TRACK 43

TRACK 41; OUR ENDLESS PLAYLIST

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon feels a cold breeze embracing her the moment Mina and Mio were out of her sight. She made so much preparation for this but she's well aware no matter how hard they prepare, it'll never get easy. But the hardest part of this is the fear that she might lose Mina and Mio.

"You'll be fine Jeong, we'll bring you back to Mio and Mina." The older Myoui calmed her down.

JY : "Thanks ahjussi, I'll leave everything to you."

OM : "Arraso, just remember you have to come back to them okay? Mina would kill me if something happens to you."

JY : "Hahaha I will, I'll make sure she won't kill any of us. Uhm.... I know it's kinda weird to ask you this right now but just in case... You know."

OM : "You shouldn't be thinking like that."

JY : "I know... But... Uhm... Ahjussi, I want to marry your daughter." She said out of nowhere.

All the people inside the operating room stopped what they were doing and look at them.

JY : "I'll give you anything you want just please let me marry your daughter. I know I was absent most of her life but I love your daughter since the start. I bared the pain of not having her around while we're growing but I don't think I can bear any more of it. I want to be with her until the day I die, I want to be there when she needs someone. I want to be with Mio and Mina, Ahjussi."

OM :

OM : "Mina was right when she said you are a dork. It's not like we didn't know, everyone knew Jeong. You and Mina are always meant to be together, it's just it wasn't your time before. I'm not gonna ask you for anything, all I want is for you to come back home to them safely. For now, focus on your surgery, you might fall asleep anytime soon."

JY : "Gomawo ahjussi."

OM : "Oh if you really want to marry my daughter you might want to start calling me Abeoji." The older Myoui smiled and it was the last thing Jeongyeon saw.

Slowly she lets go, closes her eyes, and lets herself get lost in the void between heaven and earth. She thought anesthesia works so she could sleep while they open her up but after she closes her eyes for a brief moment she woke up in a place time has forgotten, in a place she always treasured.

Yoo Jeongyeon subconscious woke up in the dream she always wanted.

-

Her life passes in a blink of an eye, the moment she was born, the moment she found out she has a shunt in her heart, the moment she met Mina, and the moment she met Mio. All feel euphoric in her heart.

A theory suggests that on the brink of death you'll see your life passing by your eyes for two reasons.

One and the most common reason, says one sees such images just before death because your searching for a way to avoid death by going through all your past experiences and memories. You see your life pass by you. It's like your brain rewinds every good memory you had live in your whole life. You'll see people dear to you, places that are close to you, and moments you've always try to remember. Opposite of what people believe in that it only means you'll die soon. It's actually a way of your brain in helping you fight death. It shows you what you can still have if you keep on fighting.

A reason to hold on.

And two, it's where you see a future you've always wanted. It's made up of beautiful lies. One that's shows you good things you can have, one you always prayed for. It's also that one that soothes you, cradles you like a baby, and puts you at rest. So, in any case, it is the end, that it's time to face death it wouldn't be painful. Because it'll be filled with joy and delight. With just good things being shown, it's tempting to just give up the fight.

A reason to let go.

-

Jeongyeon closes her eyes and was woken up by the sweet smell of cherry blossom, she feels the soft bush of the school ground by her palm. The girl looks up at the sky, it's bright and sunny at the moment. The wind blows her hair, everything is just perfect.

Finally, Jeongyeon's heart feels lighter.

JY : "I guess heaven does come in a form where you're most comfortable huh?"

"Well, if you're done with your homework, then you can call this heaven Jeongyeon-chan."

Jeongyeon quickly looks to her side, she recognized this voice and even the scent that was blending in with the cherry blossom. There she found Mina in their high-school uniform. She's dazzling as ever.

JY :

JY : "And what are you doing here?"

She looked into her eyes and noticed that even in her heaven, Myoui Mina is still the one who holds her universe.

MN : "I don't remember you owning the whole school."

JY : "I mean what are you doing in my dream?"

MN : "Jeong I think you need to get your head check. I think this is probably the effect of you being a dork. Gaja before president park kills you."

JY : "Ehhhhhh?" She stood up.

MN : "I'm not gonna wait, you know I...."

JY : "You don't like to wait, Mina I have a shunt in my heart."

The girl slowly turns around, Jeongyeon is trembling inside.

MN : "Your jokes are not funny anymore!" She said running away.

JY : "Wait, Mina wait."

The taller girl grabbed Mina and the girl was already crying. Though it hurts to see her like this, Jeongyeon knew this is how it is supposed to be, at least in this dream.

JY : "I'm not joking."

MN :

MN : "Jinja?! If you're not joking then explain to me how someone with a hole in her heart the ace of the track team? How come you can dance like there's no tomorrow? Just say it, Jeong, you don't want to be around me, that's why you're making this lame excuse."

JY : "Wait, what????? I love you, that's why I'm trying to be honest with you."

MN : "Pabo!" She said escaping from Jeongyeon's grip, leaving the girl puzzled.

NY : "Ohhhhh I think you got the orders wrong."

SN : "It should've been "I love you, Mina, I'm sick go out with me." Jeong."

MM : "Maja, pabo! Haha."

Jeongyeon looks to the side and found these three peeking in the window, making fun of her.

Turns out in this life, she's not sick, that there's no reason for her to leave Mina. In this life, it'll be here and Mina from the beginning to the end.

It's the perfect life she always dreams of.

---