TRACK 42

TRACK 41; OUR ENDLESS PLAYLIST

NO ONE'S POV

Mina reads through the paragraphs, it felt like Jeongyeon is just talking to her. The tears haven't dried up but there's a new bunch of them wanting to pour down.

*THUD*

She didn't notice that the USB in Jeongyeon's notebook fell off, the USB. Hurriedly she looks for the closest computer to her.

MN : "Miss can I borrow this?"

"This is not for public use ma'am."

MN : "I just have something to check, jebal?" She said with tears on the side of her eyes.

"Arraso, but only for a minute."

Mina nodded back, put the USB on, and same as in the notebook she finds all the TRACKS music files. Each one of them was a version in which Jeongyeon was the one signing. Knowing each one of them is here, Mina looks for TRACK 41, hoping Jeongyeon was able to record it just in time. And there it was.

"You think this is working Jeong-chan?"

Mina was surprised to hear from her daughter.

JY : "Of course, trust me I know a lot about technology."

MI : "Ehhhh? But you don't know how to use your own phone."

JY :

JY : "Shhh, Michan, your mom doesn't need to hear that."

Mina looks around and found everyone laughing at what Mio has said. Everyone seemed to have taken notice of her.

JY : "Let's start, you know your line right?"

MI : "Jeong-chan do I really have to say it?"

JY : "Didn't you agree on it?"

MI : "It's because you told me your gonna buy me ice cream."

"Excuse me."

Mina paused the voice clip and look at the older lady who approached her, she wiped the tears in her eyes.

MN : "Mianhe, I'll stop it if it's bothering you."

"Ani, I was just gonna ask if that's your family?"

MN : "Hai, it is."

"Then could we listen to it too?" She said looking back at the people in the waiting area. "A lot of us here are like you, we're waiting for our loved ones to come out. Hearing them gave as some sort of escape from the anxiety."

MN : "I would gladly but you might hear something weird. Especially from the other one since she's a dork."

"We don't mind and thank you."

The older lady went back to her sit and one of the nurses turn the volume up a little.

*PLAY*

JY : "So you did agree to it. Gaja....."

MI : "Me!"

JY : "You!"

MI, JY : "Me after you!"

A few laughs can be heard from the room

JY : "See it wasn't that bad, Ka-san would probably love it."

MI : "She'll probably call us dorks."

JY : "Well now that you mentioned it.... Hahaha never mind! We already spend a lot of time introducing the song. Ahem, ahem." She clears . "Annyeong Mina! This song is written for you, Mio and I will be singing. I hope you'll like it and I'll see you soon."

The next thing that came out from the speaker was sweet melodies playing from the piano. Mina just has to close her eyes and she can see Mio and Jeongyeon sitting in their usual spot, playing together.

All of a sudden she's back in 2002. She's sitting on the ground under a tree while Jeongyeon was sleeping next to her. She was reading a book, and she could hear Nayeon, Momo, and Sana arguing about who would make the best wife in the future.

"After I met you, I've been happy with small changes. In the dazzling morning, I open my eyes by thinking of you.

I sit face-to-face with you at the table, I ask about your day "My day was pretty good" I want to answer with a smile. When we understand each other about little things, I was surprised with the fact that we got used to each other. I love you."

Mina could see how beautiful Jeongyeon was. Her small head, sharp jaws, and her red lips, everything about her is just perfect. It's just a feeling of pure bliss.

"Just like now when it's peaceful, "I want to be with you forever." I thought that as I was looking at you.

I was so happy after meeting you. I was able to love you so much because you embraced and understood my young and immature mind warmly.

When we hurt each other with our nonchalant tone, I can't bear our distant relationship so I'm sorry. Even now when I'm anxious , "I want to be with you forever." I thought that as I was looking at you."

Slowly she gets drown in her childhood memories. And for a long time in a while, Mina felt how good it is to be truly loved.

"After the hot summer with the sound of rain that I'll miss. When I blush as I get shy, I'll kiss your eyes as you'll have a lot in your mind. Let's walk forward together"

Every line of the song was fitting their family perfectly, from the little giggles to the gibberish words. Mina never knew she'll be loved like how these two human beings love her.

"Are you happy after meeting me, too?

I'm sorry that I have more that I couldn't give you, I'm selfish and unstable but I wanted to treat you well. I think I found a perfect love that I've been waiting for a long time. Because you held me and gave me energy, because you hugged me by being considerate lovingly. 

After I met you."

And slowly the music fades, Mina feels her heart became lighter. She looks around her and all the people are in awe. Each one of them has a smile on their face.

MI : "Jeong-chan are you sure you want me to sing with you."

JY : "Of course kid, your mom would be very happy to hear you signing."

MI : "Arraso..... Ask her the question Jeong-chan."

JY : "Ehhhhhhh?"

MI : "Jebal? You said your gonna ask her."

JY : "But...... Aish that's not fair, how could I say no to that adorable face. Uhm Mina.... You're listening, right? I hope you don't misunderstand this, I'm not gonna ask you because Mio forced me nor because I think I'm gonna die on surgery."

MI : "Ehhhh?"

JY : "Arraso, I'm not gonna say that word again...... I know I made you wait for so long. Sorry I had to reject you the first time but I do, I want to get married to you. I want to grow old and have white hair with you.

Myoui Mina, would you do me a favor by taking this hopeless dork as your wife? Would you marry me?"

"Dork." Mina chuckles.

JY :

JY : "Yah, what are you smiling at?"

MI : "Nothing, you should continue." The little girl giggles.

JY : "What I'm trying to say is I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Mio. No more goodbyes just good nights, I'll let you have the good side of the bed and you can have 80% no, 100% of my salary. Haha I know it sounds like I'm bribing you, I'm not I just want to give everything I can to you and Mio. I'll ask you properly after I wake up but you can hold on to this until then."

*DOOR OPEN*

JY : "Oh no Ka-san is here, quick Mio we have to clean up...... Yah! The dishes! The dishes are still in the sink, she's gonna kill me..... Mina, I'll see you soon. Please don't worry about me too much, I love you!"

*END OF VOICE TAPE*

Before she knew it the tears in her eyes have dried up and a smile has formed on her lips. Even though she's not right next to her at the moment, Jeongyeon made her feel better.

But the happiness was short-lived, in his most melancholic voice, her dad called her.

"Mina?"

---

(A/N) That's it for now, we'll see if Jeongyeon wakes up next update and it'll probably be the end too. We'll see HAHA, have a nice day everyone!!!! Stay safe and healthy! 😉