sunrise

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi wakes up first, as it has always been for the last thirty years of her life. She wakes up with Minjoo's arms are tight around her, wrapping her into her warm, secure embrace that never failed to make her feel safe.

 

Carefully, Hitomi escapes from Minjoo's arms, stifling a laugh when her wife frowns and lets out a groan when she slips away. Nothing that a gentle peck between her knitted eyebrows can't fix. Hitomi fixes up so that Minjoo is hugging their barely-used bolster before she exits their room.

 

It's their weekend routine. Waking up at the crack of dawn, fixing each other a mug of hot chocolate, and them watching the sunrise together at the balcony. The routine never really stopped, even if it's nearly twenty-five years of their marriage, and their kids are no longer that much of kids.

 

Today, Hitomi makes it an exception. Minjoo came home barely able to walk straight last night. It's only right for her to allow her wife to sleep until a little later and give Hitomi her share of work.

 

 

Minjoo wakes up the moment she feels a gentle kiss is placed on her cheek.

 

She cracks an eye open, rapidly blinking at the sight of Hitomi holding two mugs of hot chocolate. 

 

"Ah," she lets out, sheepish. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

 

"You were tired," Hitomi reasons out, waiting for her wife to sit up straight and does her morning stretch before she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter