TRACK 12

TRACK 41; OUR ENDLESS PLAYLIST

***Because my lips froze up, I couldn't tell you the words.***

   

NO ONE'S POV

How could she possibly tell her 6-year-old daughter the tragic story she and Jeongyeon had? How could she explain that their childhood forced them to grow apart? Besides, it's not the kind of story she should be telling a 6-year-old girl.

Mina held her daughter's hand and thought of the simplest way to explain it without lying to her.

MN : "Well, Jeongyeon moved away and when she came back, it's a little too late."

Mio cries in her mother's embrace. She wasn't even sure why she was upset but Mina understand. Mio is still a child and hiding something that was just in front of her eyes was breaking.

MN : "Ka-san is sorry. I should've told you sooner."

The little girl hugs her mom tighter.

MI : "I want to talk to her." She boldly said.

And of course, Mina will be surprised she doesn't even know what's there to talk about, especially between Mio and Jeongyeon. But if it's something that will make the little girl feel better, she'll do it.

MN : "Arraso, if you really want to then I'll invite her for dinner tomorrow. For now, let's get you washed up."

MI : "Aniyo. I want to talk to her alone."

Sometimes it really gets Mina wondering how straightforward her 6-year-old, again, 6-year-old daughter is.

But what could she do? Her daughter is just like her the girl wouldn't take no for an answer. So after washing Mio, Mina went next door to bring Jeongyeon a soup and to ask her what the little Myoui wanted.

*DOORBELL RINGING*

JY : "Oh annyeong, everything okay?" The girl seems to just got out of the shower and was still drying her hair with a towel.

MN : "Yes, I just came to give you this." She said handing the soft tofu. "And to thank you for calling me right away."

JY : "That's part of my job Mina, she's my student left alone the daughter of my best friend. It's my duty to make sure she arrives home safe. Do you want to come in? It's a little bit messy since I didn't have time to clean since I moved in..."

MN : "Gwenchana, I'm not staying that long. I left Mio on her own, I just wanted to hand you that."

Jeongyeon didn't say another word, she just put the soup on the nearest table and wore her slippers.

JY : "Thank you, I'll make sure to finish it to the bottom."

MN : "Haha dork, you don't really have to."

JY : "A-N-I-Y-O I know I'll finish it. Off you go, it's a little dark outside I'll walk you back."

MN : "I should be fine on my own."

JY : "Haha still the Ms. Independent, I see. Then how about I watch from here until you get inside?"

Then how about I watch from here until you get inside?

MN : "Well, you're still stubborn. I'm sure even if I say no you'll still do it. Arraso."

Mina makes her way while Jeongyeon watches over her. She stops in the middle of Jeongyeon's pathway.

JY : "Waeyo? Forgot something?"

Mina turns around only to find Jeongyeon with that same big smile that almost shuts her eyes close. She thought letting Mio talk to the taller girl alone would be a bad idea, who knows what her daughter might say? But somehow seeing Jeongyeon smiles like she always does gave her some kind of assurance that everything will be fine. Because she knows the taller girl could handle it, Jeongyeon can handle everything.

MN : "Uhm Jeong... Are you busy tomorrow?"

JY : "If you're asking me out on a date and if it's on you then you can count me in." The taller girl jokes.

MN : "Pabo.... Mio wants to spend some time with you."

JY : "Mio? With me?" The girl starts being serious. "Of course! I would loved to. Where do you guys want to go?"

MN : "I still got work tomorrow."

JY : "On a weekend?"

MN : "Works been demanding a lot lately. But if you don't want to..."

JY : "I'll do it! I've been wanting to get closer to that little girl but she's just too elusive compared to the others."

MN : "Arraso, then a trip to the mall would do it."

JY : "Mall? For a 6-year-old kid? I'll take her to the park or a zoo if you'll let me."

MN : "Arraso, but can you drop her off in Tzuyu's place after?"

JY : "Ehhh? I can take care of her until you come home."

MN : "Come on Jeong, we all know you're the biggest baby of all of us. Besides she promised to play with Taeyoung."

JY : "Arraso, arraso. Then I'll pick her up tomorrow?"

Mina smiled at her and nodded in agreement before leaving.

-

The next morning Jeongyeon woke up a little early than usual, well, to be honest, she hasn't gotten any sleep since she was too excited to spend some time with Mio. She spends a lot of time standing in front of the mirror, if she wore a dress she won't be able to run around but if she wore a blouse Mio might tense up seeing how mature she looks. So she made up her mind and wore a hoodie and loose pants.

When she got to the Myoui's she was surprised to find out that the little girl is also wearing a hoody and loose pants        

When she got to the Myoui's she was surprised to find out that the little girl is also wearing a hoody and loose pants.

MN : "Look at you two haha. You look like dorks."

JY : "Yah." She softly said.

MN : "Hahaha mianhe, I wanted her to wear a dress but she said she'll be uncomfortable playing with it. Hey Mio did you remember what mom said?"

MI : "Hai... I'm not supposed to go with strangers."

MN : "And?"

MI : "I should stay with aunt Jeongyeon."

MN : "Good."

JY : "Don't worry Mina I promise not to lose her."

MN : "Oh it's not like that, I asked her to stick with you because you might end up missing. You know, since you like to wander around."

JY : "Ehhhhhhh I won't. I promise."

MN : "Hai, hai. Here you go." She said handing a small backpack to the taller girl. "It has an extra shirt and shorts, some towels, powder and sunscreen. If she gets hungry there are snacks inside. Jeongyeon I trust you, I know if it's you nothing will happen to Mio. But if you could give updates from time to time I'll be happy."

JY : "Arraso boss! You can leave it to me, I'll make sure Mio will have a lot of fun today."

MN : "Thank you." Mina then leaned to her daughter's ear. "Mio take it easy okay? I know you find her weird but if you give it a try I'm sure you'll have fun." She whispers to the girl.

MN : "Arraso, time to go. I'll see you guys late and enjoy!"

JY : "Wait what did you tell her?"

MN : "Nothing special haha, mannayo!"

---