TRACK 11

TRACK 41; OUR ENDLESS PLAYLIST

***I was searching for the things that never changed. I will never forget how you were on that day. These feelings I have to transcend time, I just want to meet you now.***

   

NO ONE'S POV

The older Myoui wanted to tell Mio how it ended even before it started but what's the point of going back to the past when things will never be the same?

[AUTUM OF 2002; SOPHOMORE SCHOOL FESTIVAL; 15-YEAR-OLD MINA AND JEONGYEON]

They say autumn is a melancholy season that suits memories well. It has its own magic, with gold leaves falling, orange skies every afternoon, and a blissful wind that caresses the skin. A paradise that can only be seen at a certain time of the year.

But there's also a reason why it's called fall.

Autumn is so beautiful yet strangely everything is dying.

-

Mina sits with the crowd, she happily cheers for Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu who was selected to represent their class in the game of track and field.

NY : "I bet you a thousand Dahyun would fall."

MM : "I'll treat you guys if she doesn't, of course with Nayeon unnies money." The girls laughed.

JY : "Haha you should at least have faith in them. Right, Michan?"

Jeongyeon holds Mina's hand, maybe they held each other's hand for so long people got used to it, the students, the teachers. Not even one person in this school get's shocked.

All of them knew that these two always comes in pair.

JY : "Michan?"

Mina shook her head, for a moment there she saw things.... She saw a future where they are old and just sitting watching the leaves on the tree fall, like how they are now.

She was caught in daydreaming.

She was caught in daydreaming        

MN : "Right." She answered.

The day went on and before they knew it they already arrived at the latter part of the competition. When Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu was called to receive their awards. Mina looks for Jeongyeon, it's too obvious the girl has wandered off again.

Mina walks to the back of the school, it's like all their life's Jeongyeon always look for the furthest place away from the crowd, a place where she can be alone but unfortunately for her Mina always find her. No matter how hidden the place she chose to stay, Mina always finds her. And of course, she'll be under a tree sleeping with her phone blasting a song.

The sky has become orange and the leaves on the trees fall perfectly at her as if they want to kiss her.

Like all the years that have passed, Jeongyeon didn't even try to participate in anything. But this time Mina got dragged to be part of the street dance. She thought she'll have less time with the taller girl but even if Jeongyeon didn't have to, she stayed late just so she could walk home with Mina. Today, Jeongyeon woke up early so she could be there for Mina's last practice before performing. When the performance started mina felt butterflies in her stomach as if she was gonna throw up soon. Until she found Jeongyeon standing in the middle of the crowd. Everyone started to disappear as if it was just her and Jeongyeon at the school's field.

It was a place Myoui Mina wanted to be stuck for the rest of her life.

The girl just sat next to her. She feels like the wind is cradling her to sleep. She looks at the sleeping girl and brushed her hair to the side. Mina notices how beautiful Jeongyeon is, her sharp jaw, her puffy cheek, and her soft cherry lips. She knew if she could draw Jeongyeon would always be her subject. But the only thing she could do is imprint moments like this in her heart and hope as they grow old together she won't forget it.

-

Suddenly the rain starts pouring, Jeongyeon woke up to find Mina by her side. She grabs her hand and pulled her to the nearest shelter she could find at the time.

Jeongyeon chuckles and again Mina got lost in her.

JY : "Why didn't you wake me up?"

MN : "When did I ever wake you up?"

JY : "Good point, well, I guess we're stuck here for a while."

MN : "That's on you."

JY : "Ehhhhhhh? You didn't have to get me. You know I'll go to you."

MN : "After what? I know you, you always come late and you know me I don't like waiting."

JY : "Hahaha, sorry for always making you come after me."

MN : "Are you really sorry?"

JY : "Well, that's one thing I always hope for. That whenever I close my eyes you'll be next to me when I open them and it always happens. So maybe I'm not sorry at all haha." She said smiling at her.

After what Jeongyeon has said the two just stood there watching as the rain pours on a sunny afternoon. Jeongyeon starts humming to the song the radio was playing, and Mina just watched as the girl sway back and forth in happiness.

Mina thought today couldn't be more magical than it already is. Until Jeongyeon stops, look at her as if she was the most precious thing in the world. Her radio continued playing but Mina could hear everything clearly, the music, the raindrops, the laughter coming from inside of the building, and their heartbeats growing louder and louder.

Jeongyeon took her face closer without saying a word, she cupped her cheeks and slowly press her lips against Mina's. And it was just like what her mother has ever told her, what she has always seen in the movies.

It was magical.

It didn't even last that long but it felt like that the world has stopped revolving        

It didn't even last that long but it felt like that the world has stopped revolving. It felt like an eternity. When their lips parted, Jeongyeon just smiled at her place her jacket on top of them, and said.

"Let's go, a little rain wouldn't be bad."

And Mina didn't ask her anything, because she thought they understand each other after the kiss. That everything that comes after that day would be all about them, mina and Jeongyeon. That after that day, it'll be like those dreams she always has.

That's what she thought.

The next morning, Mina was waiting for Jeongyeon. The girl always does this, she always comes when it's a minute away from them being late. And as usual, Mina was running out of patience. She took her umbrella and decided to get her by herself but when she got next door. no one's answering. She reaches for her phone and called Jeongyeon. The line wasn't in service anymore,

MN : "Jeongyeon this is not the time to play hide and seek!" Throwing her umbrella to the side.

She shouts and shouts but nobody answered. She hates how Jeongyeon is always the one to get to hide and she's always the one to seek.

"Mina what are you doing you'll get sick." Her mom said.

But mina couldn't hear anything, she was crying as she calls for Jeongyeon.

"Mina let's go inside."

"Mina?"

"Mina Jeongyeon is gone."

The word echoes in her, it's impossible Jeongyeon would never leave without telling her where she's going. Jeongyeon never leaves her without a clue where to find her.

"Mina, her mom told me they're moving to California. They left early today, please let's go home for now".

Mina didn't want to believe it, Jeongyeon was just right with her yesterday. Mina's heart starts breaking into a million pieces, this is not the dream she wanted. She can't process the thought that after 10 years of being together Jeongyeon is nowhere near her.

That day Mina went home drenched; she skipped class for a week and locked herself inside her room. She didn't want to accept that Jeongyeon left her like that. That year no matter how hard she points the flashlight in Jeongyeon's window she didn't answer. The older girl would usually wake up doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the night, whenever she flashes at her room she always gets up just so she could assure Mina that everything will be alright and the nightmare will go away.

It would take her years to accept that Jeongyeon's not coming back, that the girl might have forgotten about her already.

Oddly the girl who didn't like waiting waited for someone who said she'll find her no matter what but didn't.

Oddly the girl who didn't like waiting waited for someone who said she'll find her no matter what but didn't        

[END OF FLASHBACK]

---

(A/N) If you know that song, then you also know the pain HAHAHAHA! 😅