lot and Sana talks a lot...."

Mina chuckles "I know who Momo-san and Sana-san are."

JY : "Ohhhh well They told me chan means we're tamagocthi???"

MN : "Tamagotchi?" She asked.

JY : "Maja, tamagochi! Friends!"

Mina starts laughing out loud. It was the first time that Jeongyeon ever saw her laughing like this, her gums was showing.

It was the first time that Jeongyeon ever saw her laughing like this, her gums was showing

MN : "You mean t-o-m-o-d-o-c-h-i, tomodochi?"

JY : "Yeah that's what I said. T-a-m-a-g-o-t-c-h-i, Tamagotchi."

Mina couldn't help but laugh at her neighbor.

JY : "Ehhhhh? I said it right."

MN : "Haha hai..."

JY : "We're friends right? That's why I thought of calling you Michan from now on." She smiled and she almost has her eyes close.

Mina just looked at her.

JY : "My mom told me she's gonna bake some cookies tomorrow, want to come over? We can play here. I'll let you play with Bbosong, Nannan, Bami, and Tan."

MN : "Huh?"

JY : "Oh they're our pets. Bbosong, Nannan, and Tan are dogs and Bami is my unnies cat."

And this is the very first time Mina got asked to hang out.

JY : "Ne???"

MN : "Arraso...."

JY : "Jinja? I'm gonna go tell my mom!!!"

MN : "Haha I'll be there tomorrow."

JY : "Got it! Good night Michan!"

MN : "Hai hai, good night Jeongyeon-chan."

She said closing her curtains.

-

And that's how everything started, Mina learned that Jeongyeon is pretty much like her. Despite the high energy, Jeongyeon loves to sit around and read books instead of playing with the other girls. She loves music and the sound of piano playing was from her little fingers. They spent most of their time playing together in Jeongyeon's place. Tho, the only game they play is hide and seek, which by the way Jeongyeon at.

The two grew up together but even so, Jeongyeon would always hold her hand going to school and going home. Until one day Mina woke up and Jeongyeon and her family were nowhere to be found.

Yes, childhood is the best part of her life but it comes with things they're not capable of doing. 

For Mina and Jeongyeon they weren't given a chance to say no. Just like any childhood Mina grew passed over it, she didn't blame Jeongyeon, she didn't have a choice.

***It's been a long time since you laughed I think I'm forgetting your voice Now I know what time heals all wounds mean It hurts but now I can talk about you        

***It's been a long time since you laughed I think I'm forgetting your voice Now I know what time heals all wounds mean It hurts but now I can talk about you...***

"Ka-san! Are you awake? We're gonna be late." (A/N Ka-san came from Okasan/mother)

Mina didn't notice how she got lost in the memories of her past. She didn't realize she's been looking out the window for quite some time now.

MN : "I'll be right there Mio."

Myoui Mina is never late, well she always wakes up at 7 am since she was small.

7 am to get to school,

7 am to get to work

And 7 am to breathe the fresh air of the morning.

Although there are times where Mina, wish that she could stop time like how she stops the non-stop buzzing of her alarm clock. Even if it's just for 30 minutes, she wants to stop the world from spinning.

MINA'S POV

I've always wondered what was this something I'm missing, it's like a song you used to love. You remember how the melody goes but not what the lyrics are.

My best friend used to tell me that songs are emotions expressed in a way that only souls can understand. She used to lend me her favorite CDs and in our free time we either play hide or seek or she plays the piano while she sings for me.

Today I'm attending a PTA meeting for the upcoming school festival. No matter how busy I am, I always make sure I make time for Mio. She's my everything.

MN : "Mio do we still have time to get breakfast?"

"We still have 30 minutes mom."

MN : "Then let's drive-through, I want some pancakes."

"Arraso but you have to finish it before the meeting starts okay?"

MN : "Hai hai eomeonim." I .

It could be because Mio was a force to grow up sooner with things that happened to me and her dad. Her dad and I call it quits after 3 years of being married.

He used to tell me, my heart has always belonged to someone even before I met him and that I wasn't gonna be happy with him. So we decided to be friends after 3 years of being married, Mio was just 3 at that time. Then after another 3 years more he met the love of his life when he moved to London. I was happy for him. He deserved it.

-

We decided to eat in the car since we're still a little early for the meeting.

MI : "Mom is dad your first love?"

MN : "Haha where did this came from?"

MI : "Well dad said auntie was his first love but she moved to London, that's when she met you. I was just wondering if he's yours."

MN : "Ohh.. Well, I did have someone before I met him."

MI : "Who is he?"

MN : "She... well, she's never really mine, to begin with. She's like a free bird. You can't cage her in one place."

MI : "Do you have a picture of her?"

MN : "Uhmmm I think I have some in some old album."

MI : "Album? Not on your phone?"

MN : "Mio I get that your generation is high-tech but back when mom was still in school we have flip phones. Even if I took pictures with it, you wouldn't recognize her face with how pixelated the photo is. We value a film camera than those kinds of things."

MI : "Old school."

MN : "I'm not that old haha, are you done eating we should go to your classroom."

She just nodded back, we made our way to her classroom.

---