name

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minjoo, do you want eggs too?”

 

A scream resounds on the dining table as the water inside Minjoo’s mouth bursts out, some droplets managing to find their way to their youngest daughter’s face instead of the ground. It’s followed by a chortle coming from the baby boy sitting on the highchair, pointing his finger at the woman’s horrified expression.

 

“W-“ Minjoo sputters, coughing with her eyes wide as the plates, “w-what did you just call me, Tomi?”

 

Hitomi blinks as she pauses on her cooking. She raises an eyebrow up as she turns her head, eyeing Minjoo with confusion in her eyes. “Minjoo?”

 

The older woman pauses, looking taken aback. She raises her hand. “That’s not my name.”

 

“It is?” Her eyebrows are arched higher now, just a moment before she turns back to continue cooking the eggs for her family. “That’s what's written on the marriage certificate, Minjoo.”

 

“Yes, but—“ Minjoo tries to protest, but hey, Hitomi is right. She’s Kim Minjoo, wife of Kim Dahee AKA previously Honda Hitomi. She legally is Minjoo. That’s her name, after all. But Hitomi never calls her by her name after their marriage ten years ago.

 

Unless she made some mistake.

 

“Are you mad at me?”

 

Hitomi pauses on bringing the eggs to the plates as she turns again. “I’m not? Yuri-ah, is Nako-chan awake? She’s going to be late if she’s still sleeping right now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter