sleep

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hitomi?"

 

"Minjoo?" The voice on the other end is understandably sleepy and tired. They live in the same time zone, but Hitomi always preferring to sleep early. "How—" yawn "--how are you?"

 

A smile blossoms on her lips. She can imagine Hitomi rubbing her eyes now, then slowly rouses herself to sit against the headboard. She can imagine her cute, tired face perfectly as if she is right in front of her. 

 

"I'm okay. Tired, as per usual, but I'm okay now that I can hear your voice."

 

Hitomi huffs, sighing before a giggle resounds from her end. Hitomi is smiling now, Minjoo is sure. "I'm tired too, but your voice is a healing."

 

Minjoo can't stop herself from letting out a shy aww following her words, with one hand covering her lips and lips curling to form a wide, happy smile. "You should rest, Hitomi. Go back to sleep."

 

"Ah?" Hitomi yawns again. "Didn't you call me first?"

 

"I did." Minjoo twirls her fingers around her long dark hair, her lips pursing forward while she pretends that the hair she is twirling between her fingers is Hitomi's blonde locks. "But if you're tired, we can talk some other time."

 

"But I want to talk to you more, Min. I've been waiting for a whole day to talk to you..."

 

"And I too," Minjoo sighs. The disadvantage of both being busybodies and in a long-distance relationship. Minjoo won't lie and te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter