tap

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while since they have a peaceful afternoon like this.

 

Nako and Yuri, their two children, are away with their grandparents for an outing. Both Hitomi and Minjoo love their children dearly, but it feels nice to enjoy their time together as a couple on a fine Saturday afternoon.

 

Minjoo is laying on the couch with Hitomi laying on top of her, with her wife's arm wrapped around her smaller body. Hitomi has her head tucked under Minjoo's chin, her breath is even as she enjoys how Minjoo's fingers play around with her brown locks. Both of their eyes are closed, but they aren't asleep.

 

Minjoo suddenly shifts. Hitomi cracks her eyes open and tilts her head up, wondering about the sudden movement Minjoo made.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

Minjoo takes a deep breath before she uses her other hand to clasp around Hitomi's thin forearm, gently squeezing her. 

 

Then,

 

Tap tap tap.

 

Three rhythmical taps on her arm.

 

"My dad used to do this to say I love you to his children," she repeats her action again as she explains. "He never tells us I love you verbally. Always settles to other phrases, instead."

 

Hitomi nods against her chest, silently taking the information in.

 

"You and he have many similarities, Tomi. That trait, in particular, reminds me of my father," Minjoo mutters against her crown, smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter