TRACK 20

TRACK 41; OUR ENDLESS PLAYLIST

***You're so beautiful when you smile, so whenever I see you've lost your smile. I want to give it back to you, whatever it takes.***

   

NO ONE'S POV

When they reached the road across the Han river, which is not mainly used by commuters, Jeongyeon had asked the two of them if it was alright to open the window, she said she wanted fresh air in which the two said okay. Mio gets drawn in how busy the lights of Seoul looks at night. It was the very first time she has seen the city awake. Mina looks outside the window, she wonders if she has ever been to this place. It was already dark and no matter how hard she squints her eyes she doesn't recognize the road.

But the more they drive down this road, the more Mina gets this familiar feeling.

JY : "It's not the best but I can guarantee it'll be worth it." She said pulling the breaks.

Jeongyeon hurriedly runs to the other side to open the door for the mother and daughter. Mina stepped out of the car and the taller girl could only give her a knowing smile. Right then she realized Jeongyeon has taken her to a place close to her heart.

A place that was full of sweet memories.

Jeongyeon holds Mio's hand as they followed the older Myoui

Jeongyeon holds Mio's hand as they followed the older Myoui. Mina knows the place wouldn't compare to those fancy restaurant they have in the middle of Seoul, the place is already worn out and time had stolen its beauty but one thing is for sure, the place was reeking with nostalgia.

MN : "Jeong, is this?"

JY : "It's what you think it is Mina. Gaja it's about time they closed." She said picking Mio up.

Mina followed the two of them and starts to ponder. When did these two start being this close? When did Mio let anyone carry her just how they like? And when did her matured daughter started acting like a child?

*DOOR OPEN*

"Annye-- Omo! Omo! Mina-ssi? Yeobo! Yeobo! Jeongyeon and Mina are here." The older lady said.

Soon enough an old guy came rushing out of the back.

"Omo, it really is."

JY : "Hehe, I told you I'll bring Mina with me next time."

"You should've told us, we should've prepared." The older guy said.

MN : "Aniyo, we'll be happy with the usual :)"

"And who is this beautiful girl?" The older girl asked referring to Mio.

MN : "Go ahead love introduce yourself."

Jeongyeon let the little girl down and fixed her dress.

MI : "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Myoui Mina."

"Aigoo, you look exactly like Jeongyeon." The older lady said.

JY : "Hahaha aniyo, it's Mina's daughter from her ex-husband."

"Omo, mianhe. She just looks like You and Mina in some way. You girls go and take a seat, we'll get your dinner ready."

MN : "Gomawo ajumma."The three of them bow.

They followed Jeongyeon who sat at the last table beside a window overlooking the Han river.

JY : "This place is an important part of your mom's and my childhood Mio. We used to get into the subway and walk half a mile back then. If it's not here she wouldn't come with me."

MN : "It's not like you have any other place you know."

JY : "Ehhh? But you love it anyway."

MN : "Of course I did, ajumma makes the best kimchi fried rice in town."

MI : "So you used to date here?"

JY : "Maja!" MN : "Ani!" They said at the same time, Mio giggles at how flustered her mom looks.

JY :        

JY : "Haha friendly date." She teases the older Myoui.

MN : "Pabo.... But seriously when did you start going back here?"

"Jeongyeon's been coming back here whenever she comes back from California." The older girl said while giving them their side dish.

"She always promised us she'll bring you back and she'll introduce us to someone special. I'm guessing the special someone is this little bun." She said patting Mio's head. "I'm gonna go get your dinner."

MN : "You did?"

JY : "Well, whenever I have the time, I make sure to say hello from time to time. Besides you said it yourself ajumma makes the best kimchi fried rice in Seoul."

And Mina was lost of words. Someone who lives on the other side of the world didn't forget a place like this. It just shows how Jeongyeon treasure every memory she had with Mina.

-

After dinner, Mina had promised to come back from time to time to visit the old couple. She thought that was it for the night but Jeongyeon insisted to make one las stop before they head home.

Tonight Jeongyeon's been going back to the past. Because the moment she stopped the car, Mina was drowned by another set of memories from their childhood.

*XX ARCADE*

JY : "As a promise to your mom we'll only stay for 30 minutes so you can sleep early."

MI : "Hai!!" The girl answered enthusiastically.

Inside the place was a bunch of new things Mina don't recognize anymore. It was kinda loud compared to the days they used to drop by. Jeongyeon pulled her and carried Mio making sure she's not gonna lose either of them.

JY : "Back when were in middle school your mom was called the queen of the arcade. Whenever she sits down she doesn't get up, I have to stay in the side holding both of our backpacks as she gets drawn in the virtual world."

MN : "Jeong you're exaggerating."

JY : "Am I? Remember we used to get scolded a lot because you spend too much time playing we always get home late."

MN : "That's because your mom is strict."

Mio starts laughing, she's getting used to how these two older ladies bicker.

MI : "Ka-san I challenge you!" The younger said out of nowhere.

MN : "Mianhe, I don't know how to play anymore kiddo."

JY : "Oh, oh we have a coward here. Well, she probably knows she's gonna lose. I guess you'll have to settle with me Michan."

MN : "Ahhhhh, you really think I'll lose that easy? Go ahead and team up, I'll finish you two in a blink of an eye."

JY : "Hahaha arraso, Michan let's do our best to silent your mom."

MI : "Hai!!!!"

Jeongyeon and Mio sat on the other side of the arcade, pick whatever character Mio wants and started playing. As if Mina forgot that she's actually playing against her daughter. The older Myoui gave her best, showing who was this arcade queen used to be, defeating Jeongyeon and her daughter.

MN : "Told you, bleh." She said sticking her tongue out like a grade-schooler.

JY : "Haha we need more practice Michan."

MN : "Arraso time to go."

MI : "Can we go back next time???" The younger looked at Jeongyeon and Mina.

JY : "If your mom is fine with it, then I don't see any problem."

MN : "Of course love, we'll go whenever you want. For now, we need to go home."

JY : "Gaja."

On the way out Jeongyeon notice how Mio looked at the stuffed animals inside the crane game. Knowing her, Jeongyeon knew Mio will never ask for it no matter how much she likes it.

JY : "Hey Mina. Can you give me a second? I want to try this one."

MN : "Of course."

Jeongyeon sticks her coin in and not even a minute she already got one teddy bear but she didn't stop there. She knows there's one more person in the room who never ask for anything she wants and just stares at them. She inserts another coin and luckily got another one of the same kind.

JY : "Here you go, one for Michan and one for Mi-san."

MI : "Gomawo Jeong-chan."

MN : "Go-gomawoyo." She stutter.

JY : "Hai, hai." She said brushing both of their hairs.

        

---