confession

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri lied.

 

Or simply, Hitomi adds in her mind after a moment of pause, she handles it differently than me.

 

It seems plausible. After all, aren’t humans unique? They behave in the same pattern, that’s true; but ultimately, the components that create those patterns are different. Slight differences in those components can create differences in those patterns, deviating from the prediction most entirely held. But mostly, they would end up similar. Different, but similar. And that's why Hitomi is losing it now.

 

Because maybe, just maybe, Hitomi’s brain doesn’t brain enough to create those expected patterns of a human.

 

Another baleful sigh escapes her lips as Hitomi rouses herself to sit. Her head still feels so heavy after crying for few hours straight. She raises her hands to wipe her eyes, her tear-streaked cheeks; not very surprised finding warm, fresh tears still rolling down her cheeks.

 

“Ah, .” Hitomi isn’t one to curse, but she can’t help it. “I’m ed.”

 

In less than an hour, her older sister will arrive home. Sakura is the type who quietly cares, but she will act like an enraged mother bear whenever Hitomi is hurt. She won’t leave her alone until she finds the root of the problem and frankly, Hitomi is mortified about this.

 

It’s not anyone else, it’s me.

 

Pushing herself to stand, she limps over in front of the mirror, heaving another big sigh at the pathetic sight before her. Red, teary and swollen eyes. Disheveled hair. Bleeding lips. Tear-streaked cheeks. Yeah, it’s bad news. She can fix the hair and the cheeks quickly, but hiding her eyes and lips are on another level altogether.   

And as if God has forsaken her, the knob on her door twists open after several gentle knocks are left ignored.

 

Hitomi swallows hard at the sight of Sakura, peering over from the crack of the door, a worried look on her face. Their eyes meet each other’s, and at the acknowledgement, Sakura takes another step in.

 

She’s carrying a box of tissues.

 

“Nako told me,” she says, very guiltily.

 

Ah, .

 

 

Hitomi lets herself cry again. Bawling and just let it all out while being em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter