pain

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is this flower named?"

 

Minjoo pushes her glasses up her nose higher before she bends down until the flowers are right in front of her nose, so beautiful and elegant with their color that seems to glimmer under the sunlight. Her eyebrows are furrowed as she carefully analyzes the flower. She thinks hard for a few seconds, then responds with a purposeful ah! once the name of the flowers finally comes to her mind. "That's azalea," she finally says.

 

"Azalea?" Hitomi echoes, her eyes are wide in awe as she turns back to the flower in her hand. The color is so lovely, just as lovely as the fragrance that fills this section of the garden. Hitomi squats down with Minjoo's help, and traces her fingers against the soft petals of the pink-colored flower. "Beautiful name for such a beautiful flower."

 

Minjoo nods. The smile on her lips is small, but full of fondness for this purple-haired woman beside her. "Is this your first time seeing it?"

 

"Frankly, no," Hitomi giggles as she looks up, meeting eyes with Minjoo. She doesn't realize the gentle spark in her eyes caused Minjoo to stop breathing for a brief moment, mesmerized. "I just never knew the name."

 

Minjoo smiles wider at her. She offers her hand, helping Hitomi to stand straight again, forcing the thoughts away as Hitomi sways on her feet, and nearly loses her balance had Minjoo didn't hold her tight against her.

 

"Are you okay?" Minjoo asks her, concern evident in her voice.

 

Hitomi nods. Her lips, trembling and a little too pale for Minjoo's liking, are pulled to create a gentle smile that both eases and breaks Minjoo's heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter